Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

11281 - 11300 of 11310 Posts

·
The American Psycho
6,879 Posts
For the first time in years I'm actually considering buying an EA game at full retail. Usually I would stay away because they have been peddling nothing but shit these past few years. However, people seem to love Jedi: Fallen Order. So if its good and it won't **** my wallet then I'm down for it.

·
The American Psycho
6,879 Posts
So I got Jedi Fallen Order. Felt dirty giving EA money but considering it is a good game I'll get over it soon enough. It actually feels like Star Wars and not some liberal pandering crap with a rushed story and hundreds of lootboxes.

I got a Sega Genesis Mini for Christmas. It definitely lives up to its name because the controller is almost as big as the console. Anyways, I played some of the games and I pretty much got my ass handed to me. I barely got started with Contra: Hard Corps before then all of a sudden its Game Over. I remember being a lot better with some of these games. I guess modern gaming spoiled me.

·
Administrator
15,517 Posts
So I got Jedi Fallen Order. Felt dirty giving EA money but considering it is a good game I'll get over it soon enough. It actually feels like Star Wars and not some liberal pandering crap with a rushed story and hundreds of lootboxes.

I got a Sega Genesis Mini for Christmas. It definitely lives up to its name because the controller is almost as big as the console. Anyways, I played some of the games and I pretty much got my ass handed to me. I barely got started with Contra: Hard Corps before then all of a sudden its Game Over. I remember being a lot better with some of these games. I guess modern gaming spoiled me.
The only reason I haven't bought the new Star Wars game is because it doesn't look at all like Star Wars in its combat. I mean, the videos show the main character having to slash multiple times into an opponent with a lightsaber to kill it. That completely goes against what a lightsaber is and what Jedi/Sith combat should be like. I understand it's just a game, but just watching the combat pulls me out of it. KOTOR had multiple hits with a lightsaber, but it was a full on straight up RPG, with dice rolls and all that stuff to determine hits.

Decided to go through all the Resident Evil games that I own (except for 5/6). Almost done with Resident Evil Remake, and then I'll jump into Resident Evil 2 remake for the first time, and then into 4 (I don't have 3 sadly), and then into 7.

·
Premium Member
6,348 Posts

I watched some of the walkthrough. Its much better than I thought it would be.

·
The American Psycho
6,879 Posts
I watched some of the walkthrough. Its much better than I thought it would be.
I like what I have played but unfortunately I have not gotten far into it. More and more I have been coming home tired and can't seem to motivate myself into playing it. I got the day off tomorrow so maybe I'll get motivated after I sleep in. I want to be a Jedi Master damnit.

On another note, I thought I would play a little FF14 since they are doing another free trial. I hardly play it anymore because I don't feel like spending $30.00 for 2 months only to get disinterested in two weeks. Since its free I figured I would jump in a do some side quests. Unfortunately, I am locked out of my own account. It doesn't recognize my old password. I tried resetting it but my security question and answer are not being recognized. I tried picking a different user name and using another one of my emails but my PS4 will only recognize my old username. I guess I won't be exploring Eozera anytime soon. I wasn't going to spend that much time on it but I still find it completely annoying.

·
Administrator
15,517 Posts
On another note, I thought I would play a little FF14 since they are doing another free trial. I hardly play it anymore because I don't feel like spending $30.00 for 2 months only to get disinterested in two weeks. Since its free I figured I would jump in a do some side quests. Unfortunately, I am locked out of my own account. It doesn't recognize my old password. I tried resetting it but my security question and answer are not being recognized. I tried picking a different user name and using another one of my emails but my PS4 will only recognize my old username. I guess I won't be exploring Eozera anytime soon. I wasn't going to spend that much time on it but I still find it completely annoying.
That's lame. That's a lot of progress lost if you don't get it back.

I beat Resident Evil 2 Remake (Leon A), I still have Claire A, and Leon B/Claire B to finish. Great game, an actual survival horror game. I haven't played one that good since the original Dead Space. I'm also playing Madden 20, not a bad game. But, I'm deciding weather I want to jump into Claire A/Claire B on RE2 Remake, or if I want to jump into a whole different game. Dying Light maybe, I haven't played that one yet.

·
Premium Member
6,348 Posts
50% through Rise of the Tomb Raider.

This is the first somewhat modern AAA title I've played since the original Tomb Raider reboot in 2013.

