Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Other (Please specify)

Votes: 2 4.7%
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
"Focus"
10,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone has a favorite fighter, so I ask you this, what made him your favorite?

Mine is a toss up between Dan Henderson and Frank Shamrock. I don't know why I like Frank tbh haha, I was always a fan but when he beat Tito at UFC 22 I was sold haha.

Dan Henderson is because of his personality and he's just a great fighter, he never does anything to disrespect anyone and he's a really down to earth guy.

·
The Title Guy
18,060 Posts
The Natural

I like Randy Couture because he just goes in there and bashes no matter who he is going against and he pulls upsets alot!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I like Michael bisping because of his british sense of humour (alot of americans dont get it though), and the respect he shows for other fighters too... and what he has done for mma in england, and also john hathaway for his humbleness and he is a very good sportsman :)

·
Registered
121 Posts
i have 3 in 3 different sports so here goes..

MMA:
-Talent
-Rampage Jackson
-I think i don't need to explain why..if the guy was just a bit more dedicated to becoming a COMPLETE fighter, he'd be unstopable, literally!

K-1:
-Other (determination) + talent
-Buakaw Por Pramuk
-Well those guys (thai) value quantity over quality when it comes to training so i don't need to explain how many hours per day they spend training plus the guy's very talented and his kickboxing record speaks for itself!

MUAY THAI: (thai rules, similar to k-1 but yet so different :p)
-Talent + First fight i've seen
-Saenchai Sor Kingstar
-I don't have to mention that he's my overall favorite fighter cus my nickname says it all :D ... the reasons of why is that so are ... well just go on youtube, type saenchai and you'll see. :D

It's needless to say that i value talent alot and i've got nose for it! But when it comes to picking the best fighters i value hard work as much as talent or even more! Those fighters who came from trash can to the top are standing very high in my eyes even if their career has ups and downs i see them as great warriors! I could name some but i'll keep my current choice of those 3 cus they really are my favorites when it comes to each of those sports so adding someone else would make it 2nd best heh :)

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Sexyama

i chose other because of Akiyama's style and sex appeal... no joke

·
Abusive
1,806 Posts
My favorite fighter is Rich Franklin. The guy is such a good idol for young people, especially showing that you don't have to disrespect someone just because they're your opponent. He has respected every fighter he's ever fought, and there is a reason why Rich has never been "hated" by anyone.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
...Cool as ice...

...Chuck's amazing confidence. His once unstoppable stuff & bang style. The "Mike Tyson" effect he once had. Liddell's many hilarious moments humiliating Tito. His layed-back attitude and cool approach to his fans. Chuck did an appearance at a Circuit City in Cali back in Nov 06'. This cool chick I met on Pokerstars went there and actually dialed my cell and handed it to Chuck. He left me a voicemail saying "Hey ---- this is Chuck Liddell, I just wanted to say hi man". I had missed the call, then played the message and my jaw dropped. I was like no way. She called me back and said yes way.
She also got me a personalized autograph as well. I wish I knew where she went to. A true Cali girl. Anyway, I finally met him at UFC 88 here in Atlanta, Georgia.(Unfortunately, Evans put him out cold)! Now after reading his book, it's all come full circle. Win or lose, Chuck will always be my favorite fighter. End of story... pretty cool eh??

·
Super Ultra Great Delicious Wonderful
6,517 Posts
Anderson Silva and Badr Hari are my favorite fighters because of a combination of skill level, flashy finishes, and personality.

·
MMA Patriot
4,003 Posts
Although there are many other fighters I like rich Franklin is my favorite hands down. Rich came to Louisville once and I met him and talked to him for a while. I also have a subscription to the Franklin equation email. From what I have read from those and the time I got to talk to him he is one of the nicest deepest guys you will ever meet.

·
It Lurks...
676 Posts
Wanderlei is and always will be my favourite fighter. I went with the "talent" option but its really all of the above. Pretty much anyone who has met him in person (besides Rampage) says what a class act he is, and he never ever puts on a dull show.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I like Sakuraba. Whene I first started watching MMA I was amazed by Royce Gracie. Like a lot of people, I presumed that martial arts were all about kung fu kicks and karate chops and then I saw this guy doing all these takedowns and submissions and it was really eye opening. The when I heard about the 'Gracie Hunter' I was even more impressed. After watching his fights and seeing how mad and entertaining he was Kazushi Sakuraba has always been my favourite.

·
-Raids Into Transylvania-
3,029 Posts
I'd like to say Personality and Heart, but also talent. I like Forrest because of his heart, determination and obviously his personality. Same goes for Pat Barry. With BJ I was first purely impressed by his talent, but I came to like him when I read a little more about him.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Fedor, because:

-he does not display emotion and always seems in control of himself during fights

-he overcomes adversity and finds ways to win

-he is so well rounded

-he excells (or at least, he used to)

-he fights to win

-his performances lit my passion for watching mma

-His coach remembers that ten-year-old Emelianenko was relatively weak physically and did not have an innate grappling talent; instead, his biggest strength was his perseverance and strong will.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts