Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Cheers.
5,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Former UFC champion, Vitor Belfort would have a chance to conquer his third title in three different categories against Anderson Silva, but because of an injury he cancelled his participation on the UFC 112. Focusing on his recovery, Belfort watched from the US the fight between Anderson and Demian Maia, that took place in Abu Dhabi yesterday, and talked with TATAME about the duel and criticized Anderson’s posture and showing his way of acting if he were in Demian’s shoes.

How is your shoulder recovery going?

Pretty good. I’m in the middle of a treatment, going to the UFC’s doctor that Lorenzo (Fertitta) arranged for me. He’s really liking it. I’ll go there on Tuesday and we will establish the date of my comeback, between August and October.

Are you already back to the trainings?

Almost there. Doing leg preparation, a lot of running and physical preparation so that I don’t overload my shoulder. Now it the time to regain my shoulder’s moves, make it more stable. I can’t do much, but our cross training has been nice, preserving my weigh. It’s all going really, really well, never better. I’m motivated and exited.

Do you intend to fight for the title on your comeback?

I’m working in this direction. My goal is to fight for the belt. That is what I’m waiting for and is all settled. The shoulder did not made things easy last time, but that’s exactly the reason of my motivation.

What did you think about Anderson and Demian’s fight, yesterday on UFC 112?

Well, I don’t have to say much about it. The audience and Dana White has already spoken for me. This is the way I’m feeling about it now.

On Forrest’s fight, Anderson teased, but won quickly. He did just the same yesterday and couldn’t submit it and the points were the decisive tools. Do you think he exaggerated?

We think just the same. This answer was given by Dana and everyone else.

He defeated Forrest, but it seems that Demian didn’t know what to do, how to act. What would you do in such a situation?

It would only have given me strength to go there and show what I do best.

Do you want make a last comment?

I want to say something to my fans, thanks for their support on Twitter and other networks. I’m coming back. I hope you can understand that an athlete depends on his body, so I ask for patience and even more support for my comeback. God bless you.
http://www.tatame.com/2010/04/11/Vitor-Belfort

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Between august and october is this guy joking? That would be 4-6 months until his return.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.