Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· "I
7,191 Posts
I'm betting he makes Silva do one of two things

1.) Surrender his belt and move up in weight, permanently.

2.) Get an immediate title shot at 205, against his training partner and told "Make it a good fight or you're going to lose your belt and fight on the undercard for the rest of your contract. Want to leave? You'll end up paying us a MASSIVE settlement that will crush your income for the rest of your life."

· "I
7,191 Posts
Yeah, you can't just strip Silva of his belt because he is too dominant...

It might be a good idea to create an interim belt though until there is someone actually worthy of fighting Silva in the divison. There are plenty of other interesting fights for Silva.

The only other option is to give GSP his shot and hope he can defeat him.

The MW division is a huge mess right now.
I'm picking this post because you're one of four I saw do it, not because I'm picking on you.

I didn't say he needs to be stripped because he's dominant. I'm saying he needs to be stripped because he should A) move up or down a class, permanently and B) Because of the unsportsmanlike horseshit he's been pulling. Martial Arts is about ******* respect. I don't care if you're miles ahead of your opponent and every aspect of the game, you just do NOT do that. It is NOT the way a martial artist behaves and it's most certainly not the way a champion in the biggest organization of a burgeoning sport that a whole ******* TON of people still think is either faked, fixed, a joke with no skill involved, barbaric, human cock fighting, a blood sport or all of the above. You do NOT ******* behave like that.

Remember Jesse Taylor? How about Junie Browning? Babalu? Sure their cases are all slightly different but it shows that the UFC cares about respect, character and the image of not only the UFC but the sport as a whole. What Anderson did today just took us back a step in a brand new market that MMA hasn't been in in this large of a scale and I FULLY believe he should be punished for his foolishness.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.