Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all, this is an awesome forum. n00b here saying hi to all of you

Secondly, Wanderlei is not my favorite fighters but I respect him as a great fighter regardless. But after that devastating loss, I went searching for any news of his status and couldn't find any. Do you guys know what happened to him? Looked like he may have broken parts of orbital bone by the look of medical personnel during the fight since it didn't look like his right eye was tracking the finger too well.

I do appreciate and like his mad/unorthodox fighting styles. I hope he is OK and will be fully healed.
For some reason, I have watched that fight more than 5 times and his injuries looked pretty dang serious. I am afraid he may be DONE.

Also, I know CroCop is amazing but Wanderlei just didn't look himself (had a face of semi-smile throughout the fight --> indicates lack of confidence) Simply didn't seem comfortable in there.

Any news on him??

·
Registered
63 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if he has a Grade 3 Concussion after the beating he took.

Some concussions can have serious, lasting effects. The symptoms of most concussions are resolved in 48 to 72 hours, but in many patients, problems persist. In postconcussive syndrome (PCS), concussion symptoms do not resolve for weeks, months, or even years, and the patient may have headaches, light and sound sensitivity, memory and attention problems, dizziness, difficulty with directed movements, depression, and anxiety. Symptoms usually peak 4 to 6 weeks after the concussion, but may go on longer, some even lasting a year or more.

Multiple small head injuries that daze the patient can also result in cognitive and physical deficits that occur in what is commonly known as dementia pugilistica, or "punch drunk" syndrome, which is associated with boxers.

·
Registered
82 Posts
over on sherdog their was a post about an interview he gave in Brazil or to a Brazillian media outlet that he was recovering and should he healed up in 3 weeks. I can't give u a source so i guess u can take it as a rumour.

Silva is one of the toughest dudes in MMA it won't take him a year or more, he'll heal up and be back better than ever, hopefully he'll stick to his weightclass...if anything i have more respect for him than i did b4

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yes I can expect him to be in good health sometime soon. I don't think he has permanent damage to be "done". He has had many vale tude bare knuckle bouts for this to stop him. Like Evilhomer said, he is one of the toughest in MMA. Even if some don't like his style or way of fighting.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.