Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
WTF Chuck, Fight Me!
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we know his next fight is a title shot for most likely Arona. Lets pretend he wins : whos next ?

Now, there is the eternal rumor of Liddell/Silva fight, and since Silva will be fighting in the US, it could be happening. But who else is there to fight him? We know Shogun is never fighting him(besides, he apparently wants to fight at HW now..), so the only one left is rogerio nogueira. So, apart from BTT members, is there any fighters left for Silva in Pride?

·
Registered
279 Posts
His loss in the OWGP is what stopped the fight with Liddell. I don't think he needs to compete against heavy weights any more. 205 is where he needs to be. He's fought any and every body there is to fight in Pride so Liddell, and Ortiz (to avenge his loss to him) are the only two I'm interested in....for now anyways.

·
Registered
4,806 Posts
ShootBoxer said:
His loss in the OWGP is what stopped the fight with Liddell. I don't think he needs to compete against heavy weights any more. 205 is where he needs to be. He's fought any and every body there is to fight in Pride so Liddell, and Ortiz (to avenge his loss to him) are the only two I'm interested in....for now anyways.
Exactly he's fought everyone in pride. He needs some wins from those he lost too.

·
WTF Chuck, Fight Me!
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So basically, Silva should move to the UFC? hum... i know every1 would say no, but it looks like its the way to go...

·
Premium Member
5,495 Posts
He loves the Pride organization too much to go back to the UFC. I think he is more likely to retire before Dana White allows Tito or Liddell to fight Silva. I would love to see Wandy fight both before he retires but don't see that happening.

·
Registered
114 Posts
why does everyone think wandy is going to retire? cause of the hints he dropped in some of his recent interviews or cause of his loss to mirko? if it's the later, then really, he lost to the second best hw in the world...

i mean wandy is only what, 30 years old now? isn't it far more likey that chuck will retire before wandy.....?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Silva jumping ship to UFC = Never gonna happen

pride has been too good to him and he has too much of a good thing going on in terms of career, financial and personal support from Pride. He would not piss that all away to be underpayed in a second rate promotion.

UFC will run out of ppl to put in front of Chuck b4 Pride runs out of ppl to put in front of Silva hence they will fight.

Silva should fight Lil Nog next,
then Arona for the belt
Dan Henderson Again
Overeem and Vitor to just take a beating

Chuck fights Tito
then theres nobody left....

Bisping/Rashad/Forrest in another year or at least after 2/3 more fights for each

·
Registered
598 Posts
j.farrell said:
i think wand should just go to ufc for like three fights. chuck, tito, and whoever comes out on top from the tuf guys, rashad, or forrest, or bisping.
lol you know Wanderlei would whope all of ufc, just look at someone who is the semi same level as Wanny (anderson) and he mopped the floor with Rish ACE Franklin...

but its not my decision to make, but If Wanderlei fought Tito he'd have him running around the octogone just like way back when (yes he lost but its because tito sat on him)

and to face chuck, lol Chuck could barley beat Guy Metz, how is he going to win against Silva

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
If Tito doesn't beat Chuck I would look for Tito to try and get a fight with Wandy in PRIDE. Wandy would probably salivate at getting the chance for redemption and Tito would salivate at the potential paycheck.

·
WTF Chuck, Fight Me!
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I dont think Silva cares about Tito... it was years ago, and Tito is not a champion.

A lot of ppl said Silva loves pride too much etc, and that he would never leave pride.. I kind of agree, but in the event he does stay, wouldnt that mean either :

Silva stops fighting or starts fighting cans?(unless, like i said, new faces arrives in pride in 205 division)
or
Chuck comes to pride(and that would be a huge loss to the ufc)

so is there a chance that either of those will happen?

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Organik said:
i dunno... but either way... i feel sorry for them..

wanderlei is gonna be a beast like cannibal in his next fight... i wonder whos head its gonna be that his heal goes thru.. should be intresting
True that..

·
WTF Chuck, Fight Me!
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
no, they havent. Probably one of the most anticipated fights in mma history.

Reactions: cabby

·
Registered
354 Posts
daman5 said:
lol you know Wanderlei would whope all of ufc, just look at someone who is the semi same level as Wanny (anderson) and he mopped the floor with Rish ACE Franklin...

but its not my decision to make, but If Wanderlei fought Tito he'd have him running around the octogone just like way back when (yes he lost but its because tito sat on him)

and to face chuck, lol Chuck could barley beat Guy Metz, how is he going to win against Silva
I like Wanderlei alot, but he would get taken down and GnP'd(see Cro Cop and old Tito fight for 2 examples) and get either TKO'd or lose another decision. I'm not trying to diss Silva, but this is what would happen if Tito were to fight Wand again.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hold on here. Chuck is a different fighter than when he fought Mezger. Wandy and Chuck are CLOSE in skills. You can't diss on Chuck, man. Chuck is damn good. I REALLY want to see Chuck vs. Wandy but something tells me it won't happen since Dana is kind of a *****. But don't diss on Chuck, the thing about Chuck is that he has the ability to knock out any and everybody in the LHW division with just a couple punches. And I'm not saying he will beat Wandy. I, really, don't know who wil win that fight.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts