Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,903 Posts
When Randy Couture beat Tito Ortiz, that was definitely an awesome moment in the UFC, Tito Ortiz is finally stopped and champion .vs. champion just terrific, best UFC match ever.

Another moment I liked that had some controversy was when Carlos Newton had Matt Hughes in a triangle then Hughes picked him up and slammed him, both were out, UFC 34, just weird that Hughes won I thought it should have been a draw, thankfully they had that awesome rematch.

This proves how good UFC was from 30-49.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
388 Posts
MMA freak said:
Another moment I liked that had some controversy was when Carlos Newton had Matt Hughes in a triangle then Hughes picked him up and slammed him, both were out, UFC 34, just weird that Hughes won I thought it should have been a draw, thankfully they had that awesome rematch.
I loved how it took Matt about 15 seconds for it to register that he had won. He just sat there slowly regaining conciousness :laugh:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
540 Posts
Nabors12 said:
I loved how it took Matt about 15 seconds for it to register that he had won. He just sat there slowly regaining conciousness :laugh:
When you have to be woken up to be told you won than you lost it should have been a win for newton or a draw but regaurdless an awesome moment.

- when The Crow TKO'ed Mc'Carthy with a spinning back kick and followed it up with a knee.
-when Irvin James KO'ed Marvin Freeman with a flying knee.
-When Royce Gracie submitted Dan Severn
-My most resent one is when Babalu was KO'ed by liddell and attack Big John out of confusion:laugh:
Its to hard to pick just one
 

·
Baddest Man Alive
Joined
·
671 Posts
When Rich Franklin beat Ken Shamrock. I was shocked. I at the time was just getting extremely into MMA and knew a lot of Shamrock, but nothing of Rich. Also can anyone tell me what all weight classes Shammy has fought in? I know hes been a heavyweight and lightweight. Was Ken a middleweight in this fight or was Rich a Light? I hope Ken retires soon, but I'll always be a fan of his highlights.
 

·
The American Psycho
Joined
·
6,946 Posts
Frank Mir breaking Tim Sylvia's arm! That was Karma biting Sylvia in the a$$ for taking steroids!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
723 Posts
MMA freak said:
When Randy Couture beat Tito Ortiz, that was definitely an awesome moment in the UFC, Tito Ortiz is finally stopped and champion .vs. champion just terrific, best UFC match ever.

Yeah, that was great, especially when Tito brook down and cried like a little girl after the fight.

Also, when Chuck knocked out Tito is another honorable mention.

When Randy Coutore beat Liddel the first time was great. That was a great come back and it shut up everyone who said that Randy couldn't do it.

Also when Randy beat Vitor Belfort the first time and everyone was chanting USA was great.


Pogo
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
457 Posts
I can't remember the fighter's name, but he put his opponent in a full crucifix and then cranked off about eight piston-like elbows to the poor sob's head until he was beyond unconscious. That was one of the earliest PPV's I saw and I thought it was the perfect combination of cool/nasty.

My recent favourite moments are when Ken Shamrock tries to speak. Guy makes Larry Holmes sound like Keith Olbermann.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,615 Posts
Heh, that was a great moment. He wasn't acting like it either, he was literally spanking his ass.

A great moment in UFC history was when Couture stopped Vitor Belfort in the third round of their third fight, winning his title back after losing it to an eye poke.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,903 Posts
speedythief said:
I can't remember the fighter's name, but he put his opponent in a full crucifix and then cranked off about eight piston-like elbows to the poor sob's head until he was beyond unconscious. That was one of the earliest PPV's I saw and I thought it was the perfect combination of cool/nasty.
Yeah that was definitely gruesome, Gary Goodridge on Paul Herrera I think it was UFC 8 or 9. Goodridge was a beast back then.

And like Pogo The Clown said, Randy Couture defeating Chuck Liddell is an awesome UFC moment, Chuck Liddell taking down the first time and beaten to a pulp, thats one of the best UFC main events ever. I knew Couture was going to beat Ortiz after watching that onslaught on Liddell.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
540 Posts
MMA freak said:
You mean Terry Martin, and no one saw that fight since it was a prelim so there are about 50 better UFC moments than that.
God I said Marvin Freeman!That wasnt even remotley close im so stupid sometimes. It wont happen again.:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,903 Posts
MMA1990 said:
God I said Marvin Freeman!That wasnt even remotley close im so stupid sometimes. It wont happen again.:D
No, no its cool I correct a lot on this forum and I have to admit you take it better than anyone I've seen so far to be honest.

Anyone remember Carlos Newton being the underdog and defeating Miletich fast? Another great moment, UFC 36 had some great moments too such as Hughes beating Sakurai, Barnett dubbed the new champion.

Or when at UFC 45 the bench brawl between Cabbage and Tank, I've disliked Cabbage ever since.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,422 Posts
Loved the Franklin knock out on Quarry.
Also watching Frank Mir walk his fat ass back into the ring for the first time since car accident and getting dominated because he obviously was not in good shape and I was wondering if he even trained at all.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
268 Posts
Ortiz's slam on Tanner.

Kens guillotine on Severn.

Royce's face after his superfight with Ken.

Tito's intro to UFC 40. No one can deny the awesomeness of that intro.

When Ken punched Tito in UFC 40, and buckled his knees. Remember, this is during the beating Ken was getting.

Randy spanking Tito was good.

I liked Royce pulling on Kimo's hair.

And I like anytime Tank ABbot got the shit kicked outa of him. That guy is just a the biggest ******** I have ever seen.
 

·
The American Psycho
Joined
·
6,946 Posts
Kameleon said:

I'm quoting Bonnar in my sig for his comment which is so dam true.
Alright! One step closer to Immortality! hehe, just kidding! Yeah that comment is true! I was happy he lost that match!
 
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top