Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No ones really mentioned him yet...he showed some good takedoen defense and dominated that fight.....do u think he's readfy for someone like rumble?

·
-Raids Into Transylvania-
3,029 Posts
He was great! I've always been a fan of Brown's, he was in tough positions on several occasions throughout the fight and he got out, he's a warrior and he proved it.

·
Curitiba Food and Liquor
16,175 Posts
I don't know, but he impressed me big time. Nobody in MMA is going to say "Matt Brown, Brown Matt or w/e the f*ck his name is" now.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
I was pretty impressed with Browns Performance, but im hesitant to say how good he really is considering that the only thing we have seen from Wilks is from TUF and we all know that isnt always the greatest measure of talent. Im ready to see him step up in competition.

·
Earthquake Survivor
1,936 Posts
he's on a 3 fight win streak, and 4-1 on the UFC with a lone loss coming to Kim in a decision some called controversial.

he's doing fine, and he's exicting to watch, he could end up like a new Chris Lytle and perhaps amount to a bit more.

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
Im a fan of Matt Brown and I was pulling for him during the fight so I should really rewatch to give a good analysis of the fight but on just one watch:

The Good:
-He finished!
-His stand up striking was good and more importantly better than his opponents. His anticipation of the shoot led to the flying knee that was the beginning of the end for Wilks. Can he do that in the future or was it luck? I think he can pull it off again.
-His submission defense was first class. He said no dice to the kimura.
-His clinch work with elbows was great.

The Bad:
-His gas tank. Was it the trip over to England? Hopefully.
-His stand up defense was nothing special, there were plenty of opportunities for him to get rocked but he didn't...problem is there are plenty of WW that are more accurate and hit harder then Wilks

Overall great performance but I think there are plenty of guys that would give him trouble and the bottom line is he needs stiffer competition. I think a guy like Fitch could decision him. GSP would beat him.

Give him Paul Daley next!

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wonder why hes not fighting rumble like he was supposed to a few months back...thats stiffer competition

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
I have been a fan of Brown for a long time already. I thought he did good but to be honest I thought he would have won in more dominant fashion.

I have high expectations from him he is a talented fighter.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I was extremely impressed. Awesome fight, matt brown is very exciting to watch and really i was not expecting him to win that fight and not only did he, but he won decisively.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Been a Matt Brown fan since he was on TUF. Must say I was pretty impressed last night. Lookin forward to seeing him against tougher competition.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts