Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so after his fight against Pe De Pano at 66 which apparently has been made official....which I havent seen proof to, should he be thrown back into the title mix? Or are we looking at the winner of Mir/Vera for a shot? Or winner of that fights Arlovski for the number 1 contendership? Being my favorite fighter Id love to see him jump right back into the title picture but with 2 losses in a row I think that might be a bit hard this year, early next year though he should be bakck in the mix.........Thoughts?

·
Registered
85 Posts
they have to swicth things up a bit, how many more times are people going to buy a ppv with aa/tim?i know i wont any time soon.

let vera and mir duke it out, and have them go up against tim. and when tim looses have aa come in and get the belt back.

·
Registered
60 Posts
cooley said:
they have to swicth things up a bit, how many more times are people going to buy a ppv with aa/tim?i know i wont any time soon.

let vera and mir duke it out, and have them go up against tim. and when tim looses have aa come in and get the belt back.
I agree! I think Vera will beat Mir and will be given a chance at the title. He will then beat Sylvia and then have a great match up with Arlovski.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I wonder if AA could move down to light-heavyweight and still be as strong? That would create some interesting fights. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
60 Posts
linkster01 said:
I wonder if AA could move down to light-heavyweight and still be as strong? That would create some interesting fights. :thumbsup:
Yes mate. Chuck Liddell vs Andrei Arlovski sounds awsome to me. It would be one hell of a match up. I am a massive Iceman fan but I think Arlovski may give him a run for his money.

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
I dont think AA will get another shot until Tim loses the belt. The only problem with this is if AA gets the belt back Tim gonna be saying he beat AA twice and should get a chance to get his belt back. Thus we may see Tim/AA 4.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
but the thing is if vera did beat tim sylvia which he probably would then would AA be able to beat vera? and is AA even allowed to fight Tim sylvia anymore i thought they said it would be the last time they fought at bitter rivals

·
Registered
794 Posts
i think give some new bllod a try first then give AA the second in line shot after that - at either monson, sylvia, mir or vera - depending on whos got the belt.

id be surprised if he doesnt win it back at some point next year.

·
Registered
794 Posts
i think give some new blood a try first then give AA the second in line shot after that - at either monson, sylvia, mir or vera - depending on whos got the belt.

id be surprised if he doesnt win it back at some point next year.

·
Back In Black
4,185 Posts
Wombatsu said:
i think give some new blood a try first then give AA the second in line shot after that - at either monson, sylvia, mir or vera - depending on whos got the belt.

I'd be surprised if he doesnt win it back at some point next year.
I believe that Monson will be holding the belt after this PPV anyways. We all know that Sylvia has some problems with ground fighters. (Quite an understatment)

And after that I see no problem with the winner of Mir/Vera getting a shot. I think that AA needs to fight a few more times, just as a kind of punishment for the last fight with Sylvia. He needs to know that a 5 round borefest is unacceptable and will not be tolerated.

·
Registered
224 Posts
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Chrisl972 said:
I believe that Monson will be holding the belt after this PPV anyways. We all know that Sylvia has some problems with ground fighters. (Quite an understatment)

And after that I see no problem with the winner of Mir/Vera getting a shot. I think that AA needs to fight a few more times, just as a kind of punishment for the last fight with Sylvia. He needs to know that a 5 round borefest is unacceptable and will not be tolerated.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
i think after vera wins arlovski should fight mir. since that fight was supposed to happen anyway. then arlovski should fight monson, and if tim is the #1 contender he has to fight him again, before he fights brandon. we will def see him fight ti m again. heres a pic of andre from ufc 57

Attachments

·
Registered
413 Posts
I think the winner of the Vera, Mir fight will get the next shot. AA is one of my favorite fighters and I would really like to see him with the belt again but Unless Tim loses the belt they won’t have an AA vs Silvia fight unless there is no where else for the HW division to go.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Chrisl972 said:

I was in agreement with your post until I got to the “punishment for the last fight” comment and every thing that followed that. The guy injured his left knee in the 2nd round so badly that it swelled up twice its normal size after the fight and I even heard he had to have surgery on it. I have not seen any thing to confirm the surgery but his personal trainer did conform that he injured his knee in the second round. Come one man, the guy trains hard and fights hard every time. This one time he got injured he still hung in there knowing he couldn’t take the fight to the ground and knowing he didn’t have any thing on his punches because he is a warrior and a true competitor. But you say that won’t be tolerated?

·
Back In Black
4,185 Posts
TLB said:
I was in agreement with your post until I got to the “punishment for the last fight” comment and every thing that followed that. The guy injured his left knee in the 2nd round so badly that it swelled up twice its normal size after the fight and I even heard he had to have surgery on it. I have not seen any thing to confirm the surgery but his personal trainer did conform that he injured his knee in the second round. Come one man, the guy trains hard and fights hard every time. This one time he got injured he still hung in there knowing he couldn’t take the fight to the ground and knowing he didn’t have any thing on his punches because he is a warrior and a true competitor. But you say that won’t be tolerated?
If that is the case, which I was unaware of, then I hope to see him come back as exciting as ever. I love to see AA bang. He's one of my favorites.

I still would like to know what happened the first round. He never did go for the shoot, there was a pacing to both men that told us right from the start that we were in for a long night. I just want to see the old AA back and if it takes Dana making sure that he understands that he's there to entertain the paying public and not just to win fights.

Once again, I LOVE AA. I just want him to come back the way he was and not the AA that left me bored and disappointed.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Chrisl972 said:
If that is the case, which I was unaware of, then I hope to see him come back as exciting as ever. I love to see AA bang. He's one of my favorites.

I still would like to know what happened the first round. He never did go for the shoot, there was a pacing to both men that told us right from the start that we were in for a long night. I just want to see the old AA back and if it takes Dana making sure that he understands that he's there to entertain the paying public and not just to win fights.

Once again, I LOVE AA. I just want him to come back the way he was and not the AA that left me bored and disappointed.
That is actually something a lot of people didn’t know because when AA was asked about it he said he would not comment on an injury because he didn’t want to take away from Tim’s victory(which I think says alot about Arlovski). MMAweekly followed up with his trainer though and he told them what happend. As far as the first round they both knew what kind of punching power they were capable of so there were feeling each other out and AA also said that if he was losing a stand up battle he would take the fight to the ground in the latter rounds but like I said he couldn’t do that because of his knee.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
TLB said:
That is actually something a lot of people didn’t know because when AA was asked about it he said he would not comment on an injury because he didn’t want to take away from Tim’s victory(which I think says alot about Arlovski). MMAweekly followed up with his trainer though and he told them what happend. As far as the first round they both knew what kind of punching power they were capable of so there were feeling each other out and AA also said that if he was losing a stand up battle he would take the fight to the ground in the latter rounds but like I said he couldn’t do that because of his knee.
yeah andre is a true champion for that, i would like to see him get the belt back again some day. too bad my boy brandon vera is in the way.

·
Registered
5,360 Posts
I think the winner of Vera/Mir will get a shot with the winner of that match being Frank Mir one reason being that Vera has never faced anybody like Mir and if Mir is in shape he is one of the top heavyweights. Then Mir will break Tim Sylvia's other arm and win the belt then after one or two more fights Arlovski will get his title shot and a match a lot of people were tlaking about before Mir was stripped of his belt.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts