Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love the big ideas, and have been trying to think about what his one tap means on a global level. Here are some ideas:

- resignation (so be it, we all must fall)
- respect (you got me, you did it, I got caught, I applaud you)
- slap to the face (how could I do this to myself?)
- never will this happen again (I tap, but only once, and never again)

So what do you think? Why do you think he only tapped once? Was it solely based on reputation and the fact that one tap by Fedor equals 50 taps by some rookie dude?

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
I too found it interesting he tapped only once. I thought it was just him coming to terms that he was beaten. He tried everything he could to get out, but to avail and realized he was beaten.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
A lot of the time fighters will actually say "Tap" along with tapping. So that may have been the case as well.

It shows me that Fedor is a man. He doesn't need to tap repeatedly like he's in agony.

·
-DIBKIS-
21,135 Posts
I don't think that it meant anything other than he knew he was defeated. With this being said, tapping one time can be dangerous. With all of the controversial stoppages, when someone taps their hand one time, refs tend to hesitate more because they don't want to stop the fight and then have the fighter flip out about how they weren't tapping.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Something along the lines of, "Release my neck and arm before I go out and get my arm broken."

When Frank Mir tapped out Brock, I imagine it was,
"*TAP* OK you got me.
*TAP* Alright now my knee's getting bent very badly I could get seriously injured
*TAP* My career is on the line here!
*TAP* MAZZAGATI YOU MOTHERF*CKER!"

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.