Its kind of like an interactive movie. It is cool. But you can tell it is a bit dumbed down as most movies and games these days trend towards being. There isn't as much of a real message or moral to the story as there was with the previous generation of storytelling.

I wish games taught more history, real life skills and info. That's the only major way I see to improve the experience. Not the useless pointless agendas taught in school classrooms that are designed to make people dumber. Real things people can actually use.

When I have those types of issues. Keyword searching something like: ps4 wont reset account on youtube or search engine can sometimes yield results.

Usually there are lots of people who have had the same problem. Once in awhile you'll stumble across search results for someone who found a solution to it that'll save some time.

·
The American Psycho
6,879 Posts
50% through Rise of the Tomb Raider.

This is the first somewhat modern AAA title I've played since the original Tomb Raider reboot in 2013.

Its kind of like an interactive movie. It is cool. But you can tell it is a bit dumbed down as most movies and games these days trend towards being. There isn't as much of a real message or moral to the story as there was with the previous generation of storytelling.

I wish games taught more history, real life skills and info. That's the only major way I see to improve the experience. Not the useless pointless agendas taught in school classrooms that are designed to make people dumber. Real things people can actually use.

When I have those types of issues. Keyword searching something like: ps4 wont reset account on youtube or search engine can sometimes yield results.

Usually there are lots of people who have had the same problem. Once in awhile you'll stumble across search results for someone who found a solution to it that'll save some time.
I just found out what the problem was and it was so stupid. My security answer had an extra space at the end [Answer ]. All that frustration because of that

·
The American Psycho
6,879 Posts
Wow, its been awhile since I last posted on here. Well, I tried various games but the only one that stuck was Final Fantasy 14. I actually started a new character because being a Tank isn't working out for me. Just like in real life, I am more of a follower then a leader. So, right now I am a level 54 Miqoto Bard. I'm hoping to get into PvP so I can start getting better gear.

I did try Man of Medan a couple of weeks ago but so far that game has not been resonating with me. Which is sad because Until Dawn had me hooked at the beginning. This group I am playing are assholes I would love to get killed.

I recently got a copy of Borderlands 3. The intro made me laugh because it introduced Lilith as the hero of Pandora. Don't ask me how they came to that conclusion considering she was the dumbass in distress in the last game and I had to go rescue her from Jack and a giant ******* Dragon. Shouldn't Maya or Zero (or those other 2) be considered the hero? All I know is I did all the leg work and that bitch got all the credit. Screw you Lilith. Well, this game looks like it will be fun and I will play it after I get over this FF14 kick I have now.

·
Super Moderator
8,071 Posts
Wow, its been awhile since I last posted on here. Well, I tried various games but the only one that stuck was Final Fantasy 14. I actually started a new character because being a Tank isn't working out for me. Just like in real life, I am more of a follower then a leader. So, right now I am a level 54 Miqoto Bard. I'm hoping to get into PvP so I can start getting better gear.

I did try Man of Medan a couple of weeks ago but so far that game has not been resonating with me. Which is sad because Until Dawn had me hooked at the beginning. This group I am playing are assholes I would love to get killed.

I recently got a copy of Borderlands 3. The intro made me laugh because it introduced Lilith as the hero of Pandora. Don't ask me how they came to that conclusion considering she was the dumbass in distress in the last game and I had to go rescue her from Jack and a giant *** Dragon. Shouldn't Maya or Zero (or those other 2) be considered the hero? All I know is I did all the leg work and that bitch got all the credit. Screw you Lilith. Well, this game looks like it will be fun and I will play it after I get over this FF14 kick I have now.
I've just started playing FFXV. Im not sure what to make of it. Certain elements are great, like the combat but other elements like the quest system is poor. So far I have no interest in any of the quests I'm doing, they just feel uninspiring. The theme of the game in general seems very tame, and your friends asking for rests, even the car seems to drive a sensible speed. I've gotten done with my second play through of the Witcher 3 but with both extensions this time, now that game has interesting side quests. To me going from playing the Witcher 3 to FFXV (which is supposedly a very good game) just cements The Witchers place as the greatest RPG game I've ever played - almost 5 years on and that game would still be getting rave reviews if it were released today.

On a side note, there are strong rumours of a new Witcher game in the works. Fingers crossed for that one.

·
Premium Member
6,348 Posts
Nice. Guess I should update gamer log.

