Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

11321 - 11340 of 11350 Posts

·
Administrator
15,527 Posts
Still playing AC.

Also started Remnant: From the Ashes. Basically marketed as "Dark Souls with guns". Well, after about 7 hours I can safely say Dark Souls it is not. It's decent, maybe worth the 23 dollars it's on sale for right now on PSN. But it's pretty bleh.

·
The American Psycho
6,897 Posts
Played a little bit of Zero Time Dilemma. Its pretty much SAW in anime form. I did have to laugh. This game pulled a Far Cry on me at the very beginning. The bad guy of the game said he would let us go if we play a game of heads or tails. I guessed right, he let us go, and got the end credits. So far this game is having you play different scenarios. I guess I have to play them all to get the true ending.

I just bought Final Fantasy 8 for $10.00. I was hesitant to get this game in the past because of the draw system. It seemed extremely tedious and boring. However, I figured since it was on sale I'd give it a try.

·
Super Moderator
8,101 Posts
Finally got round to playing Red Dead Redemption 2. Not played online yet, but really enjoying taking the world in - so much to do.

Reactions: M.C

·
The American Psycho
6,897 Posts
I didn't play Zero Time Dilemma for too long. Its not a bad game but it is something you have to be in the mood to play. So I'll comeback to it another time. I'm not sure why but I had a desire to go back to Rise of the Tomb Raider. I bought this game years ago and stopped playing it for some reason. I finished it yesterday and I had to laugh. I was not that far off from finishing it the first time.

After Rise I started playing Shadow of the Tomb Raider again and my opinion of the game is still the same. It felt like the main villain, Trinity, was tacked on this game with no real purpose of being there. Nothing about them, from their leader to their involvement, made any rational sense. This is an organization that would have burned the hidden village, and its inhabitants, down because of there pagan believes. They would not make one of the natives the leader and participate in pagan rituals. Square could have just made the Cult of Kuklokhan (whatever) the main baddie and that would have made more sense then Trinity. The story is very stupid.

Reactions: Trix

·
Premium Member
6,679 Posts
Epic games is offering GTA 5 free on their site. (I've never actually played a GTA game.)

There are rumors Witcher 3 will be available for free next week.

·
Super Moderator
8,101 Posts
Epic games is offering GTA 5 free on their site. (I've never actually played a GTA game.)

There are rumors Witcher 3 will be available for free next week.
GTA V is an amazing give away, no wonder their servers were down for so long.

The Witcher 3 is another amazing game (if they give that away as well), Epic would have literally been giving away 2 of the greatest games ever made.

Can someone explain the point of that Animal Crossing game, the missus has been playing in on the Switch and I cannot of the life of my figure out why a) it costs so much and b) where the fun in it is. I mean it looks like a kids game made by an indi developer but selling at a AAA price tag.

·
The American Psycho
6,897 Posts
I just finished playing DMC: Devil May Cry. I still find it sad to this day that this game was poorly received. I would love to see a sequel but I doubt that will ever happen in my lifetime. I also played Vergil's Downfall for the first time. This DLC was pretty meh. It was only an hour long, it introduced 2 new enemy types, and had only one boss battle. They decided to replaced cutscenes with motion picture concept art and the story was just laughable at best. For a character's downfall to be effective you'd actually would have to believe he was good in the first place. In the base game it was obvious this guy was bad (and not just because I played Devil May Cry 3). This DLC added nothing to Vergil's character or made me feel any sympathy for him. If I were to replay DMC again I would skip the DLC entirely.

I'm thinking of playing either Children of Morta or A Plague's Tale: Innocence (which is a game I have been meaning to get back to).

·
The American Psycho
6,897 Posts
Looks like I double posted. Haven't done that in awhile.

·
Premium Member
6,679 Posts

The unreal engine 5 / playstation 5 demo ^ has been out for awhile now.

After Rise I started playing Shadow of the Tomb Raider again and my opinion of the game is still the same. It felt like the main villain, Trinity, was tacked on this game with no real purpose of being there. Nothing about them, from their leader to their involvement, made any rational sense. This is an organization that would have burned the hidden village, and its inhabitants, down because of there pagan believes. They would not make one of the natives the leader and participate in pagan rituals. Square could have just made the Cult of Kuklokhan (whatever) the main baddie and that would have made more sense then Trinity. The story is very stupid.

The only shadow of the tomb raider option I can find on steam is a $100 package. They "mark" it down to $50-$60 to fool people into thinking they're getting a deal. The 3rd installment of Starcraft 2 was trash. I could envision myself developing a habit of skipping the 3rd installment of game trilogies if the $50 - $100 price tag of sotr doesn't decline.

·
The American Psycho
6,897 Posts

The unreal engine 5 / playstation 5 demo ^ has been out for awhile now.

The only shadow of the tomb raider option I can find on steam is a $100 package. They "mark" it down to $50-$60 to fool people into thinking they're getting a deal. The 3rd installment of Starcraft 2 was trash. I could envision myself developing a habit of skipping the 3rd installment of game trilogies if the $50 - $100 price tag of sotr doesn't decline.
Probably a good idea. I definitely have buyers remorse when it comes to Shadow. I should have waited until the price came down to $20.00. Well, not much I can do about it now.

Speaking of 3rd installments, I just found out a remastered version of Saints Row 3 just came out. Can't believe that slipped under my radar. So I bought it and the game doesn't look like a 9 year old piece of shit. Characters like Johnny Gat, Kinzie, and Oleg look a lot better. Unfortunately, I can't say the same for my character. I can never get my character to look right. Other then that, its still the same game. Not that I mind because SR3 was a lot of fun to play.

·
Super Moderator
8,101 Posts
Just seen the PS5 reveal.

I must say. I'm totally underwhelmed.

·
Premium Member
6,679 Posts

Caught the 2nd half.

The new Horizon was the only thing I saw that looked decent.

·
The American Psycho
6,897 Posts
I'm not excited for the next console generation at all. Between microtransactions and loot boxes running rampant, publishers releasing buggy half finished games with bullshit promises that they will fix it later, and game developers making politically motivated garbage that serve to piss you off, gaming just isn't as fun as it used to be. Right now I am getting pissed just thinking about how The Last of Us 2 is going to sell like gang-busters. That game is going to be a such a shit show that it will put Game of Thrones Season 8 to shame and it will sell millions of copies. This is the future of gaming. How ******* depressing is that.

Well, I haven't given up gaming yet. Finished Saints Row 3 Remastered and its still the same game. Its fun but I honestly could have played my 360 version and still had the same experience. Right now I am picking up where I left off in A Plague Tale. Trying to get reacquainted with the controls.

·
Super Moderator
8,101 Posts
I'm not excited for the next console generation at all. Between microtransactions and loot boxes running rampant, publishers releasing buggy half finished games with bullshit promises that they will fix it later, and game developers making politically motivated garbage that serve to piss you off, gaming just isn't as fun as it used to be. Right now I am getting pissed just thinking about how The Last of Us 2 is going to sell like gang-busters. That game is going to be a such a shit show that it will put Game of Thrones Season 8 to shame and it will sell millions of copies. This is the future of gaming. How *** depressing is that.

Well, I haven't given up gaming yet. Finished Saints Row 3 Remastered and its still the same game. Its fun but I honestly could have played my 360 version and still had the same experience. Right now I am picking up where I left off in A Plague Tale. Trying to get reacquainted with the controls.
The gaming industry gets away with a lot. Its because the players allow them to, theres always an outcry about how someone is never going to buy a title from [publisher name] ever again because [title name] was [Buggy / Rip Off / DRM / Day 1 DLC / P2W / Micro-transactions]. Then said publishers releases the trailer for [Title], everyone still vows never to buy it but they've all secretly pre-ordered it because early pre-order got you an exclusive [Gun / Armour / Quest / in Game Currency / A Plastic Toy / A Limited Edition Nylon Bag / A Special 'I'm a Gullible Twat' Sticker']. The game then goes on to sell record amount of copies and the loop continues.

