Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
"Focus"
10,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I was watching UFC Unleashed tonight, they showed GSP v BJ I. In the middle of the first round, the commentary cut over to a clearly recorded Goldberg talking about the main event and a rematch with Matt Hughes for about twenty seconds. Then it went back to the commentary of the actual fight. It did it a couple times during the fight. I watched a few Unleashed that I have Tivo'd and I noticed it's done in other fights as well. Does anyone know why they do that?

·
"Focus"
10,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Was it goldie advertising a future match up?? Well thats your answer.

If not then im not sure.
No he just started talking like Unleashed is a live event, saying "GSP v BJ Penn, for a shot at the WW title, the main event here on UFC Unleashed, it was weird."

Reactions: UFCFAN89

·
All Around Nice Guy
10,760 Posts
No he just started talking like Unleashed is a live event, saying "GSP v BJ Penn, for a shot at the WW title, the main event here on UFC Unleashed, it was weird."
Well i assume they recorded that when GSP VS BJ Penn was a future match up and added it on a UFC unleashed to advertise that matchup. Also maybe it was just a advertisement for what Main Event they are showing for that UFC Unleashed.

Im having a hard time understanding what exactly it is that he said and during what matchup so i cant exactly tell you what it was all about but i can 100% guarantee you that they just recorded that over to advertise some match up at some point in time.

·
Registered
411 Posts
How many times during fights does Goldberg start talking about some upcoming program on Spike or advertising UFC Poker Room or something?

Quite often, but for these UFC Unleashed programs they take those mini-advertisements out and have Goldberg speak over it saying, "You are watching so and so vs. so and so for the title at UFC 68" or whatever.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
I've noticed this on most of the "Unleashed" shows; basically they splice in a few comments from Goldberg that make it sound like a live event. I'm not sure if they do it to fool casual fans or to try and make it more interesting or what.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Its basically them editing out any of the outdated advertisements or ramblings. if for instance during the fight Goldie says "a week from now Rampage will challenge for the LHW belt" or "this is brought to you by terminator 2 in theaters now!".

they take that crap out and insert some newer and more useful info for the fans.

·
Got Fight?
511 Posts
Yeah for the Unleashed shows they call the last fight on the show their "main event". Seems like they just have Goldie talk over the Tale of the Tape but after that it should be the same commentary as the live version. However, there's points during the fight where Goldie's voice gets much louder and you can easily tell they added or covered up something when that happens.

·
"I
6,923 Posts
Well i assume they recorded that when GSP VS BJ Penn was a future match up and added it on a UFC unleashed to advertise that matchup. Also maybe it was just a advertisement for what Main Event they are showing for that UFC Unleashed.

Im having a hard time understanding what exactly it is that he said and during what matchup so i cant exactly tell you what it was all about but i can 100% guarantee you that they just recorded that over to advertise some match up at some point in time.
No what he's saying is they were talking like UFC Unleashed (which is a mash up of fights from different events) was an actual card. Say Marcus Davis and Dan Hardy was being shown and Goldie comes on and says "We have GSP/BJ on the card later tonight."

My assumptions for why they do this is because UFC unleashed is free and they only put exciting fights on, if the viewer has never seen the PPV the fight was on they may think that THIS was an actual PPV card (nothing but excitement) and entice them to buy a PPV more.

·
Registered
118 Posts
whats your consensus on Goldberg?

He drives me up the ewall with his cliches

The beautiful Arianny.....
The tale of the tape BROUGHT to you by Budlite....
It is AAAAALLLLLLLLLL Over

I think he drives Rogan up the wall at times too

·
"I
6,923 Posts
whats your consensus on Goldberg?

He drives me up the ewall with his cliches

The beautiful Arianny.....
The tale of the tape BROUGHT to you by Budlite....
It is AAAAALLLLLLLLLL Over

I think he drives Rogan up the wall at times too
Eh, coming from a job where I had to do a lot of public speaking on a microphone (DJ), they sort of make you talk like a douche. I've talked to Mike a couple times on twitter and he seems like a solid dude.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts