Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Personally, i think he'll probably fight Frank Mir for another title shot, i mean AA has been trying to get in the octagon with mir since last year but couldn't, so i see that happening at UFC 64 as being a match for being a contender. . . . what do you guys think?

·
Premium Member
5,989 Posts
Could happen. Wouldn't be much of a match if it did though, to be truthful with ya. With the shape Mir is currently in - he'll gas in the first 4 minutes.

First and foremost though, Andrei needs a new camp. They gave him no pointers Saturday night, during each round. When the rounds would end, he came back to his corner - sat down, sipped a bit of water, and got his face cleaned up - IN DEAD SILENCE. His trainers weren't talking. Wow. If you watch the fight again (which I know, would be hard to do), Arlovski wiped a bit of blood out of his eye, and looked to his corner for advice - to which they had none, and he caught a jab on the nose for it.

He needs to re-evaluate his fight strategy as well...and use what brought him to the dance, his ***** skills. We don't want to see just a boxing match, we want to see the whole package.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TreyB said:
Could happen. Wouldn't be much of a match if it did though, to be truthful with ya. With the shape Mir is currently in - he'll gas in the first 4 minutes.

First and foremost though, Andrei needs a new camp. They gave him no pointers Saturday night, during each round. When the rounds would end, he came back to his corner - sat down, sipped a bit of water, and got his face cleaned up - IN DEAD SILENCE. His trainers weren't talking. Wow. If you watch the fight again (which I know, would be hard to do), Arlovski wiped a bit of blood out of his eye, and looked to his corner for advice - to which they had none, and he caught a jab on the nose for it.

He needs to re-evaluate his fight strategy as well...and use what brought him to the dance, his ***** skills. We don't want to see just a boxing match, we want to see the whole package.
I completly agree with you, i mean everyone and their mother that watched the fight would tell arlovski to attack that leg, jab-move-leg kick. . . . i mean he really does need to evaluate his camp and leave them, i mean the man has all the potential in the world, but i mean if you can direct it in the right direction, then i mean it's wasted, so yeah i can agree with you on that.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Big_Badi_Rabadi said:
Personally, i think he'll probably fight Frank Mir for another title shot, i mean AA has been trying to get in the octagon with mir since last year but couldn't, so i see that happening at UFC 64 as being a match for being a contender. . . . what do you guys think?
Mir is so far off of being ready to contend for the title, rather than do this and make his chin fall even further just give AA a title shot and save Mir the beating.

·
Registered
794 Posts
i agree also. Mir is a weapon if in shape...but i think he is a fair way off this and needs to drop 20 pounds also. Arlovski V Mir is a big name match and would be good for UFC but i see AA first round win if it happens anytime soon.

Jeff Monson V AA would be good - but i think he will get Sylvia in the near future, so not likely. Brandon Vera V AA would also be good. Vera looks good but my question has been look at his opposition.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I also think Vera vs AA would be a good one! AA should have tried to take the fight to the ground. Like TreyB said, he should have worked some ***** rather than all stand up.

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
I was thinking the same thing about Mir and the title picture, hes far off, but the fans would wanna see him vs sylvia 2 to find out what would have happened had Sylvias arm not been broken

·
Registered
178 Posts
Wombatsu said:
i agree also. Mir is a weapon if in shape...but i think he is a fair way off this and needs to drop 20 pounds also. Arlovski V Mir is a big name match and would be good for UFC but i see AA first round win if it happens anytime soon.

Jeff Monson V AA would be good - but i think he will get Sylvia in the near future, so not likely. Brandon Vera V AA would also be good. Vera looks good but my question has been look at his opposition.
Vera has so much to offer, he has to be in the frame really along with Monson, AA will have to win a fight or two before getting a title shot, only fair and it might not be good for him personally but it's healthy for the HW division imo.

·
Registered
178 Posts
CTFlyingKnee said:
I was thinking the same thing about Mir and the title picture, hes far off, but the fans would wanna see him vs sylvia 2 to find out what would have happened had Sylvias arm not been broken
Of course, Silvia wants it too. But for it to be any kind of a decent match to watch Mir has to improve his mental and physical conditioning. I hope he does so, before his crash he was one of my favourite guys in the UFC.

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
they are gonna make him fight vera i bet...but i dont think that is wise because dana is setting vera up to be their next IT BOY...i believe arlovski will tool vera..he'd be such a step up in competition for him...vera ia good but he should go down to lightheavyweight, hes not big enough

·
Premium Member
5,989 Posts
Vera is also a good option for Arlovski right now. He would pose a much better challenge at this time for Andrei - unlike Mir, Eilers, Buentello, A. Silva, Telligman, Cruz, etc.

The way Mir looked Saturday - he needs A LOT more work in the gym and on his cardio, which is always lacking. If Mir can focus all his energy on training and improving all his skills even more, he can once again become a force in the Heavyweight division. If he doesn't though, he'll become the Heavyweight division's punching bag. I know Dana likes Mir, and he would be very marketable for the company - but if he can't be in better shape than he was during the Christison fight, he might as well save himself certain embarassment - and hang it up now.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well it has just been announced that Kazyuika Fujita is going to be on the card with Silva vs Liddell, i can see him possibly fighting Andrei Arlovski. . . . .

·
Premium Member
5,989 Posts
I don't know how much chance there is of this happening, but I'd like to see Andrei Arlovski join Team Punishment. He would gain so much more fight strategy - he'd gain much more superior corner men, and he'd be reminded time and again to utilize that ground game he possesses. Tito and all those guys in that camp would make him a beast....and then Andrei would be a REAL force to be reckon with in the Heavyweight division. Just my thoughts. Take it or leave it. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
TreyB said:
I don't know how much chance there is of this happening, but I'd like to see Andrei Arlovski join Team Punishment. He would gain so much more fight strategy - he'd gain much more superior corner men, and he'd be reminded time and again to utilize that ground game he possesses. Tito and all those guys in that camp would make him a beast....and then Andrei would be a REAL force to be reckon with in the Heavyweight division. Just my thoughts. Take it or leave it. :thumbsup:
Dude, Trey!. . . . i was thinking the same damn thing ahahaha. . . no but seriously, he'd at least have corner men that would at least ****ing talk to him ya know. . . . and he'd definitly gain his conditioning ability along with a better ground game, along side that, he'd bring team punishment more skills as far as a stand up game.

·
Registered
222 Posts
teampunishment.50web said:
Mir is so far off of being ready to contend for the title, rather than do this and make his chin fall even further just give AA a title shot and save Mir the beating.

AA needs to beat several quality opponents before he gets another title shot. The guy got beat two times in three months by Sylvia and he needs to earn his way back up to contention. (particularly after the lackluster performance in 61)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah, i don't think he will get a title shot untill next year, and i only say that soon because well. . . the UFC has no heavyweights that are that good really, but during that fight, it was rumored that AA blew out his knee.

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
if hes getting a title shot next year it would have to be midway through, or even late next year.....granted there are NO good heavyweights, everyones going to be issued a shot at Sylvia. Once they realize no one can beat him (unless MIR gets in shape) THEN they will give AA his 4th match against Sylvia lol

·
Registered
794 Posts
your on the money there...thats the honest sad truth about it. No doubt AA will prob have to win one good fight or 2 average fights to get another crack - prob early next year id reckon.

·
Registered
74 Posts
gather himself.. hit the gym.. change his strategy.. get a tune up fight with a decent fighter...frank mihr etc. then challenge tim again for a title shot....

·
Registered
74 Posts
it's too early for vera to be fighting arlovski. the pitbull could easily win that one (not taking away anything from vera, i think he's a good fighter and i like him). give him someone a bit with more experience like say mir that would be a good tune up for arlovski.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts