Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tuff decision but i gotta go with Brazil..Wandy, Shogun, Ninja, Big nog, lil Nog,Filho, Arona, Vitor, Rizzo, the Gracies..the list goes on and on

·
Baddest Man Alive
671 Posts
Brazil has probably brought the best with the Gracies and Babalu and so many others. It is, however, coincidental that all UFC champs currently are American. So 2nd goes to the great States!

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
I went with the US just to sway the votes a little. Liddell, Hughes, Franklin, Couture, Tito, B.J., Henderson, Barnett, Lindland, Horn, Shamrock, and Severn to name a few. Versus Wanderlei, Shogun, Ninja, Arona, Nogs, Babalu, A. Silva, Rizzo, and Gracies. It's pretty close

·
Free Thinker
5,673 Posts
that was a tough question for me, only because i really see lots of Russian fighters making a huge push in the next few years... but, historically, Brazil is top producer of MMA superstar exports;

Wandy
Big Nog
Lil Nog
Shogun
Ninja
Anderson silva
Vitor Belfort

plus a few others my tired brain can't recall right this moment...

USA has lots of "good" fighters, but not a consistant batch of asskickers like Brazil.

also, its hard, since in the UFC you don't see too many non-american/canadian fighters... very few actually... so its hard to judge how they'd do against more international competition... but, if you look at PRIDE, who has a more well-rounded fighter pool, i'd say there is your proof of Brazil's general dominance!

·
1 2 3 Blast Off!
2,972 Posts
brazil because they are stacked with great fighters.....but usa for a close 2nd

·
Registered
184 Posts
ConorM said:
have to go with the USA...brazil has a lot of good fighters but the US has more...and I'm rascist so i always root for the hometown white guy
ok......no comment :dunno:

But I went with Brazil simply because of the over all well rounded fight system. Russia (USSR) began the ***** as special forces training for their military. So its between those two for sure.

The USA has good fighters but all in all, where and who do they learn it all from.

·
I eat babies
7,647 Posts
LOL ^

Yea it's a tough one between Brazil and USA. But in Brazil you got Silva, Silva, Silva, Silva, Silva, Silva, Silva, Gracie, Gracie, Gracie, Gracie, Gracie, Gracie, Gracie, Gracie, Noguera, Noguera, Hua, Hua

I don't know if America has better fighters than Brazil or not though.

·
Registered
583 Posts
The USA produces the best fighters. I'm not trying to start a big political war or USA vs the World thing, just saying facts are facts, Chuck Liddell, Ken Shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Randy Couture, Matt Hughes, Rich Franklin, Tim Sylvia, Dan Severn, (as much as I hate to say it) Tito Ortiz, Jens Pulver, Mark Coleman, & Evan Tanner. Those are just a few that come to mind at the moment.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Brazil produces the best quality fighters hands down.

at lightweight: vitor ribiero and marcus aureilo

middleweight: anderson, filho, bustamante and the gracies.

light heavyweight:wandy, shogun, arona, lil nog, sobral, belfort, lyoto machida

heavyweight: nog, werdum and rizzo in his prime.

·
Premium Member
5,495 Posts
MMA freak said:
USA produces the best strikers as Brazil produces the best grapplers and submissionists. Therefore Brazil clearly dominates this category.
What category? How does producing the best grapplers and submissions experts dominate. Some of the best strikers are champions in the UFC and Pride.

·
True Grappler
6,222 Posts
Ken Shamrock said:
The USA produces the best fighters. I'm not trying to start a big political war or USA vs the World thing, just saying facts are facts, Chuck Liddell, Ken Shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Randy Couture, Matt Hughes, Rich Franklin, Tim Sylvia, Dan Severn, (as much as I hate to say it) Tito Ortiz, Jens Pulver, Mark Coleman, & Evan Tanner. Those are just a few that come to mind at the moment.
You forgot Kevin Randleman, and that makes all of the really good fighters to come out of the USA. I'm patriotic and all of that, but still, let's look at the facts.

ALL of the Gracies are from Brazil. That means Rickson, Royce, Renzo, Cesar, Ralph, Royler and Carlson. Sherdog lists 13, but there are definitely alot more Gracies in MMA than just that.

Add Chute Boxe: Wanderlei Silva, Shogun, Ninja and the other 18 fighters on that team.

That's just too much for me to give this to anyone else.

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
jdun11 said:
1.Brazil
2.USA
3.Russia
4.Japan
5.Holland
6.Canada
Good job throwing Holland in there. They may not wrestle too well but they will knock your head off or crush your legs with all of those kicks.

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
I would vote for USA since I think that if we took the best American vs. the best Brazilian at each weight class then the Americans would win more of the matches. However, since Brazil has a population a little more than half that of the US, I vote for Brazil for providing us with more fighters per capita.

Bob Sapp could eat all of the Brazilians as a late night snack.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.