Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed on many mma forums/sites that people call him off in this fight , and saying dana want to pad JBJ recored with a can .
but i think this fight is the hardest test for JBJ in his career .
Vlady is a crafty vetren with some impressive Wins over tough guys, he's got amazing Wrestling beckground and pretty good hands that he never get cradit for . he also like to play it safe and vs JBJ wild style i think he can catch him with somthing or put him on his back rether fast and he got NASTY top game he could hold him down for long time .

I'm pulling for Bones here he's one of my fevorite fighters. but i don't think we should sleep on The janitor .

·
Premium Member
4,430 Posts
I think he is being hugely underrated, i mean the only blotch on his record is a loss to Vernon White. Other than that he lost to a prime Arlovski, a prime Tito and a prime Lil Nog (who he also beat).
Anyone who only has those losses on his record through a 30 odd fight career is a serious opponent for Bones.

That said i cant see Bones losing to anyone except Shogun in the LHW divison atm, so going with him. Think Matyushenko could be top 10 LHW in the UFC though.

·
-DIBKIS-
21,135 Posts
I think that people are definitely overlooking this guy. The Janitor is a very dangerous fight for Bones. He has some solid skills and a good record to back it up. I think that Bones will win this, but people need to realize that although this isn't what people had in mind after the Vera fight, it still has the potential to be a very tough fight for Bones.

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
To many people are sleeping on Vlad especially with him going over to Brazil and training with Wandy and Werdum. Vlad can grapple with anyone and has some pretty solid striking. Anybody who sleep on him will have a long ass night.

·
The Mad Titan
5,111 Posts
he's definitely underrated, if he can grind on jones and make it a fast paced fight, than he can win as bones tends to gass in the second. but i haven't seen the janitor fight in a while so i don't know what his cardio is like.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I think he is being hugely underrated, i mean the only blotch on his record is a loss to Vernon White. Other than that he lost to a prime Arlovski, a prime Tito and a prime Lil Nog (who he also beat).
Anyone who only has those losses on his record through a 30 odd fight career is a serious opponent for Bones.
I understand you're point in that his losses are justified. However, if you throw me in the cage with those people, yeah, they'll kick my butt too. He could very well just be a bad fighter that lost to good fighters...

Who did he defeat? That's the mark of a fighter in my opinion.

·
Banned
820 Posts
He is a good fighter, but I think JBJ is just to young and talented for him. Vlad will make a fight of this I would count on that.

·
Premium Member
2,696 Posts
The Janitor is getting smashed. The fight makes ZERO sense For Jon Jones. He just crushed Matt Hammil and Destroyed Brandon Vera, both of whom are ranked higher then the "janitor" who is on his last leg. This fight does nothing for Jones besides proving once again he deserves to fight a top 5 guy. After this fight he will be 7-0 in the UFC. Or 6-1 if you want to be a blind Homer and count the Hammill fight against due to the worst ref on the planet. How many other fighters do see in the UFC tear apart 7 fighters and not get a title shot? Maybe Jon Fitch because Dana hates him, but that's all I can think of.

This fight angers me. Bones would Crush Rashad, Rampage, Bader T. Silva, Lil Nog, Coutre, and would give Machida and Shogun great fights.

·
Registered
585 Posts
For some strange reason anyone would be called an easy fight if they face Jones. I personally don't get why people are looking past Matyushenko. I hope he destroys Jones to keep people around here quiet.Though he will probably lose a decision then cry and try to get it reversed . The same crap happened with Fedor and Werdum people kept talking abuot Overeem and Fedor lost. People should stfu about how badly one fighter will beat another etc...it usually doesn't work that way

·
Registered
160 Posts
I just think it's a horrible matchup for him. He's nearly 40 years old fighting a 23-year-old who may be the most athletic man in the UFC. And he won't be able to use his wrestling to throw off the younger, less experienced fighter. Jones has 10 inches on Vlad's reach. I think he will be able to frustrate him on the feet with his reach and quickness.

I say Bones will eventually get on top of Vlad in the 2nd round and GnP him to a TKO.

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
Underrated? A little, definitely a tough fight that Bones can't take lightly.

I don't think he will beat Bones though. Vlad is a good fighter but just like all of the other good fighters of his age he is not as athletic or skilled as the new generation of fighters like Bones.

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
I like how everyone is saying Vlad is great now that he is fighting Bones. No one talked about him before this fight and now he might beat Jones. It will be sad when Jones destroys Vlad and is... in the same exact spot he was in after his last fight... Jones was able to completely destroy everyone the UFC has put in front of him and I think this is a huge step down from Vera.

The main reason I am going to watch this fight is because it is free, Jones is on it and it will be entertaining to watch Jones toss around another guy like a rag doll.

Vlad has never impressed me and I don't think he will on the 1st.

·
NO. 1 *BONER*
7,727 Posts
Jones is one of my fav fighters and i think he will take this fight. And he will do it before the 3rd round.
But i definitely think to many people are overlooking past Vladimir. Jones himself said he respects the guy and takes thi fight very seriously. I know he does and i think it's just a sign of him maturing. Greg Jackson will have the right game plan and Jones will use it.

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
Vlad has beaten better fighters than Jones has fought. Everyone acts like this is a step down but Vlad is much more dangerous IMO than Hammill or Vera. Take decent striking and toss in better wrestling and a ground game in a durable package. This is the toughest fight of Jones career by far.

Reactions: Rusko

·
Registered
160 Posts
Vlad has beaten better fighters than Jones has fought. Everyone acts like this is a step down but Vlad is much more dangerous IMO than Hammill or Vera. Take decent striking and toss in better wrestling and a ground game in a durable package. This is the toughest fight of Jones career by far.
I disagree. I'm sorry. Vlad hasn't beat anyone noteworth for over 5 years. Even Hamill and Vera are better than anyone Vlad has fought in years. Let's not kid ourselves.

·
Registered
597 Posts
yeah everyone is sleeping on him until bones jones takes him out 1st round.

by telling ourselves this we're just trying to hype the fight up for ourselves.... truly we all know who will be the victor.... lets not play with ourselves

1 - 20 of 21 Posts