Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
21 - 40 of 59 Posts

· Premium Member
4,396 Posts
I only want to see Silva in superfights now.

GSP
Shogun
Machida
Bones
Mir
Carwin
Lesnar
Velasquez

Anything else is a waist of his and our time.

Although a Silva Evans fight might be hilarious with the two taunting each other.

· Premium Member
4,306 Posts
Anderson will choose to fight Sonnen since Sonnen is olympic calibure wrestler and WILL take Anderson down. However, I guarentee if they fight, Anderson won't be showboating or do absolutely nothing. Sonnen will bring the fight to him, but that's not exactly a good thing. When people bring the fight to Anderson, they get either knocked out or submitted. Especially if Anderson sees them as a threat, which Sonnen is.

I don't know, I really don't know anymore.

· Registered
747 Posts
Anderson will choose to fight Sonnen since Sonnen is olympic calibure wrestler and WILL take Anderson down. However, I guarentee if they fight, Anderson won't be showboating or do absolutely nothing. Sonnen will bring the fight to him, but that's not exactly a good thing. When people bring the fight to Anderson, they get either knocked out or submitted. Especially if Anderson sees them as a threat, which Sonnen is.

I don't know, I really don't know anymore.
Chael's got balls so he will press the fight if Silva is playing games, which like you said will almost certainly end in a KO. Sonnen might be able to take Anderson down but then what, he can't finish a fight to save his life, there's a better chance at Anderson finishing from the bottom than Chael actually stopping him.

· Registered
717 Posts
I'm betting he makes Silva do one of two things

1.) Surrender his belt and move up in weight, permanently.

2.) Get an immediate title shot at 205, against his training partner and told "Make it a good fight or you're going to lose your belt and fight on the undercard for the rest of your contract. Want to leave? You'll end up paying us a MASSIVE settlement that will crush your income for the rest of your life."
Your ******* tripping man. If he wants to follow his legitimate sport image he cant be messing around calling shots like that. He cant do any thing. No one liked Tim Siliva, you just had to wait it out.

· Premium Member
4,306 Posts
I'm thinking Silva knows better to play games against an olympic calibure wrestler. Chael will definitely come at him. Unfortunately, he has bad submission defense and Anderson can win the fight standing or on the ground.

· Premium Member
4,242 Posts
Your ******* tripping man. If he wants to follow his legitimate sport image he cant be messing around calling shots like that. He cant do any thing. No one liked Tim Siliva, you just had to wait it out.
Word, this is not pro wrestling, Dana can't strip the man cause he dominates and gets disinterested in the fights they give him.

· Premium Member
22,332 Posts
If Anderson wants to be the champ he has to defend it against who ever the UFC wants, if he wants to only fight guys that interest him he needs to relinquish his belt. You can't hold the belt and an entire division hostage.

· Registered
747 Posts
If Anderson wants to be the champ he has to defend it against who ever the UFC wants, if he wants to only fight guys that interest him he needs to relinquish his belt. You can't hold the belt and an entire division hostage.
Not saying I diasgree with you but I remember Randy refusing to fight anyone in the UFC in general and held his title for over a year and was never stripped. The fight happened some people got angry, he's gonna fight again and probably win by KO and all this will go away. He fought for two rounds btw

· Premium Member
4,396 Posts
Yeah, you can't just strip Silva of his belt because he is too dominant...

It might be a good idea to create an interim belt though until there is someone actually worthy of fighting Silva in the divison. There are plenty of other interesting fights for Silva.

The only other option is to give GSP his shot and hope he can defeat him.

The MW division is a huge mess right now.

· Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 · (Edited)
see tho making anderson doing that is unfair, I think he is to dominant at 185 but focusing him to move up because of this is not the answer. If u were to do it to ANderson u will have to do it to GSP also.
This isn't primarily a fairness thing. It's about money and embarrassment.

