Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
747 Posts
I don't think he will or should do anything, Dana if you don't like Anderson's performance then put someone in front of him that has a chance at beating him or at least threatening him. Don't strip him of his title that will proove nothing because whoever would win it wouldn't be champion in anyone's right mind since they didn't beat Silva. If Dana wants to shut him up then put someone in front of him who has the potential to.

· Registered
747 Posts
If he wants to challenge Silva put some real talent in front of him.

He should have Silva fight Jon the bones Jones at 205, it won't happen because Dana doesn't want big up and coming star to get beat

nor do I think he wants Silva vs GSP because he doesn't want GSP image to be tarnished with a lose to Silva.

What will most likely happen is Raashad Evans will beat Rampage and then Silva and Raashad will fight two taunter type fighters and outcome will be same as Machida vs Rassad fight... Book it.
Agreed, Jones is still too raw and green imo but in the future if Silva is still around definitely. I would be shocked if Anderson's next fight isn't Rashad, Rampage, or Shogun

· Registered
747 Posts
Anderson will choose to fight Sonnen since Sonnen is olympic calibure wrestler and WILL take Anderson down. However, I guarentee if they fight, Anderson won't be showboating or do absolutely nothing. Sonnen will bring the fight to him, but that's not exactly a good thing. When people bring the fight to Anderson, they get either knocked out or submitted. Especially if Anderson sees them as a threat, which Sonnen is.

I don't know, I really don't know anymore.
Chael's got balls so he will press the fight if Silva is playing games, which like you said will almost certainly end in a KO. Sonnen might be able to take Anderson down but then what, he can't finish a fight to save his life, there's a better chance at Anderson finishing from the bottom than Chael actually stopping him.

· Registered
747 Posts
If Anderson wants to be the champ he has to defend it against who ever the UFC wants, if he wants to only fight guys that interest him he needs to relinquish his belt. You can't hold the belt and an entire division hostage.
Not saying I diasgree with you but I remember Randy refusing to fight anyone in the UFC in general and held his title for over a year and was never stripped. The fight happened some people got angry, he's gonna fight again and probably win by KO and all this will go away. He fought for two rounds btw

· Registered
747 Posts
what is there for anderson at 205 tho, he has no interest to fight machida and as long as lyoto holds the belt there is nothing there for him.
There's nothing for him in terms of a title assuming Lyoto beats Shogun. But the matchups at 205 are infinitely more appealing and exciting than anything at 185. I personally would rather see him fight Rampage,Rashad,Shogun,Jones than a Marquardt rematch,Sonnen, or even Vitor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.