Reactions: Bonnar426

·
The American Psycho
6,897 Posts
Alright, just finished A Plague Tale. This was a good game and I am happy to have finally finished it. I can honestly say it was better gaming experience then most AAA games out on the market.

I might give The Sinking City a go. I'm a big fan of H.P. Lovecraft so playing a game based on his work is a must for me. Of Course, I still have to finish the other Lovecraft game I bought, The Call of Cthulhu. I wasn't sure what to make of that one. Its not bad but its another one of those games that require a lot of stealth. One level actually reminded me of the first level of The Evil Within. You had to hide in closets and lockers to avoid detection from a monster that wanted to rip you to shreds.

·
Premium Member
6,679 Posts
I'm not gaming atm.

Definitely want to get into game dev and making games though.

Its such a massive time sink requiring ridiculous hours to get anything done. We'll see how far I get with that.

·
The American Psycho
6,897 Posts
I'm not gaming atm.

Definitely want to get into game dev and making games though.

Its such a massive time sink requiring ridiculous hours to get anything done. We'll see how far I get with that.
I hope you achieve that goal. What kind of game are you hoping to make?

Finished Call of Cthulhu. Not sure how I should rate this one. There were levels that seemed challenging like trying to escape a mental institution undetected or hiding from a monster by hiding in closets. Then there were other levels that was ridiculously simple like it was just slapped together on a moments notice. Some story elements went nowhere. For instance, this story led us to believe that a certain crime boss would play a bigger roll but ended up being largely forgotten and useless. However, the story did keep me entertained up until the end. Its definitely one of those games where the bad ending was the best ending.

I didn't play much of The Sinking City. The minute I heard the word "refugee" I had a bad feeling. Apparently all the fish people from Innsmouth moved into Oakmont and the Ape people despises them. Yes, there are ape people in this game. I haven't read all of Lovecraft's work so I have no idea where the apes come from. However, I have read Shadow over Innsmouth and I can tell you the fish people are anything but sympathetic. So I lost all interest in this game within the first hour.

Right now, I went back to playing Death Stranding. The last time I played this I put at least 17 hours into this game and all I was doing was delivering packages and doing a lot of backtracking. I soon lost interest and moved on to something else. Not sure why I wanted to play this again. I got a little further and the story is starting to get interesting. I almost fainted when I got to episode 5. It actually put me in a gun battle with undead soldiers. I was finally doing something other then backtracking. I am curious on where this game is going so I might stick with it a little longer..

·
The 55%
16,517 Posts
Still wanting to grab Death Stranding but they aren't dropping the prices.

Played Civilisation for the first time when it was free. **** that's an addicting game. Been playing UFC 3 online a bit, becoming the online Artem Lobov, and just got Days Gone which is pretty decent so far.

·
Administrator
15,527 Posts
Damn, Horizon Zero Dawn is legit. Finally got around to playing it, very surprised at how good it is. I was not expecting that good of combat, or story, or world.

·
The American Psycho
6,897 Posts
Still wanting to grab Death Stranding but they aren't dropping the prices.

Played Civilisation for the first time when it was free. **** that's an addicting game. Been playing UFC 3 online a bit, becoming the online Artem Lobov, and just got Days Gone which is pretty decent so far.
You're probably better off buying it on Ebay. Like I said, the story is interesting enough but the gameplay can get a bit dry. Its interesting that you have to figure out the best route to go when delivering packages while avoiding BT's and MULES (Bandits). What is interesting about the MULES is the game actually discourages you from killing them. If you kill one and don't dispose of the body its pretty much game over. Where it does get dry is the backtracking. You will find that you will be delivering packages to the same distribution centers just so you can get a higher approval rating. Trying to get a 5 star approval rating will take hours of delivering cargo and lost packages.

Well, I got to get back to it. Mama provided me with a zip line so I am going to have fun with that.

11321 - 11340 of 11350 Posts