Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Psychedelic
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nate Diaz never looked better, he tooled the much heavier opponent with some improved boxing.

He looked much like his older brother this time with all those unorthodox "slap" punches. The guy is only 24, will continue to grow and gain muscles.

What do you think? Can he reach conternder status in the WW division in the near future?

Who is next for him?

Personally I think we might just see Diaz vs GSP in two years!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Nate Diaz never looked better, he tooled the much heavier opponent with some improved boxing.

He looked much like his older brother this time with all those unorthodox "slap" punches. The guy is only 24, will continue to grow and gain muscles.

What do you think? Can he reach conternder status in the WW division in the near future?

Who is next for him?

Personally I think we might just see Diaz vs GSP in two years!
I would love to see him fight McLovin.

·
"I
6,923 Posts
No way in hell Diaz gets contendership. A level fighters at WW are almost all wrestlers that would put him on his ass and control him the entire fight (Kos, Fitch) or dudes with WAY better striking than him (Avles, Daley, Hardy and possibly Swick). I don't think Nate makes it to "B" level in the UFC, let alone getting a shot.

·
Psychedelic
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No way in hell Diaz gets contendership. A level fighters at WW are almost all wrestlers that would put him on his ass and control him the entire fight (Kos, Fitch) or dudes with WAY better striking than him (Avles, Daley, Hardy and possibly Swick). I don't think Nate makes it to "B" level in the UFC, let alone getting a shot.
Wow thats a little harsh, don't you think? :confused02:

You have to consider that he is really young. With some added muscle and improving skills I can definately see him making an impact in WW.

I thought he generally looked quite bad at LW and maybie I'm reading too much from this recent win, but he just looked like a completely different fighter and if the improvement curve keeps pointing up I think he can do well at WW.

·
Registered
93 Posts

You have to consider that he is really young. With some added muscle and improving skills I can definately see him making an impact in WW.

I thought he generally looked quite bad at LW and maybie I'm reading too much from this recent win, but he just looked like a completely different fighter and if the improvement curve keeps pointing up I think he can do well at WW.
Not harsh at all...it's the truth.

·
"I
6,923 Posts

No I really don't. Even at WW in a year he isn't going to be nearly as strong as guys like Fitch and Kos who've been wrestling their entire lives. Fitch has absurd sub defense and there's no way I see anyone at WW subbing him unless BJ moves up, then it becomes a slight possibility.

Alves is a freaking MONSTER and will eat Diaz's boxing alive. Hardy is a HUGE WW built like a damn 205er and would both out muscle and out strike him.

Diaz looked better at WW, sure, but that's also against Rory Markham and he hasn't changed AT ALL either. In a year Diaz will be a stellar gatekeeper between the A and B divisions but nothing more. IMO He'll become the WW Joe Stevenson.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts