Votes: 17 63.0%
  • Chuck Liddell

Votes: 10 37.0%
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
True Grappler
6,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a fight that alot of people have been talking about on this forum. With the score tied at 2 I thought I'd throw this one out there.

Wanderlei "The Axemurderer" Silva (31-5-1)
Vitals: 5'11" 199lbs (90kg)
Style: Muay Thai
Titles: PRIDE Lightheavyweight Champion
Fact: After Rampage Jackson defeated Chuck Liddell at PRIDE: Final Conflict, Wanderlei defeated Rampage in just 6:28 of the first round.
Streak: 2 wins (won 4 of his last 5 fights)

Chuck "The Iceman" Liddell (19-3-0)
Vitals: 6'2" 204lbs (93kg)
Style: Hawaiian Kenpo
Titles: UFC Lightheavyweight Champion
Fact: Chuck Liddell is the only person to KO Randy Couture, he did it twice.
Streak: 6 wins (won 8 of his last 10 fights)

·
True Grappler
6,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I voted for Wanderlei Silva, because he's a more controlled, stylized fighter with knock-out power.

I should also make one correction. I said that Chuck Liddell was the first and only person to (T)KO Randy Couture, because that's how the UFC pushes it. That's not really true.

At UFC 36 Josh Barnett defeated Randy Couture to become the UFC Heavyweight champion, he won by TKO at 4:36 of the 2nd round. The UFC doesn't count that fight becase Barnett's title was later stripped due to a positive steroid test.

·
Premium Member
1,749 Posts
i agree again

i think chuck is over rated....if he beats Wanderlei then ill give him his props and will be his biggest fan ...lol

·
True Grappler
6,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've trained with Chuck and I don't think it's that he's over-rated. I think it's huge that he can KO pretty much anybody with one punch.

I do think that Wandy is under-rated in the states and he needs to start getting his props.

·
LHW Champ
781 Posts
Dont care witch of these fighters win as they are both great in my book, ill go ahead and give chuck the edge coz of his exellent distance punching, wandelei likes to clinch and thats just about impossible to do with Chuck.

If its in a cage as planned ill give it to Chuck. If its in a ring ill give it to Wandy.

I wont vote coz of the last line i wrote

·
canadian champ
1,522 Posts
I think wandy will rock chuck then because wandy is a psycho will stop chuck on the ground and get dq. he will do the patented flying wanderlie stomp.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Chuck Liddell would win this fight in my opinion. If Liddell just comes at Wanderlei like Vitor Belfort did, then its over. Wanderlei didn't know what hit him when Vitor Belfort beat him.

·
Premium Member
1,749 Posts
did any of you see Wanderlei challenge Chuck

chuck accepted so will there be a fight..or are they gonna act like it didnt happen ??

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
oh man, id bet the house on Wand forsur ! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Wanderlei pushes such a relentless pace it is insane , he just keeps coming at you... i seee chuck gasssing and gettting KO'd brutally in this one, if you ppl thought the beating Rampage handed to Chuck was bad you just wait tilll Wandy gets though with him

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
chuck will use his reach, and counter punching skills to his advantage..eventually he will catch wandy, and chuck will finish him off...2nd round tko (strikes)

·
True Grappler
6,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
liveson777 said:
chuck accepted so will there be a fight..or are they gonna act like it didnt happen ??
There are a "long list of reasons" (Dana White) why Chuck and Wandy will not be fighting, but basically Dana has no balls.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Silva has my upper hand.

I would like to see this fight in the ring instead of the corny ''Octagon'':thumbsdown: .

If Chuck pins Wandy on the cage, he might have a shot but other then that Silva is to good to fall for any of Icemans stand up tricks.

All I can say is Chuck can't talk his way out of this one like he did with Tito. If Wandy wants to go on the ground, then thats where he will go.

·
Registered
168 Posts
first off chuck wont charge wandy chuck doesnt charge anyone until he "rocks" them he is a defensive fighter and counters so him charging would never happen and you cant say it wont go to the clinch wandy pushes the fight faster than anyone and chuck has never seen that before if randy was able to get in the clinch with chuck then im sure wandy would be able to and ring or octagon it wouldnt really matter in this fight so i dont know why people say it does... the only advantage of the cage goes to Ground and Pound fighters cause it allows them to set there opponents against the cage keep them elevevated so its easier to hit there face and i dont see this fight going to that... and again chuck getting wandy against the cage wouldnt happen unless wandy gets rocked if anyone is going to be against the cage its going to be chuck cause wandy pushed the pace so fast chuck wasnt able to circle fast enough

·
Premium Member
1,749 Posts
i dont see how

Dana White cant just ignore the challenge i cant wait to see what happens

·
True Grappler
6,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
liveson777 said:
Dana White cant just ignore the challenge i cant wait to see what happens
Dana acknowledged the challenge, he just wimped out at PRIDE's terms. He doesn't want to stake that much on a fight that might not go his way.

·
Premium Member
1,749 Posts
well maybe ur right

i can see that...good point....but i think chuck is his flagship ......Lets all call Dana and make it happen:cheeky4:

·
Premium Member
1,749 Posts
wow

who ever said that chuck would win against cro cop is freakn crazy

·
True Grappler
6,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The score is now PRIDE: 4, UFC: 2.

Feel free to keep posting and voting.

·