Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
"There is no moving up right now. That is not in our plans BJ wanted to have another fight in 155 after Edgar before trying welterweight again. I just spoke to him and he has no plans to move up again. We want to fight Frankie again as soon as possible. If he had won this fight he wanted to fight every month and a half. Had he defended the title, he wanted to fight again within the next month and a half and that was our plan, that’s how training camp was going. We just have to wait for Dana’s word."

http://sherdognet.craveonline.com/i...-fight-says-penn-was-battling-sinus-infection

112 was just a ditch in the road, and hopefully he gets his respect and recognition back to where it once was in the lightweight division.

Edit:Forget
WAR BJ PENN

·
Got Fight?
511 Posts
I'd LOVE to see a rematch against Frankie, but Im not sure if Dana will give it to him with the likes of Maynard and KenFlo hovering at the top (unless they fight each other?).

Either way, WAR PENN! I expect him to come back much stronger...just needs to find a way to deal with Edgar's speed.

·
Registered
342 Posts
He'll be back to a title shot soon enough, but I dont buy that he really intended to fight 9 times per year. lol
Although I do believe BJ does want to fight a lot more than he has lately.

He isnt as invincible as he thinks he is, but I definitely believe he would take the rematch if he can gameplan better.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.