Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
True Grappler
6,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the moment, the top contenders for Hughes title are Geores St Pierre and BJ Penn, who do you think has the first shot and can they get through Hughes strength, which looks like it's getting even more ridiculous.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Well...neither one has fought since they fought each other back in March. And both have very close records Penn around 10-3-1 and George 12-1-0.

I would say that BJ's victory over Matt, was fast but also early in his career. He matched George with a awsome counter armbar from an attmpt. kimura. So its easy to see Hughes' BJJ skills have gotten better since his BJ loss two years ago.

So I say it will good for either fighter to go against Matt....I see it going to Matt either way. He will treat BJ the same way he did George. But will be a great fight!!

·
LHW Champ
781 Posts
True Matt loss the fight to BJ the first time but come on. BJ was a lightweight, stepped up and fought Hughes. If you were the most dominant fighter in the welterweight division ever and a guy who couldnt win the belt in lightweight stepped up and challenge you its hard to take it seriousy, Matt didnt train at all for their first meeting and he probably feel pretty stupid about that coz he paid for it, dont think he will make that mistake again.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Eventually one of them will beat him since they will probably fighj eachother 10 or more times before they retire.

·
LHW Champ
781 Posts
yeah thats true, i meen Hughes is gonna turn 60 in a couple of years and BJ and George are just gonna come after him then

·
True Grappler
6,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think pretty soon I'm gonna have to move this to the BJ Penn fighter profile.:laugh:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Matt has def got it for as long as he wants. He is to good and noone can touch him now, and wont be able to or a few years at least. LONG LIVE THE KING!:thumbsup: ;)

·
Registered
39 Posts
LittleIronMan said:
Matt is crazy stoughit unbeilivible :D ! now if only he could get realy good at stand up that would rock:cheeky4:
matt hughes is already a great fighter, but if he could good at his stand up, he would be unbeatable.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Python said:
Matt has def got it for as long as he wants. He is to good and noone can touch him now, and wont be able to or a few years at least. LONG LIVE THE KING!:thumbsup: ;)
You got that right man!! People who keep saying Matt will lose to this guy or that guy better get used to saying that for a few more years because until Matt retires,get's bored or becomes a missing person he will remain champ!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts