Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There was noise, a few years back, about Dana actually boxing Tito Ortiz. Probably best for both of them that never happened.

But right now, Dana is probably drunk and wishing he dared rip a piece out of Anderson Silva's ass.

So what does he do next week, after the hangover has worn off?

a) If there's a tracking system for who buys UFC PPVs, he can give all those people refunds. Likelier, give them Machida-Shogun or Lesnar-Carwin for free. Which is giving up a couple million dollars. I'm sure Dana will just love explaining that to Lorenzo Fertitta.

b) Really bite the bullet, and put on a free show with a couple championship fights. Again, it a couple million dollar hit, but the UFC can eat that now.

c) Strip Silva of his title. He'd leave the UFC if they did, but it's not unheard of. I rate this a on tenth of one percent possibliity.

d) Give Silva a bad-ass, and tell him he better make it look good or else. Something like Silva vs Junior de Santos. @heavyweight

e) Same as d) Only Silva vs Jon Fitch. @170.

· Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
1.) Surrender his belt and move up in weight, permanently.
As a solution, I like that. Let Silva announce it as voluntary, but make him fight his way through the top five before he gets a title fight. I imagine he'll be less bored if his next four fights are Rampage, Rashad, Machida and Shogun.

Make the first of those an UFN, put lightweight #1 contender's match on that card as well, and that takes care of repaying the fans.

· Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 · (Edited)
see tho making anderson doing that is unfair, I think he is to dominant at 185 but focusing him to move up because of this is not the answer. If u were to do it to ANderson u will have to do it to GSP also.
This isn't primarily a fairness thing. It's about money and embarrassment.

Dana White has a cash-cow, in an area of employment he loves. That's a rare, rare thing, and Anderson Silva is threatening it. Abu Dabia inteests just bought 10% of the UFC, and you give them THAT for their investment? If I'm Dana, what's going though my mind is 'I'm gonna break his fuckin' kneecaps.', not just terminating his contract.

And then there's the PPV audience. Given a choice of fair to the fans, and fair to Anderson Silva, Dana would make Silva fight featherweight, and not lose an ounce of sleep.

as for GSP, in every fight, he'ss trying to end it as fast as he can, with as little risk as possible. It's not wham-bam, but nobody feels cheated when they buy a GSP fight. He's a technician, and everybody knows that before they buy the ticket.

Anderson Silva commtted the cardinal sin. he cheated the audience. Worse, he cheated the investors. By not giving his best effort. Jon Fitch may have boring fights. Nobody says his fights are a rip-off.
Yeah, you can't just strip Silva of his belt because he is too dominant...
The fight went five rounds, and he didn't fight for three of them. I'm not stripping for being 'dominant'. I'm stripping him for deliberately damaging the brand.
Randy refusing to fight anyone in the UFC in general and held his title for over a year and was never stripped.
Out of the cage is out of the cage. Tito Ortiz and Dana were on the outs for years. Who's getting the exposure he's gonna need as a coach now that he's closing in on retirement? Tito.

Anderson Silva has had THREE lackluster performances, recently, and at this point, you have to say he isn't trying. That's what seperates him from GSP. Nobody doesn't St. Pierre's effort.

And what, besides outright quitting mid-match, is worse than an athlete who isn't trying? If you're THAT superior, END the fight!

· Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
I'm picking this post because you're one of four I saw do it, not because I'm picking on you.

I didn't say he needs to be stripped because he's dominant. I'm saying he needs to be stripped because he should A) move up or down a class, permanently and B) Because of the unsportsmanlike horseshit he's been pulling. Martial Arts is about ******* respect. I don't care if you're miles ahead of your opponent and every aspect of the game, you just do NOT do that. It is NOT the way a martial artist behaves and it's most certainly not the way a champion in the biggest organization of a burgeoning sport that a whole ******* TON of people still think is either faked, fixed, a joke with no skill involved, barbaric, human cock fighting, a blood sport or all of the above. You do NOT ******* behave like that.

Remember Jesse Taylor? How about Junie Browning? Babalu? Sure their cases are all slightly different but it shows that the UFC cares about respect, character and the image of not only the UFC but the sport as a whole. What Anderson did today just took us back a step in a brand new market that MMA hasn't been in in this large of a scale and I FULLY believe he should be punished for his foolishness.
:praise01:

I don't care how 'dominant' the guy is. He damaged the reputation of the UFC. And the money making potential of the UFC is it's reputation.

YOu are also completely right about the respect issue, but obviously a lot of people on this forum just don't understand that, and never will.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.