Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
canadian champ
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard this can't remeber where. That dana is trying to say that he has been trying to get chuck and wand to fight for 3 years but pride is scared. I remeber it as pride invited him over and then rampage beat the hell out of him. Is this true that dana said this or just a rumor.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I don't know about trying to get them to fight for three years but I did hear him say that he was pushing for the fight and Pride backed out. The deal was supposed to be that the UFC would send a couple of their top fighters to fight on a Pride card (unfortunately for Chuck that actually happened) and Pride was supposed to recipricate. I don;t remember seing any of Prides top fighters on any UFC PPV's so maybe Dana is'nt just blowing smoke out our asses.

·
Registered
82 Posts
i think the real issue for Wand/Chuck being so iffy is becuase of Money and Respect. Both companies want as much money possible off this fight but neither one is willing to compromise to the other.

Respect because both comapnies don't respect one another, Pride views the UFC as second rate and maybe not worthy of having their talent, and the UFC is probably thinkin their just greedy japs who don't know how to do business.

bottom line both companies are worlds apart when it comes to business culture making things difficult for both sides, and both comapanies have too much to lose and not enough to gain from this fight happening.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.