1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Struve: Brendan Schaub
Morecradt: Madsen
Hendricks: Swick
Boetsch: T. Silva (but probably Bones :-( )
Phil Davis: a step up in competition - maybe Vera?
Hazelett: Soto
Story: Matt Brown
Nelson: Yvel
JDS: Brock/Cain
Hughes: Hathaway/Pyle
Almeida: Matt Riddle
Guida: hmmmmm Gomi?
Dos Anjos: Griffin
Fitch: GSP/Kos
Alves: winner Thiago/Sanchez
Sonnen: Either rematch or Leben
Silva: Belfort or rematch

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Roy Nelson - Shane Carwin
Jds- Cain or brock
fitch - gsp (most likely)
Sonnen - Rematch w/ silva
Silva - see above

·
'England Elite'
5,028 Posts
Sonnen v Belcher
Nelson v Carwin

·
You're Welcome.
7,723 Posts
Struve vs. Schaub

Nelson vs. Carwin

JDS vs. Brock or Cain

Hughes vs. Winner of Thiago/Sanchez

Fitch vs. Winner of GSP/Koscheck (though I suspect Dana wants Fitch vs. Shields/Kampmann)

Alves vs. Loser of Thiago/Sanchez

Sonnen vs. Belcher

Silva vs. Belfort

·
Premium Member
9,481 Posts
Anderson Silva - Vitor Belfort
Junoir Dos Santos - Brock Lesnar
Chael Sonnen - Michael Bisping number 1 contender
Roy Nelson - Frank Mir if he puts Nog away convincingly, otherwise Shane Carwin for the next number one contender spot
Matt Hughes - Jon Fitch number 1 contender
Clay Guida - Joe Stevenson
Stefan Struve - Gilbert Yvel
Phil Davis - Jason Brilz

·
NO. 1 *BONER*
7,727 Posts
Struve vs. Mike Russow - battle of the comeback artists!!! :thumb02:
Nelson vs. Carwin
JDS vs. Brock/Cain
Hughes vs. Jake Ellenberger/Dong Hyun Kim
Almedia - John Howard
Fitch vs. GSP/Koscheck
Alves vs. Hardy/Condit
Sonnen vs. Belcher or Okami
Silva vs. Belfort
Phil Davis - Brillz/Vera

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
Hughes > Shields/Kampmann
Almeida > Lytle
Nelson > Russow
Morecroft > Mitrione
Struve > Schaub
Alves > Johnson @ 185
Sonnen > Bisping/Akiyama
Silva > Nate/Palhares
Guida > Jim Miller

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Silva should fight the winner of Okami/Vitor next.
Chael should fight the loser of Okami/Vitor or winner of Bisping/Akiyama for a title shot.

JDS gets winner of Brock/Cain obviuosly.
Roy Nelson..who cares? He got exposed for the gatekeeper that he is, let him fight Mir or Nog.

Jon Fitch gets GSP.
Alves should move up to MW and fight John Hathaway, that would be a fun fight.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Would like to see Roy fight Mir if he beats Nog.

·
NO. 1 *BONER*
7,727 Posts
Chael should fight the loser of Okami/Vitor or winner of Bisping/Akiyama for a title shot.

JDS gets winner of Brock/Cain obviuosly.
Roy Nelson..who cares? He got exposed for the gatekeeper that he is, let him fight Mir or Nog.

Jon Fitch gets GSP.
Alves should move up to MW and fight John Hathaway, that would be a fun fight.
Bisping/Akiyama winner one win away from a title shot?! NO WAY! None of them deserves it. Palhares/Marquardt both have better chances of getting a shot faster. And thers's Belcher or Maia out there for Bisping/Akiyama.

Nelson is by no means a gatekeeper. He is legit. He just gor beat in the title-shot eliminator by a fighter who destroyed all oh his previous opponents in the UFC and is considered one of the best HWs in the world.

Alves to MW?! Not such a bad idea imo. But not Hathaway. Hathaway is at WW.:)

·
Premium Member
9,481 Posts
Bisping/Akiyama winner one win away from a title shot?! NO WAY! None of them deserves it. Palhares/Marquardt both have better chances of getting a shot faster. And thers's Belcher or Maia out there for Bisping/Akiyama.

Nelson is by no means a gatekeeper. He is legit. He just gor beat in the title-shot eliminator by a fighter who destroyed all oh his previous opponents in the UFC and is considered one of the best HWs in the world.

Alves to MW?! Not such a bad idea imo. But not Hathaway. Hathaway is at WW.:)
As far as I'm concerned JDS is the number 2 HW in the world. With wins over the number Werdum(3), Nelson (10) Cro-Cop (11), Gonzaga (15ish), Struve (20ish).

As for Bisping getting a shot, y'know wins over Miller, Akiyama, and Sonnen would make him the clear number 1 contender. Though I don't think he'll get past Chael.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Roy Nelson just lost to a top 5 heavyweights, and people want him up against Carwin? (who is still in the top 5 IMO).

I say put him up against Frank Mir, that would be a solid fight for him (of course if Mir can beat Nog). If not Nog for sure.

I have to agree with Rogan though in that the whole 'fat boy' persona is getting old pretty quickly. Time for him to really put some thought in conditioning, and eating right instead of being a poster boy for fat guys. I can only imagine how devestating he would be with a chin like he has, the ju-jitsu he has, and the one punch power he has being out of shape.

I'm not saying get shredded, but at least stay in a fight for 3 full rounds.

Anyway on to everyone else, Chael did fantastic, but I think immediate rematches go to those who really were robbed in a fight, in this case, Chael wasn't robbed, he just got caught. Regardless of how he "talks" about how he feels about Ju-Jitsu, he has to study it a bit more (and you know he did, seeing that he was doing all the right defense moves).

Did anyone else love his flying summersault in the first round...lol brilliant!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.