Dana White has a cash-cow, in an area of employment he loves. That's a rare, rare thing, and Anderson Silva is threatening it. Abu Dabia inteests just bought 10% of the UFC, and you give them THAT for their investment? If I'm Dana, what's going though my mind is 'I'm gonna break his fuckin' kneecaps.', not just terminating his contract.

And then there's the PPV audience. Given a choice of fair to the fans, and fair to Anderson Silva, Dana would make Silva fight featherweight, and not lose an ounce of sleep.

as for GSP, in every fight, he'ss trying to end it as fast as he can, with as little risk as possible. It's not wham-bam, but nobody feels cheated when they buy a GSP fight. He's a technician, and everybody knows that before they buy the ticket.

Anderson Silva commtted the cardinal sin. he cheated the audience. Worse, he cheated the investors. By not giving his best effort. Jon Fitch may have boring fights. Nobody says his fights are a rip-off.
Yeah, you can't just strip Silva of his belt because he is too dominant...
The fight went five rounds, and he didn't fight for three of them. I'm not stripping for being 'dominant'. I'm stripping him for deliberately damaging the brand.
Randy refusing to fight anyone in the UFC in general and held his title for over a year and was never stripped.
Out of the cage is out of the cage. Tito Ortiz and Dana were on the outs for years. Who's getting the exposure he's gonna need as a coach now that he's closing in on retirement? Tito.

Anderson Silva has had THREE lackluster performances, recently, and at this point, you have to say he isn't trying. That's what seperates him from GSP. Nobody doesn't St. Pierre's effort.

And what, besides outright quitting mid-match, is worse than an athlete who isn't trying? If you're THAT superior, END the fight!

· The Avy Slut
3,373 Posts
I say Dana begins giving more monetary incentive for finishing fights - eg, R1 finish = +$50k, R2 finish = +$40k ... R5 finish = +$10k or something like that.

In terms of us fans, there's nothing he should do - Joe Silva is setting up great fights, we've got plenty to look forward to so let's just move on and look ahead.

· Premium Member
22,332 Posts
Randy's contract didn't have that long left, by the time Anderson's new contract expired his best days would be behind him.

· Premium Member
4,242 Posts
This isn't primarily a fairness thing. It's about money and embarrassment.

Dana White has a cash-cow, in an area of employment he loves. That's a rare, rare thing, and Anderson Silva is threatening it. Given a choice of fair to the fans, and fair to Anderson Silva, Dana would make Silva fight featherweight, and not lose an ounce of sleep.

as for GSP, in every fight, he'ss trying to end it as fast as he can, with as little risk as possible. It's not wham-bam, but nobody feels cheated when they buy a GSP fight. He's a technician, and everybody knows that before they buy the ticket.

Anderson Silva commtted the cardinal sin. he cheated the audience. By not giving his best effort. Jon Fitch may have boring fights. Nobody says his fights are a rip-off.
Anderson Silva is a risky cash cow, when this guy wants to fight he puts on a display of skills that he is only capable of. But the issue now is the ufc. GSP is predictable his fight plan is the same with any opponent. When anderson fights u don't what to expect he can put on the best striking show or he can go to the ground. I think he has gotten to the point where the opponents the ufc give him are a joke to him so he does not try. The ufc needs to give him a guy who can potentially beat him.

· Registered
747 Posts
what is there for anderson at 205 tho, he has no interest to fight machida and as long as lyoto holds the belt there is nothing there for him.
There's nothing for him in terms of a title assuming Lyoto beats Shogun. But the matchups at 205 are infinitely more appealing and exciting than anything at 185. I personally would rather see him fight Rampage,Rashad,Shogun,Jones than a Marquardt rematch,Sonnen, or even Vitor.

· Registered
274 Posts
Dana should retire, and have someone else become president. It would be best for the sport and himself. I mean, the guys already lost his hair, I'm surprised he didn't just have a heart attack as he awarded Silva the belt.

21 - 40 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.