Finally finished Rise of the Tomb Raider a few weeks ago. Not a fan of the basic mechanic of the game being to kill random people and rob them for ammunition, cash and goods. I wish games were more geared towards a players success relying more upon imagination, knowledge, intelligence, etc. Better structuring than simply being a petty thief. Aside from that it was ok. Graphics looked amazing. Some of the puzzles took time to figure out. I looked up the solutions on youtube. Also not a fan of the gory melee CQ (close quarters) killing sequences which made me feel like I was a serial killer from a slasher horror movie.

Replayed the campaign mode of battlefleet gothic armada and MechWarrior Online now that MechWarrior 5 is out and its days may be numbered.

·
The American Psycho
6,879 Posts
I've just started playing FFXV. Im not sure what to make of it. Certain elements are great, like the combat but other elements like the quest system is poor. So far I have no interest in any of the quests I'm doing, they just feel uninspiring. The theme of the game in general seems very tame, and your friends asking for rests, even the car seems to drive a sensible speed. I've gotten done with my second play through of the Witcher 3 but with both extensions this time, now that game has interesting side quests. To me going from playing the Witcher 3 to FFXV (which is supposedly a very good game) just cements The Witchers place as the greatest RPG game I've ever played - almost 5 years on and that game would still be getting rave reviews if it were released today.

On a side note, there are strong rumours of a new Witcher game in the works. Fingers crossed for that one.
I could not get into 15 at all. I would have said 13 and 13-2 were the worst of the franchise (even though I liked those games) but that perception has changed after a few hours of 15. I think the whole driving casually down the road while the kingdom is in peril sort of killed it for me. It actually made me miss playing as Tidus.

Well, I finished a Realm Reborn again. It wasn't a complete disaster like my first run of the final level 2 years ago. I was able to keep up with my party and not get hopelessly lost. I was fully prepared to skip all the cutscenes this time around (which added to the confusion the last time because everyone else was skipping the cutscenes but me and I got left behind). Apparently, Square Enix made sure you couldn't skip the cutscenes during the last two levels. Its good if you want to enjoy the story but it gets annoying when you are replaying the level to grind for Allagan Tokens of Poetics (Currency to get the Ironworks Uniform). I had to play the second to last mission 8 times and watch the same cutscenes over and over again. If I never play the Castrum Man-something level again it will be too soon. Of course it would have been nice to do some PvP to break up the monotony of replaying the same level but unfortunately the wait time to get into the Feast and the Wolves Den is a complete joke. I waited for over an hour to get into PvP and nothing was happening. It sort of screws me over for earning Wolf Marks and getting gear from the Wolves Den. Well, I am going to start working on Heavensward expansion.

Also, I picked up two games from GameStop. One of those games was Anthem. Considering everything I heard about the game I figured the price for a used copy wasn't bad for something I'll probably play for a few hours. So far the gameplay and flying mechanics are solid. It feels like the same mechanics from Mass Effect Andromeda (one of the few decent things to come out of that game). The story is confusing so far. Freelancers started off as hero's to the people, a few of them gets slaughtered, and now people hate them, something, something, storms, something. Don't ask me. Fort Tarris is one of the worst MMO hubs I have ever been in. When you first enter the fort the one thing you will notice is how dead silent it is. No sounds, no music, and you might get a couple of people striking up a conversation. What the hell is happening here. Its like this society was taken over by elementary school teachers and if you talk too loudly you'll be sent to the principals office. I pity the people who paid full price for this. Maybe Square can lend Bamahut to Bioware and have him blow up Fort Tarris like he did Eorzea. FF14 was better for it. I'm sure Anthem will be better for it to.

·
The American Psycho
6,879 Posts
My membership for FF14 is nearing its end. I got my character up to a level 68 Dancer. The quest lines for the Dancer is pretty hard. I'm having trouble taking on a level 65 enemy even after I upgraded my armor and leveled 3 more levels. The only thing I can think of is buying a higher quality potion. If that doesn't work I might end up going back to being a Bard. I finally got to try PvP and so far I do not like it. Its pretty much a group of 72 players trying to capture territories from other companies. Playing this on a controller is terrible. Half the time it likes to target players I don't want to target. There are times when it will target my allies. Then there is a problem when we start to clash with other companies. It literally turns into epileptic's nightmare because once people start fighting there is a constant explosion of bright colors that dominates the screen. Its extremely hard to see what the hell is happening, who I am targeting, and how far away my target is. Most of the time I get wiped out attempting to get closer to my target.in mere seconds of the battle. The only reason I am bothering with PvP is because it is a great way of leveling up my character quickly. Also, the Wolf Marks are nice for getting costumes that look pretty sweet.

Anyways, I am debating whether to renew my membership or take a little break. I want to see how the story plays out but at the same time I don't to burn my self out. I got at least 3 more days to decide.

·
Administrator
15,517 Posts
Destroying in Smash with Terry. Waiting for Animal Crossing: New Horizons to release so I can play that for the next year or two.

I've also been, uh, "procuring" some PC games lately to try them out. None have held my interest, play 10 minutes and then delete.

·
Super Moderator
8,071 Posts
Destroying in Smash with Terry. Waiting for Animal Crossing: New Horizons to release so I can play that for the next year or two.

I've also been, uh, "procuring" some PC games lately to try them out. None have held my interest, play 10 minutes and then delete.
Play Gwent by any chance? Been getting into it a bit recently, I like it a lot better than Hearthstone.

Not very good at it though :(

·
Administrator
15,517 Posts
Play Gwent by any chance? Been getting into it a bit recently, I like it a lot better than Hearthstone.

Not very good at it though :(
Honestly, I much prefer Gwent in TW3 than the full game. You can't play against other players but I like it a lot better. I was excited when they announced Gwent as a standalone game, but when I tried the beta and watched videos on it was like, eh...

I did however start Terminator Resistance. That game is way better than it has any right to be. It's not amazing, and not worth the retail price, but coming from the guys that made Rambo: The Video Game, it's pretty solid.

·
Super Moderator
8,071 Posts
Honestly, I much prefer Gwent in TW3 than the full game. You can't play against other players but I like it a lot better. I was excited when they announced Gwent as a standalone game, but when I tried the beta and watched videos on it was like, eh...

I did however start Terminator Resistance. That game is way better than it has any right to be. It's not amazing, and not worth the retail price, but coming from the guys that made Rambo: The Video Game, it's pretty solid.
I played beta Gwent and didnt much enjoy it. Its much better now. Theres hundreds of cards in the game now. Gwent is probably the fairest f2p game I've played, which is really what you would expect from Projekt Red, they really make their money from fluff rather than make you grind out cards for cash. When I logged back on I had like 15,000 scraps, which is more than enough to craft a few meta decks and loads of keys which are used in the reward system (which they didnt have last time I logged on)

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
I played beta Gwent and didnt much enjoy it. Its much better now. Theres hundreds of cards in the game now. Gwent is probably the fairest f2p game I've played, which is really what you would expect from Projekt Red, they really make their money from fluff rather than make you grind out cards for cash. When I logged back on I had like 15,000 scraps, which is more than enough to craft a few meta decks and loads of keys which are used in the reward system (which they didnt have last time I logged on)
I'd recommend checking out Legends of Runeterra, created by Riot Games, so you know it's quality. I always wanted to get into Hearthstone, but the fact that you have to put in tons of hours in order to get a decent deck if you don't spend money on it turned me off, so this one got my attention pretty quick.

I haven't played it for a while, but should probably get back into it. Lots of fun, and trying to get the deck you want is far from the grind it is in Hearthstone. Even if you just play a couple games per day usually is enough to gain a relatively good amount of experience from daily quests etc.

Keeps a fair balance as well imo - you don't have to grind 24/7 (there's a limited amount of experience you can get from wins per day), and there's also a limit on how much you can buy when it comes to card packs etc.
By gaining experience, you earn different rarity wildcards (you can convert wildcards to actual play cards of your choice) and also shards (you can use shards to buy cards or play a random draft mode, in which the more you win, the more shit you can get).

Another cool thing about it, which I think wasn't in Hearthstone, playing with friends isn't completely useless - you still gain the same amount of experience by playing with friends as if you would a random game.

·
Premium Member
6,348 Posts
Watched final fantasy 7 remake walkthroughs to check on its progress. The graphics look good. Gameplay looks good. Not certain whether the combat system will get stale and repetitive. They adopted the smash thousands of boxes and crates to acquire items model which I find annoying. The script and flow of it look choppy and rushed. Maybe they'll polish it before final release but I'm thinking it might disappoint people.

11281 - 11300 of 11310 Posts