Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Which nation will have its UFC champ 1st?

• Australia

Votes: 28 38.4%
  • England

Votes: 37 50.7%
  • Germany Or Russia

Votes: 8 11.0%
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
You're not terribly important to me
15,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Australia
England
Russia

·
Registered
143 Posts
I chose England. Not because I believe that they have some "WoW OMGWTFBBQ" fighter lined up, but rather, because Dana literally builds up fighters from other places as if they were juggernauts to break into their market.

Right now it's all about the English dudes. He'll keep giving some of them title shots and sooner or later one will hit pay dirt.

Also, Arlovski is announced as being a Bela-Russian. So.. take that as you will.

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts
Hmmmmm thats a tuffy .......What about Japan?
Sakuraba was UFC champ technically.

I'm going with England here. There aren't too many Australians in the UFC who are championship material. I don't see Soti past BJ. If he somehow gets a title shot and Edgar is still champ it could happen, but I don't see it. Now there are a lot more Englishmen in the UFC. If GSP decides to move to MW or retire I think both Hardy and Hathaway have a shot, but ultimately it would either be Fitch, Koscheck or Shields.

I don't think Siver will ever be champ, but if so it would count for both Germany and Russia. :thumb02:

·
Registered
10,783 Posts
Either Pearson or Soti. I think within 2-3 years one of them will have touched gold, if not both.

·
Homicidal Maniac
6,197 Posts
That's a tough question. Of all the fighters from those regions in the UFC, George Strilopoulouspolousis is probably the best in his weight-class... So I'll go for Australia.
agreed, but this I see only in the case that some how the universe does not realign itself and bj does not win back his title next ppv. George is the best fighter that i see in the ufc from the places givin in this thread

·
of Nazareth
10,239 Posts
agreed, but this I see only in the case that some how the universe does not realign itself and bj does not win back his title next ppv. George is the best fighter that i see in the ufc from the places givin in this thread
Exactly. Its going to take some serious universal voo-doo for anybody from any of these countries to win gold any time soon. George simply requires slightly less favours from the juju man than the rest.

·
Registered
436 Posts
It's really a matter of Sotiropolous vs. Hathaway, Hardy, and Bisping; a race.

Of the three I listed, atm I'd say Sotiropolouls is closest to a title shot but...

I voted England; with soo many Brits, comparitively, the probability just seems to be in their favour.

·
Premium Member
476 Posts
It's really a matter of Sotiropolous vs. Hathaway, Hardy, and Bisping; a race.

Of the three I listed, atm I'd say Sotiropolouls is closest to a title shot but...

I voted England; with soo many Brits, comparitively, the probability just seems to be in their favour.
Yes that is correct, but I see it more as 10% chance being better than 5%.

·
of Nazareth
10,239 Posts
Yes that is correct, but I see it more as 10% chance being better than 5%.
Exactly.

Like, trying to jump 15 meters instead of 16.

... or trying to tackle a buffalo instead of an elephant.

... or Wandy making sense every 13th word instead of every 14th

... or our current prime minister being a complete and utter c*unt, instead of a complete and utter motherfucking c*unt.

innit?

·
Registered
436 Posts
Exactly.

Like, trying to jump 15 meters instead of 16.

... or trying to tackle a buffalo instead of an elephant.

... or Wandy making sense every 13th word instead of every 14th

... or our current prime minister being a complete and utter c*unt, instead of a complete and utter motherfucking c*unt.

innit?
Legend.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts