Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
KImbo was in the early days in the UFC? How would he do? I know he cant compete with todays well rounded fighters, but how would a prime Kimbo do against lets say ...Tank Abott in the early days in the UFC? Obviously they are both street fighters... So how would he do in the early UFC tournaments?

·
Registered
413 Posts
Yeah, back then if he was well conditioned he could have been a threat. He has pretty good boxing skills and obviously hits extremely hard. In his fight agains Sean Gannon he wasn’t able to get an early knock out so he was completely gassed after about 10 minute and the fight had to be stopped.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Severn, Gracie, Taktarov, Shamrock, Frye, Coleman, Tank Abbott, all wouldve handled Kimbo. NO QUESTION ABOUT IT!!!!!!!!! The only guy he wouldve have a chance against was Tank Abbott. Even then it would be a battle of attrition (who was in better shape). He couldve brawled with Shamrock but Shamrock wouldve tried to submit him. Gracie wouldve caught Kimbo making a mistake and wouldve submitted him. Frye wouldve out boxed him, and Severn and Coleman wouldve taken him down and pounded him into oblivion. He wouldve broken his hands on Taktarov's head and then Taktarov wouldve taken him down and submitted him.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Do any of you guys remember Paul Varelans? He was that big offensive tackle that was in a couple of the early UFC's? I think him and Kimbo wouldve made an excellent matchup, and possibly Pat Smith as well.

·
attention whore
14,445 Posts
Kimbo wouldn't know how to react towards Ken's leglocks.

Kimbo would be like Tank, but with more accurate punches. He'll get a few wins over bums, but then be exposed as a one trick pony when he faces someone with decent knowledge on the ground(Or good wrestling). Then a Brazilian would come in and knock him out in embarrassing fashion.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Damone said:
Kimbo wouldn't know how to react towards Ken's leglocks.

Kimbo would be like Tank, but with more accurate punches. He'll get a few wins over bums, but then be exposed as a one trick pony when he faces someone with decent knowledge on the ground(Or good wrestling). Then a Brazilian would come in and knock him out in embarrassing fashion.
I agree whole heartedly. But I would enjoyed seeing him fight back then. When it would come down to him fighting Severn, Coleman, Shamrock, Gracie, or anyone that wasn't 1-dimensional he'd get owned. Him and Tank would've been a 45 second slugfest with it easily going either way. Tank has that iron chin but Kimbo has got to have 6-7 inches of a reach advantage at the very least so it would've been vastly entertaining in my mind.

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Kimbo's got no ground game.....you saw him against Sean Gannon lol they had to stand up a shit load of times cuz neither of em knew what to do

·
I eat babies
7,647 Posts
Guys Kimbo can't fight for shit unless he snorts a couple lines first. The only way he would do even decent back then is if he could get away with snorting a few grams in between the fights. I'd like to see Kimbo on coke vs. Bob Sapp or Kimbo on coke vs. Tank Abbott but Kimbo not on coke vs. Anyone, Kimbo would get slaughtered. Kimbo wouldn't stand a chance against anyone without his precious cocaine.

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
WouldLuv2FightU said:
Guys Kimbo can't fight for shit unless he snorts a couple lines first. The only way he would do even decent back then is if he could get away with snorting a few grams in between the fights. I'd like to see Kimbo on coke vs. Bob Sapp or Kimbo on coke vs. Tank Abbott but Kimbo not on coke vs. Anyone, Kimbo would get slaughtered. Kimbo wouldn't stand a chance against anyone without his precious cocaine.
how do u know he is all geeked out when he fights?? personally if you got all the top heavyweights in the world and saw them fight b4 they trained any mma, im sure Kimbo beats most of them..i think if he trained mma for a few years he could get some wins in the UFC..i think he'd beat monson right now :laugh:

·
1 2 3 Blast Off!
2,972 Posts
WouldLuv2FightU said:
lol. i don't think he does coke...but he does eat bread:laugh:
He has got a good stand up and great chin. He would have done well in the early ufcs....probably could have beaten most of the competition including ken:D

·
I eat babies
7,647 Posts
No, he's a massive cokehead...I got inside info...that fight in your sig DLT....He leaves and goes around back in the middle of it to snort a little more....you can't see him do it on camera, but I've heard from plenty of people that he fights every fight loaded.

·
1 2 3 Blast Off!
2,972 Posts
WouldLuv2FightU said:
No, he's a massive cokehead...I got inside info...that fight in your sig DLT....He leaves and goes around back in the middle of it to snort a little more....you can't see him do it on camera, but I've heard from plenty of people that he fights every fight loaded.
O when he was refering to his "bread" that was actually crack?:laugh:

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
I actually think alot of guys do coke before a fight. i guarantee theres alot more snorting goin on than most people think. Ive seen both Chuck and Tito in between rd 1 and 2 of fights taking big sniffs in their corner. And it looked like a sniff someone does after they do coke if anyone knows what I mean. BJ also looked pretty coked up before UFC 63. Not saying these guys did for sure, but I wouldnt be surprised to hear of any fighter doing it.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
He would have been another version of Pat Smith or Gary Goodridge except lose more and be not as good. But the same type of striker.

·
I eat babies
7,647 Posts
asskicker said:
I actually think alot of guys do coke before a fight. i guarantee theres alot more snorting goin on than most people think. Ive seen both Chuck and Tito in between rd 1 and 2 of fights taking big sniffs in their corner. And it looked like a sniff someone does after they do coke if anyone knows what I mean. BJ also looked pretty coked up before UFC 63. Not saying these guys did for sure, but I wouldnt be surprised to hear of any fighter doing it.
Yea Penn looks like a massive coke fiend with all that facial twitching going on lol. But he's always been like that especially in the early days. I think it's just a wierd twitch but he could be doin coke for all I know. Do you think the UFC and Nevada State Athletic Commission would allow Tito and Chuck to do coke DURING a fight hahaha? You could be right though, none of us will ever know prolly.

BJ twitches like a rabbit in his early days. It was really annoying, but it looks like he's gotten it kinda under control since then.

·
I eat babies
7,647 Posts
doublelegtakedown said:
O when he was refering to his "bread" that was actually crack?:laugh:
I don't know lol but he doesn't smoke crack, he snorts cocaine, there's a big difference bewteen the 2 surprisingly even though they both come from the same plant. I don't know about that "bread" but it could be ghetto slang for coke for all we know? I highly doubt he eats bread in order to fight well though :laugh:

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
The sniff is a sign of exaustion (spelling?) or sweating not a sign of doing crack, if steroids are highly illegal I don't think any of the fighters would do crack unless they are some idiot or former gangster like Shonie Carter.

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Ok guys I dont do alot of drugs, just pot so dont judge me. But you smoke crack you dont snort it, and all crack is, is mainly baking soda, a little coke, and spit cooked on a spoon. It just seemed like some people were confused. I didnt mean they did lines during the match I meant they were sniffing like they snorted something earlier. And I know the difference between sniffing as a sign of exhaustion and sniffing after coke, and these looked like coke to me. Ive been around alot of coke so Im familiar. Again Im not saying they do it, I just think alot of people do. Cokes only in your system for like 5 days so the fact they get tested really isnt an issue.

·
I eat babies
7,647 Posts
asskicker said:
Ok guys I dont do alot of drugs, just pot so dont judge me. But you smoke crack you dont snort it, and all crack is, is mainly baking soda, a little coke, and spit cooked on a spoon. It just seemed like some people were confused. I didnt mean they did lines during the match I meant they were sniffing like they snorted something earlier. And I know the difference between sniffing as a sign of exhaustion and sniffing after coke, and these looked like coke to me. Ive been around alot of coke so Im familiar. Again Im not saying they do it, I just think alot of people do. Cokes only in your system for like 5 days so the fact they get tested really isnt an issue.
I knew you weren't talking about crack, that was on the Kimbo topic, but at first I thought you meant you saw them sniffin coke in their corner, but I see what you mean now, they got the coke head twitch. I don't do coke either and never have, but being a pothead I hang around my fair share of coke heads so I know what you're talking about, I just have never noticed anyone except BJ do it.

But I could definately picture both Liddell and Ortiz being coke sniffers. They both like to go clubbing and club hopping and shit and if you do that stuff all the time your bound to snort a little coke here and there. We all know Liddell likes the booze, and Tito definately LOOKS like a partier. And I am aware that coke is still a thriving drug, it's just that no one is open about it like they were in the 80s, nobody wants anyone to know they do it cuz it's shameful and is frowned upon nowadays. But people still do it and Tito and Chuck are both people...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts