Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why does the UFC have to insult our intelligence by saying Carwin is 6'5. Can we get a height measure at the weigh in's please.

Is this to make the Brock fight look more even or what? I just don't get it.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ohhhh i missed that part of the pre fight show. Wow carwin really is a beast.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Why does the UFC have to insult our intelligence by saying Carwin is 6'5. Can we get a height measure at the weigh in's please.

It's tought to tell how tall fighters are from photos but Carwin appears to be around 6'1" or 6'2" (judging by videos of him standing next to other fighters of a known height).

I've met Couture and he didn't seem to be the 6'2" they list him at. I think Mir is around 6'3".

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's tought to tell how tall fighters are from photos but Carwin appears to be around 6'1" or 6'2" (judging by videos of him standing next to other fighters of a known height).

I've met Couture and he didn't seem to be the 6'2" they list him at. I think Mir is around 6'3".
Some times it is tough to tell. In this case it really isnt though. During the stare down Mir looked a good 2 inches taller then Carwin and Mir is listed at 6'3. Carwin wasnt even as tall as Mir at the weigh ins and he had his shoes on.

It is tough to tell some times, but carwin is not 6'5.

·
You're Welcome.
7,723 Posts
That much is obvious... Jones is 6 foot 4, and you can tell he'd tower over Shane.

I don't mind UFC trying to sell its fighters, but people KNOW what 6 foot 4 and 6 foot 5ers look like. Shane isn't it.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Something about Shane Carwin makes the UFC higher ups think its ok to exaggerate his record (11 KOs my ass) and his height. Have they done stuff like this about other fighters?

·
I Finish Threads
9,061 Posts

it's just about hyping their fighters. the UFC likes their heavyweights to be big, or at least perceived to be big.

And I doubt we'll see any actual and factual height checks at weigh in unless the commission starts demanding it. Hell I think Dana would fudge weights too if he could.

·
Registered
864 Posts
The UFC ought to be ashamed, and embarassed for that one. For a company that wants to be considered a "sport" they pull a lot of wwe theatrical BS.

It's pretty sad when the guy 2 inches taller in the tale of he tape is 2 inches shorter in the staredown a few seconds later. And I houht this was as real as it gets. I'm getting tired of Dana and his capitalist crap, he's a mega-douche.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Carwin is a beast. I heard he cuts down from 350 pounds and now after knocking Mir out he has total of 15 first round KOs in 12 fights!

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Yeah like 11 Ko's and 2 inches will win your next fight

it's hype, they are hell lot of things that happen in ufc we dont know;

·
All Around Nice Guy
10,760 Posts
You guys wanna seee lies about hights??

http://www.mma-core.com/videos/_And...Leben_UFC_Ultimate_Fight?vid=10000865&tid=100

Fast Forward to 4:25 and then look at the heights. Chris Leben and Anderson Silva are both 5.11

Then watch the stare down and notice that Anderson Silva has a GOOD 3 inches on Leben easy.

Reason the lied.

Chris Leben was supposed to win this fight. (He was an actual contender once upon a time)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts