1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are just suggestions:
1) Get rid of Dana White
2) Get rid of Joe Rogan PLEASE!!!!
I know Rogan studies, but how can someone who has been involved in MMA for so long know so little about it. Bring in someone like Bas Rutten who has knowledge. Even Eddie Bravo is way better and a decent fighter.
3) Make Big John lose weight.
4) Ban Chuck Zitto from attending events.
5) Stop farming crappy talent from reality tv shows.

I didn't mention anything about the rules or ring because that is what kind of makes the UFC.

Another possible suggestion, not limited to the UFC. How about a World Cup of MMA. It could be done maybe every 2-4 years. Not sure how they could handle it.

1) Pride would submit their fighters from weight classes to compete against fighters in UFC, KOTC, etc.
2) Group fighters by countries like past events in Pride and UFC.

Medals could be handed out to the winners.

I know theres the IFL now, which is a good concept, but the point system has to be fixed.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Suggestions

#1. Agree
#2. Agree
#3. Get rid of him too. How many unwarranted stoppages by this man?
#4. Chuck Zitto not important enough to remember who he is.
#5. I like TUF, just start farming better talent from the get go with better coaches (like Ortiz). How many more times will they allow standup only fighters on that show? Hell, let me on against anyone of the stand up guys.

The rules stillsuck (time at least).

A world cup TOURNAMENT! They have better "athletes?" Prove it. 4 fights in one night again, no time limits. How many Shamrocks (can't finish a tournament) are really out there in todays UFC?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
USMCgrappler said:
#1. Agree
#2. Agree
#3. Get rid of him too. How many unwarranted stoppages by this man?
#4. Chuck Zitto not important enough to remember who he is.
#5. I like TUF, just start farming better talent from the get go with better coaches (like Ortiz). How many more times will they allow standup only fighters on that show? Hell, let me on against anyone of the stand up guys.

The rules stillsuck (time at least).

A world cup TOURNAMENT! They have better "athletes?" Prove it. 4 fights in one night again, no time limits. How many Shamrocks (can't finish a tournament) are really out there in todays UFC?
I just hate watching Chuck enter the event and walk to his seat. Ok great he's a hell's angel and beat up Van Damn. How long is his rep going to live on that. Last UFC I went to I got a section to chant "You Suck Chuck". I believe it was UFC 50.

If you fight anyone on the show, could it be Ed? I hate that red headed douchebag.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Ed Gone?

Many times, when any commercial plays someone up as an almost shoe-in, they lose. With them playing up Ed's vendetta against Tito so highly on the commercials, I think it is very likely that Ed leaves.

He is supposed to be a really good grappler. We will see. I havn't seen many of those on that show.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think they gave away who the winners are, but I could be reading in to things that aren't there. Two of the fighters, one from each class, were at the last event. I'm hoping it's not true and Ed wasn't one of them.

·
canadian champ
1,522 Posts
I don't mind rogan. Do you remeber the fight professor from pride. He was a putz. I think one really good thing for ufc would be if they did more inter venue fights. LIke when pride invited chuck to their tourney. That was cool. ANother thing i think would help. Sign talent when it is available. Like FRank or Rampage. Like they can't afford it. Ang give Herb dean more fights to ref he is great.

·
Premium Member
4,703 Posts
HOW can u get rid of dana and rogan they are deff a big part of the ufc. BUt i do agree with u banning chuck zito..

·
Registered
63 Posts
I agree get rid of rogan and get a famous fighter.

the ufc seems to mainly be hand/elbow strikes and grapling so I'd like to see fighters use more kicks.

I'd like to see pressure point moves during grapling such as under the jaw and arms, behind the ear, eagle claw on the ribs, ect. is this not allowed on the ufc?

·
Registered
22 Posts
How about this...in round one you can't go to the ground. Round one will be, by design, totally striking and upper body grappling. As soon as any part of the body above the knee hits the mat the fighters will be separated and started again. You survive round one, you can then use all the other tricks up your sleeve.

Two things will happen...one, there will be more of an emphasis on striking in training and subsequently in the matches for obvious reasons and second, I believe the sport will attract all those "brawlers" that made the early days of the UFC more entertaining and more unpredictable. Caution gets thrown to the wind in round one if you don't have your ground skills down you are in trouble starting in round two.

