Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Remember the first time they fought it will end the same way KO in the first round Babalu is out of his league.

I don't think Chuck will be beaten for a long time i cant think of anyone in the UFC capable of defeating Chuck.

·
Banned
338 Posts
As others have said, Babalu is next. If He loses then maybe Rampage will finaly make the move to the UFC to stop Chuck again and take the belt. I believe that Jackson would do much better in UFC cage than he did in the Pride ring.

·
Registered
50 Posts
The Don said:
Well I do not think he is ready for chuck yet, looks like he has lots of potential to get alot better from what I have seen.
I agree Forrest is the future in a few years he will be great but at the moment hed be annhiliated by Chuck it would be Rich Franklin vs Nathan Quarry all over again it would end the same way too

·
Banned
338 Posts
UFCFAN33 said:
LOL that was sweet when Rich Franklin made Quarry his Beoutch:laugh:
Yeah, and after they had built Quarry up to be the next big thing in the MW division. I am looking foward to the same thing happening to Leben if he ever gets a shot at Franklin.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What if Babalu cannot do it

Do you think that by the time someone is ready to take down Chuck he will be passed his prime?

·
True Grappler
6,222 Posts
donttap said:
Do you think that by the time someone is ready to take down Chuck he will be passed his prime?
Maybe or maybe not. There certainly isn't anyone right now that can stand with Chuck, regardless of what Brandon Vera thinks.

Chuck is definitely the most dominant Lightheavyweight I've ever watched, plus he's just destroyed some of the best in the business. He's got a hell of a resume.

·
Banned
338 Posts
IronMan said:
Maybe or maybe not. There certainly isn't anyone right now that can stand with Chuck, regardless of what Brandon Vera thinks.

Chuck is definitely the most dominant Lightheavyweight I've ever watched, plus he's just destroyed some of the best in the business. He's got a hell of a resume.
I am assuming that you are talking about in the UFC only, because there are pleanty of 205 lb fighters out there that can stand with Chuck right now. For example...

Rua
Silva
Jackson
Vovchanchyn
Lil Nog
Rutten (If he cuts down to 205)
Rizzo (If he cut down to LHW, even though I know you think he would lose)

That is just naming a few of the more known fighters at 205 who could stand with Liddell.

·
Registered
30 Posts
IronMan said:
Watch them both fight again,
and again,
and again.

If you still think the same thing, you don't know fighting.

But then again, if you see my blog, I might be bias.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Within the UFC Vera is the only person even close to being a threat and he really isn't one he's just the only person close. Outside of the UFC as mentioned there are a lot of contenders but I still don't think anyone is better. Silva used to be but has lost a step in his last few fights.

·
True Grappler
6,222 Posts
USMCgrappler said:
Watch them both fight again,
and again,
and again.

If you still think the same thing, you don't know fighting.

But then again, if you see my blog, I might be bias.
I have watched them both fight and I have to tell you, Vera would get the crap kicked out of him if he stepped in the ring with Chuck and I have three reasons why:
1) Vera does all of his damage while standing from the clinch, Chuck is way too good a fighter and way to smart to clinch with a Muay Thai fighter.
2) Vera doesn't have the takedowns to put the fight on the ground. It was too hard for him to take down Scherner and, basically, Scherner sucks.
3) Chuck has KOs over strikers with faster hands than Vera, Randleman and Babalu for starters.

I am just talking about UFC, if we're talking all of MMA, I think he's number 3 or 4 (Rampage, Nog and Silva are probably better than Chuck).

1 - 20 of 104 Posts