Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
LHW Champ
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In a recent interview with Tatame Magazine, Pride FC legend Wanderlei Silva hinted at future plans for his retirement.

Although no specific date was mentioned, several recent key losses might be weighing heavy on his mind.

Silva is expected to fight at Pride Shockwave 2006 and next February’s Pride USA event, but after that is still in question. Wanderlei spoke of the possibility of opening a gym in L.A. so he could pass his vast wealth of knowledge and experience over to a new generation of fighters.

"I have some plans of in the next four or five months open a Training Center in Los Angeles and then stay there. I don't want to do my own academy, but a big training center where I will be able to pass on my experience to my pupils."

Wanderlei Talks Retirement - MMAUniverse.com

·
Outta My Head
1,220 Posts
jaymackz said:
Sweet. if this really does happen, I can't wait to move to L.A and training with Wandy...it's my dream :D.
Just make sure you go the green to do so... Not to kill your dreams, but cost of living here in So. Cal has a tendency to do that to a lot of people.

Myself included... :(

Reactions: Ken Shamrock

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
pt447 said:
if anyone really believes that his fighting or not fighting chuck has any bearing on his status as an MMA icon... well, it doesn't! get over it... we might never see lots of bouts we wish we can, that doesn't change anything about wandy or any fighter!
wanderlei is 1 of my fav fighters fight chuck or not fight chuck win agianst chuck or not win against chuck its just i would REALLY REALLY wanna see that happen

·
Free Thinker
5,673 Posts
aznmaniac0909 said:
wanderlei is 1 of my fav fighters fight chuck or not fight chuck win agianst chuck or not win against chuck its just i would REALLY REALLY wanna see that happen
of course, who wouldn't? but the fact is, if he retires without fighting chuck they'll be jerks who say what i tried to stave off! you know there will be...

·
Registered
583 Posts
I really hope he doesn't retire too soon. Wanderlei Silva's career has been amazing and one of the best. I'd like to see him fight Chuck Liddell and Tito Ortiz so he can avenge the loss to Tito.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Ken Shamrock said:
I really hope he doesn't retire too soon. Wanderlei Silva's career has been amazing and one of the best. I'd like to see him fight Chuck Liddell and Tito Ortiz so he can avenge the loss to Tito.
if he is going to retire, he mine as well finish his career in the ufc. let shogun take over pride, and wand can come to the ufc and crush everyone. why not have one last amazing run on the way out. that way he has three belts to hang up on the wall in the new LA chute boxe acadamy.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
j.farrell said:
if he is going to retire, he mine as well finish his career in the ufc. let shogun take over pride, and wand can come to the ufc and crush everyone. why not have one last amazing run on the way out. that way he has three belts to hang up on the wall in the new LA chute boxe acadamy.
I think youre onto something there. He is gonna retire because he has a 24 year old protege (who has surpassed his mentor IMO), and has a chance of continuing the Chutebox legacy. The thing about UFC..I doubt it, but he might try to avenge the Tito loss b4 he retires and fight Chuck as well. They should fight in Japan though so ther eis not home cage advantage.

·
Free Thinker
5,673 Posts
herton17 said:
I think youre onto something there. He is gonna retire because he has a 24 year old protege (who has surpassed his mentor IMO), and has a chance of continuing the Chutebox legacy. The thing about UFC..I doubt it, but he might try to avenge the Tito loss b4 he retires and fight Chuck as well. They should fight in Japan though so ther eis not home cage advantage.
well you can't have it both ways. you can't have wandy finish his career in the UFC, yet fight in japan. i mean we all know chuck is never going to fight in PRIDE, so the only way they will meet, is in the octagon! plus, it's all up to Dana whether or not Wandy fights in the UFC... it has nothing to do with Wandy, or Chuck! if Dana wants him, it'll build from there.

·
Registered
332 Posts
herton17 said:
They should fight in Japan so Wanderlei will be allowed to stomp Tito in his face. That would be a great highlight wouldnt it? Silva avenging his loss to Tito via referee stoppage due to Tito's inability to "intelligently" defend himself due to repeated foot stomps. I love it!!!!:) Make it happen!!!!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.