Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If Im not mistaken Vitor Belfort is now in PRIDE and has already fought in a couple of shows. We all know what happened last time when these two fought like 6 years. I know Silva just got dominated by Cro cop but I think this fight with Belfort would be awesome to see!!! I also think the outcome would be different. I think Silva would be him.... your thoughts

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
i def think vitor has a shot in this fight but he better finish it in the first round because noone is worse in the later rounds than vitor

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Wanderlei Silva would make it by a round with Vitor and Vitor is nothing past round 1, Wanderlei would also be prepared for his insanity striking. Wanderlei 2nd round KO Knee.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Vitor Belfort would defeat Wanderlei Silva again by either 1st or 2nd round KO.

·
Premium Member
5,495 Posts
I think Vitor needs more fights in Pride before he gets a shot at Silva. At this point Silva would win but after a few more fights, Vitor should be were he was in the past and then maybe he would beat Silva.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Ken Shamrock said:
Vitor Belfort would defeat Wanderlei Silva again by either 1st or 2nd round KO.
Whats your problem? You say Frank Shamrock can beat Tito Ortiz in a rematch and then this. No offence but you have to watch more of PRIDE FC and K-1 before making comments like these.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Every time Belfort fights, the first thing the announcers start talking about are those fists of fury, that he displayed against Wanderlei like 6 years ago. The thing is though, is that I havent seen them fists of fury since then........

·
Registered
583 Posts
fenderman80 said:
Every time Belfort fights, the first thing the announcers start talking about are those fists of fury, that he displayed against Wanderlei like 6 years ago. The thing is though, is that I havent seen them fists of fury since then........

He's done them since then and before then. Since then he's done it to Tito Ortiz, Anthony Rea, and Yoshiki Takahashi.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
I would like to see this fight and I think Wanderlei would take it, pending he wakes up from the coma Cro Cop put him in haha jk.

·
Registered
112 Posts
fenderman80 said:
If Im not mistaken Vitor Belfort is now in PRIDE and has already fought in a couple of shows. We all know what happened last time when these two fought like 6 years. I know Silva just got dominated by Cro cop but I think this fight with Belfort would be awesome to see!!! I also think the outcome would be different. I think Silva would be him.... your thoughts
Same results...anyone who can box or wrestle will totally kill Silva.

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Steeda3 said:
Same results...anyone who can box or wrestle will totally kill Silva.
Actually those wrestlers and boxers could easily get caught in Silva Muay Thai clinch and it would be lights out due to knees. I dont think Vitor stands a chance now. He is not a shell of his old self, but I think he could get it back. Point is he doesnt have it back yet, when he does get it is when he should fight Silva

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Come on guys you are underestimating Wanderlei Silva. Quinton Jackson is a boxer and was nearly killed in the clinch of Wanderlei twice. He also fights heavyweights and beats them and takes the good ones to the distance.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Organik said:
i seriously question your knowledge on MMA

then again.. your name is Ken Shamrock

so what else could i really expect
If Belfort has his head right...No MMA fighter stands a chance....That man is unbeatable when he's on top of his game...It's just he has no confidence...He needs to surround himself with someone like Randy Coture.....That man could help him regain what he's lost.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Belfort has gotta think about Henderson first and I dont think he is gonna beet him. I definetly still think it can go either way but I still say Henderson.

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Steeda3 said:
If Belfort has his head right...No MMA fighter stands a chance....That man is unbeatable when he's on top of his game...It's just he has no confidence...He needs to surround himself with someone like Randy Coture.....That man could help him regain what he's lost.
Belfort unbeatable? When he has his head on straight hes a great fighter, but not the best. But what has he ever done for u to say no MMA fighter stands a chance?

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
I'd be interested to see how this one goes. I honestly couldn't say who right now, the last Vitor fight I saw was against Ortiz a couple of years ago, I believe.

How has he done in his most recent fights in PRIDE? I want details people, details.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts