Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there all,

have been going to the gym for about 4 years now and was getting really bored!

Now i've got a new job and am going to properly take up MMA after a few classes in my previous gym. It's so good to be actually DOING somethign with my body rather than lifting weights again and again.....

I've moved into a different area so i can't use my old gym so included in my mma training i'm going to do a lot of running adn am also interested in getting a resistance band cause my flat is very small. Done a few searches on the forums and they seem to be reasonably well liked.

Any thoughts or tips for trainign with them?

Nick

·
Registered
70 Posts
Rock Hunter said:
Hi there all,

have been going to the gym for about 4 years now and was getting really bored!

Now i've got a new job and am going to properly take up MMA after a few classes in my previous gym. It's so good to be actually DOING somethign with my body rather than lifting weights again and again.....

I've moved into a different area so i can't use my old gym so included in my mma training i'm going to do a lot of running adn am also interested in getting a resistance band cause my flat is very small. Done a few searches on the forums and they seem to be reasonably well liked.

Any thoughts or tips for trainign with them?

Nick
great for training for speed and explosiveness...it helps punching, kicks, footwork....right now Im not using them but my experience with them has been good...Im gonna get some.....or make some bands....

I use to have old flat bmx tires and tie them together to practice footwork and stuff....

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
I use resistance bands.. great for when you can't get to a gym and to vary your workoutI would not use them exclusively unless you have an injury that you can't do heavy weights.. they are also great for travel. great to use for punching drills and such as you can add resistence to it.. a little akward at first...
as for regular work outs I like them cause you can do alot in a very short timeyou can switch excercises and muscle groups just by change of motion.

·
True Grappler
6,222 Posts
They work for Miletich. Depending on the method of training that your going to use them for then you may need a good training partner, but generally they are supposed to be really effective.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.