I appreciate submissions but there's nothing like standup brawling. Just one person's opinion. :cool:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
DAT said:
How about this...in round one you can't go to the ground. Round one will be, by design, totally striking and upper body grappling. As soon as any part of the body above the knee hits the mat the fighters will be separated and started again. You survive round one, you can then use all the other tricks up your sleeve.

Two things will happen...one, there will be more of an emphasis on striking in training and subsequently in the matches for obvious reasons and second, I believe the sport will attract all those "brawlers" that made the early days of the UFC more entertaining and more unpredictable. Caution gets thrown to the wind in round one if you don't have your ground skills down you are in trouble starting in round two.

I appreciate submissions but there's nothing like standup brawling. Just one person's opinion. :cool:
Maybe you should check out K-1 then.

One more thing to add. Make round one 10 minutes and round two 5. That gives technical fighters a chance, but UFC only wants striking.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've seen K-1 and I'm not a fan because, as I wrote, I appreciate submissions. However, the fighters coming out of all these teams, camps, etc. all fight the same, or at least train to do so. It's getting a little too boring. I would also like to see more international fighters other than Brazilians who are very much like Americans in training/fighting philosophies. Where are the Japanese in UFC? They have some wild guys in Pride and I believe it's because they come from different training regimes. Here in the states you have about four or five schools or camps and their off shoots or satellite schools. It's like inter team scrimmages, controlled and predictable.
The bottom line is the UFC is too controlling and business oriented. They are stiffling creativity and international competition by giving only the fighters that come from their feeder camps a chance to make it big. This way an outside promoter cannot have options on fighters ala boxing. UFC then becomes the sole promoter, PPV provider, etc.
Open it up and let's see in what direction the competition and the competitors take. In the short term the UFC business plan is a good one that will promote controlled growth but in the long term I think they will control themselves into a predictable boring sport. I'm starting to see the evidence already.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
you know I see that happening as well... espically with so many fighters out there now and people wanting to break in they could run it a bit more like boxing but at the same time the current system will not allow for the corruption that is rampant in many parts of the boxing world

·
Registered
799 Posts
I was thinking we can make the fence shock you if you touch it or place a punji trap inside the octagon. Whatdya think?

g_godd said:
you could make ufc better by making the ring girls go topless
:thumb02: :thumb02: :thumb02:

·
Premium Member
1,170 Posts
Xphilter said:
These are just suggestions:
1) Get rid of Dana White
2) Get rid of Joe Rogan PLEASE!!!!
I know Rogan studies, but how can someone who has been involved in MMA for so long know so little about it. Bring in someone like Bas Rutten who has knowledge. Even Eddie Bravo is way better and a decent fighter.
3) Make Big John lose weight.
4) Ban Chuck Zitto from attending events.
5) Stop farming crappy talent from reality tv shows.

I didn't mention anything about the rules or ring because that is what kind of makes the UFC.

Another possible suggestion, not limited to the UFC. How about a World Cup of MMA. It could be done maybe every 2-4 years. Not sure how they could handle it.

1) Pride would submit their fighters from weight classes to compete against fighters in UFC, KOTC, etc.
2) Group fighters by countries like past events in Pride and UFC.

Medals could be handed out to the winners.

I know theres the IFL now, which is a good concept, but the point system has to be fixed.
Maybe you should be watching something else besides UFC. Dana White made UFC what it is today, he's a good businessman. Joe Rogan is an awesome announcer that tells you how it is and explains stuff for people who may not understand exactly what is going on while grappling and gives good background info on fighters. Joe Rogan is no slouch when it comes to fighting either. He's one of the best(at announcing). Why would Big John need to lose weight, he's a big guy, not fat and he's a ref so who cares what shape he's in. Reality shows helped bring MMA to the mainstream and had some great talent: Forrest, Rashad, Diego, Kos, Joe Daddy, Kendall and plenty more. It is a good way to see if they have any talent. UFC does bring in talent from other org and not just reality. You should really start watching something else if you like nothing about it.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts