Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

11301 - 11320 of 11343 Posts

·
Administrator
15,525 Posts
Watched final fantasy 7 remake walkthroughs to check on its progress. The graphics look good. Gameplay looks good. Not certain whether the combat system will get stale and repetitive. They adopted the smash thousands of boxes and crates to acquire items model which I find annoying. The script and flow of it look choppy and rushed. Maybe they'll polish it before final release but I'm thinking it might disappoint people.
I played through the hour or so demo, it's good but not perfect. The main issue is the pacing. There's a weird and strange feeling to how the cutscenes move from story to gameplay. Cloud makes this weird, unnatural transition from talking/being in a scene to allowing the player to control him again. It's jarring and was very odd, given Square is pretty good at that stuff usually.

Animal Crossing in 4 days, technically 3 days as it unlocks at 9pm here the day before on the west coast. I'm super excited, it's been 7 years since the last one and that was on the 3DS, this is the first console version in a very, very long time.

·
Administrator
15,525 Posts
Takes me almost 6 hours to do an SL1 (no leveling up, level 1 only) run in Dark Souls 3, that's about as fast as I can do it. I make it to Pontiff without dying at all, so about 65% of the way through the game. But once I hit Pontiff between him and Aldrich, It puts an extra hour on my run. Both easy bosses if you level up but at base level HP they can just wreck you fast. Pontiff's hit string is just too long and Aldrich is an RNG bitch. These people that can do it in like 2.5 hours or whatever, no idea how they manage it.

Now I am just playing Smash off and on and waiting for Animal Crossing.

·
Super Moderator
8,101 Posts
I'd recommend checking out Legends of Runeterra, created by Riot Games, so you know it's quality. I always wanted to get into Hearthstone, but the fact that you have to put in tons of hours in order to get a decent deck if you don't spend money on it turned me off, so this one got my attention pretty quick.

I haven't played it for a while, but should probably get back into it. Lots of fun, and trying to get the deck you want is far from the grind it is in Hearthstone. Even if you just play a couple games per day usually is enough to gain a relatively good amount of experience from daily quests etc.

Keeps a fair balance as well imo - you don't have to grind 24/7 (there's a limited amount of experience you can get from wins per day), and there's also a limit on how much you can buy when it comes to card packs etc.
By gaining experience, you earn different rarity wildcards (you can convert wildcards to actual play cards of your choice) and also shards (you can use shards to buy cards or play a random draft mode, in which the more you win, the more shit you can get).

Another cool thing about it, which I think wasn't in Hearthstone, playing with friends isn't completely useless - you still gain the same amount of experience by playing with friends as if you would a random game.
Ill give it shot... looks like a may have a bit of free time coming up :S

Have you tried Gwent?

·
The American Psycho
6,893 Posts
Marvel's Spiderman for PS4 is looking good for a relatively new game only a few year's old.
Spiderman is a solid game. I had a lot of fun playing it. I actually believe the story in this game beats out the last four Spiderman movies. The only minor complaints I have is that it does get a bit repetitive and the sheath sections with Mary Jane and Miles Morales was painful to go through. Why web sling across New York when you can sneak around as Mary Jane?

·
The American Psycho
6,893 Posts
Well, It only took three months but I think I am finally tired of FF14. Heavensward is just dragging on and on with no end in sight. I got one more month on my subscription but I am at the point where I want to start playing other games now. Which is okay because I have a lot of games that is just collecting dust on my shelf and taking up space on my hard drive. I might start with Man of Medan. I want to see if this game gets any better or if its just a poor mans Until Dawn.

·
-DIBKIS-
21,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #11,312
Just finished the Resident Evil 3 remake. If you liked the RE2 remake you will like the RE3 remake. Very similar gameplay with a few things different. RE3 doesn't have "sub-weapons" like RE2 had to counter with when you got caught. However, it features a "dodge" button that you can time to dodge a lunging zombie or boss attack.

I think overall I still like the storyline of RE2 better. RE3 wins in the gameplay category and the boss fights were pretty awesome.

·
The American Psycho
6,893 Posts
Couldn't get into Man of Medan. The story is not interesting at all. I'm beginning to think Supermassive games are nothing but one trick ponies. Everything they did after Until Dawn has been short gimmicky mediocre crap. I'm not excited for the rest of the Anthology series.

Moving on to an indie game called Gris. Its pretty much a platformer whose visuals look like one of those water colored paintings. So far, the goal of the game is to collect these stars and use them to create paths. Not sure what to think of this game let.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Picked up Rebel Galaxy from 2015.

Partially to help my 24+ hour, every other day, fasting. Having positive results. Games help keep my mind off being hungry.

I saw someone on twitch finish yakuza kiwami and playing through yakuza 0. Both look to be some of the best games I've seen in a long time. Storywise.

·
The American Psycho
6,893 Posts
Well, I was looking forward to The Last of Us 2 until I saw the leaks. I knew this game was going to be LGBT centric. When I saw the trailer of Ellie dancing with a girl I thought the girlfriend was going to get killed and it was going to be revenge story. From what I read it is more horrifying then I could ever imagine. I am actually envious of people who only has an Xbox One because they don't have to experience this trash. I refuse to spend $60.00 on this crap. Screw Naughty Dog, screw the SJW initiative, and screw this game. Sorry, this just pissed me off so bad.

Still playing Gris. The game is artistically stunning. Its nice to play a game where you don't have to grind for hours just to get a piece of clothing.

Reactions: Trix

·
The American Psycho
6,893 Posts
I finished Gris. As far as story I can honestly say I have no idea what this game was about. Its starts out as this girl singing on top of a giant hand in the sky. For whatever reason the hand falls apart and she falls straight down to the surface. You spend the game searching for stars to complete a bridge in the sky while a mass of darkness is trying to stop you. Why she was on top of a giant statue in the sky and why this darkness wanted to stop her is beyond me. The puzzles are fairly simple and not once was I ever in any danger of dying. I think this game was meant solely for appreciating its unique artwork and listening to its fantastic OST. So if you have a few hours to spare you might want to give this game a try.

I was also playing Rage 2 or as I like to call "Side Missions: The Game." There is barely a campaign in this game. You are just going where ever on the map and doing side missions to gain favor for three main NPC's. It has a fun combat system but it does get dry after a while because I was going to one bandit lair after another. After I clear out the bandits I have to search for containers, ark chests, and data pads. It usually takes me forever to find these damn things. After 6 hours of this game I can see why it faded into obscurity.

Right now, I am going to start Zero Time Dilemma. I was always curious about this game but never picked it up. I just got a copy for my birthday so I have no excuse not to play it.

11301 - 11320 of 11343 Posts