Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hes out fo the competition and he was me favorite fighter...

that sux

but i think he'll be in the ufc still because of how much tito likes him....tito may start training him full time which would be sweet....

i just hope he comes to ufc like some of the other guys from previous seasons have....when they left or got eliminated

·
Registered
157 Posts
D Wood said:
hes out fo the competition and he was me favorite fighter...

that sux

but i think he'll be in the ufc still because of how much tito likes him....tito may start training him full time which would be sweet....

i just hope he comes to ufc like some of the other guys from previous seasons have....when they left or got eliminated
i know! i have no reason for watching ufc3 anymore!
Nahh not really i'm just neutral now, but i knew he wasnt coming back after he left in the ambulance.
i hope we'll see him again, but i'm not sure if he's cut out for the ufc.
My heart went out to him everytime he got hit, so i wont be watching any of his matches!

·
Registered
50 Posts
I wouldnt worry about seeing Matt in the UFC hes a good wrestler he was pretty popular with the fans.

And fighting to the point where you cant stand afterwards might be stupid but it proves how much heart he has with a few months training he will make his debut in the UFC.

If you have any doubts compare Matt to Chris Leben, Matts a much better MMA Fighter and about as popular and we all know the only reason Lebens still around is because the fans like him so Matts a no brainer we will see him again.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah i hope so too....with some good training...possibly with ortiz's camp???...he could turn into a really good fighter

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
I would of liked to see what he could of done if he was 100 percent. Too bad he had that arm injury. And for the guy he fought what a jOke

·
Registered
213 Posts
matt will be back hewould have destroyed his opponent had he been at full health well he did enyway and what a sloppy fight that was it is more a a strret fight

·
Banned
338 Posts
Once that guys standup striking and submission skills catch up to his wrestling abillity he is going to be a beast for sure. Training with Team Punishment can only make him better and with his youth and willingness to learn he should go a long way in this sport.

·
Registered
60 Posts
iceman574 said:
matt will be back hewould have destroyed his opponent had he been at full health well he did enyway and what a sloppy fight that was it is more a a strret fight
It was even sloppy for a street fight. :)

I think Matt needs to also lay off the PBNJ a little. Even injured, he shouldn't have gassed as badly as he did, although he dominated his opponent overall.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
MMA Fanatic said:
Looks like Matt is training with Tito's team outside of TUF3 check out this post over at Ninjashoes for more info and a bunch of pics.

team dagger is there too!!!

and joey stevenson!!!

matt can help all those guys and vica versa....expect team punishment to start to becoming a force around the UFC

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
ok call me stupid or what not, But what is the deal with these Teams and such. Is this like training camps or what feel free to start a new thread explaining this if you want but someone please explain this somewhere. When I was very active in the martial arts I do not recall much talk of teams or camps it was more about what school did you train at.

·
Banned
338 Posts
The Don said:
ok call me stupid or what not, But what is the deal with these Teams and such. Is this like training camps or what feel free to start a new thread explaining this if you want but someone please explain this somewhere. When I was very active in the martial arts I do not recall much talk of teams or camps it was more about what school did you train at.
It is the same thing really. Team Punishment is just the name that Ortiz and some other fighters that trained together like Rampage and Lister gave themselves.

(Team Quest, Brazilian Top Team, American Top Team) They are all names created by the group of fighters that train together at the same school or gym, however you want to look at it.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts