Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
MMA Patriot
Joined
·
4,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont like him he act like he and his family are better than every one else in the ufc. he is an a** when he wins. Watch some of his fights and you will see that when ever he makes someone tap he keep the hold on untill the reff actualy pulls him off. In one match he made someone tap by armbar and after the match was over he went ahead and broke the guys arm. I was loving it when matt beat the crap out of him. I just wish that the match would have lasted a little longer. I was enjoying every second of it. what do you think?
 

·
MMA Patriot
Joined
·
4,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
meohmy said:
be grateful,for without their skills this would not be a conversation or forum.if you were as bad as the gracies you'd be cocky to.likes matt's not
I dont mind the cockyness but it is the fact that royce would keep the submition hold on even after the fight was over that got me I mean did he really have to brake the guys arm after the match.
 

·
Free Thinker
Joined
·
5,673 Posts
i mean, the Gracie's did bring BJJ to the world, and it is a know fact that the UFC wouldn't exist if it wasn't for the Gracie family. read the book 'no holds barred', you'll learn the whole history of MMA and how the Gracies are actually damn important.

nowadays, they're useless... but back in the day, and in the early years of PRIDE, the Gracies where a force!

and then Sakuraba kicked all their asses!

yay saku!!!
 

·
MMA Patriot
Joined
·
4,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
pt447 said:
i mean, the Gracie's did bring BJJ to the world, and it is a know fact that the UFC wouldn't exist if it wasn't for the Gracie family. read the book 'no holds barred', you'll learn the whole history of MMA and how the Gracies are actually damn important.

nowadays, they're useless... but back in the day, and in the early years of PRIDE, the Gracies where a force!

and then Sakuraba kicked all their asses!

yay saku!!!
hey I think they were important and I think they are great fighters but they act like jerks all of the time. as I said Holding submitions even after the fight was called is uncalled for.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,763 Posts
meohmy said:
Hey,he's a little bastard he had to prove a point you come in here you might get something hurt.it was a mental thing..dont believe for a second that r gracie is the best.they consider him the worst out odf the family.and they are a big influence still today in mma.But it's not the only way.but it aint bad either.if you can wrestle and do bjj very well you are a good fighter.
Royce Gracie the worst out of the family? Whatever Rush
 

·
MMA Patriot
Joined
·
4,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
meohmy said:
Hey,he's a little bastard he had to prove a point you come in here you might get something hurt.it was a mental thing..dont believe for a second that r gracie is the best.they consider him the worst out odf the family.and they are a big influence still today in mma.But it's not the only way.but it aint bad either.if you can wrestle and do bjj very well you are a good fighter.
he can prove his point without braking your arm well after the fight. Once a trainer ran into the ring after the fight because royce would not get off after the fight and big john almost hit gracie once because of that.
 

·
MMA Patriot
Joined
·
4,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
meohmy said:
I study with Relson Gracie BJJ.Rickson is his youngest brother the best by far.Royce was sent to the ufc to test the water and if he was beaten they could send Renzo or Rickson at the time.Which at that time were unbeatable.Sorry to let you down Royce fought Matt Hughes like a purple belt he was not prepared at all.Study up boys Royce is not listed in the top 10 fighters that the Gracie family ranks..Look it up
I just think matt was more well rounded stronger and royce underestimated him. ya dont see royce or anyone from his famliy asking for another match do ya.
 

·
attention whore
Joined
·
14,445 Posts
A legend, but his stuff ages horribly. He was the first to bring BJJ to a national level in the states, but man, he was absolutely clueless when he faced someone who actually knew something about BJJ. Then, he'd fight dirty in order to gain advantage. I respect his accomplishments, but I absolutely despise him as a person. Renzo is the only Gracie who seems somewhat normal.

Rickson is a myth. A guy who padded his record to obtain legendary status. It was a smart move, because it worked, but who the hell has Rickson Gracie beaten? Funaki? That's it.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
209 Posts
Damone said:
A legend, but his stuff ages horribly. He was the first to bring BJJ to a national level in the states, but man, he was absolutely clueless when he faced someone who actually knew something about BJJ. Then, he'd fight dirty in order to gain advantage. I respect his accomplishments, but I absolutely despise him as a person. Renzo is the only Gracie who seems somewhat normal.

Rickson is a myth. A guy who padded his record to obtain legendary status. It was a smart move, because it worked, but who the hell has Rickson Gracie beaten? Funaki? That's it.
1. HAve you met an talked with Royce? if not dont call him names...very nice person.

2. Rickson is the best period. His record is not padded. Do some research...then go to his training place and repeat what you just said about him and let him show you the new meaning of butt kicking....

3. If you watch UFC 1 Royce let go immediately on submissions...until glamrock acted he did not tapped and Royce was told to hold until the ref stopped it.


Fact is, if it was not for him and his family you would not have BJJ or MMA so show a little respect.
 
1 - 20 of 88 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top