Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
61 - 73 of 73 Posts
Started in Kenpo, moved to Jeet Kuen Do, and then finally to Muay-Thai and Brazilian JJ with Relson Gracie. MY and BJJ were the best. I went 5-1-1 in smaller shows before giving it up. It didn't make much sense to risk 600$ in dental work to win a 1000$ prize.

Relson's BJJ started with attacks and escapes from the mount. And even the black belts from Rio drilled that and the guard more than anything.

Im not as well rounded as id like to be. The only styles i have trained in are wrestling styles, meaning folkstyle, roman grecco, and freestyle wrestling. I plan on learning jui jit su in a club, next year at my school though.

I have trained in the following:

Karate
TKD (both when i was very young)

Karate (again when i was 12 till 15)
Krav Maga (anyone else tried it?)
Ninjitsu
Muay thai

currently i am training at Advance Martial Arts in brisbane australia in:
Boxing, kickboxing, BJJ and Greco/freestyle wrestling

Im also a personal trainer and so im very keen for strength training

Discussion starter · #67 ·
the trainer said:
I have trained in the following:

Karate
TKD (both when i was very young)

Karate (again when i was 12 till 15)
Krav Maga (anyone else tried it?)
Ninjitsu
Muay thai

currently i am training at Advance Martial Arts in brisbane australia in:
Boxing, kickboxing, BJJ and Greco/freestyle wrestling

Im also a personal trainer and so im very keen for strength training
I have heard of Krav Maga in passing but know nothing about it... please feel free to add more info on it... Where did you study Nijitsu.. It is one of my styles

Many of them

Ju-Jitsu
Judo Wrestling
Freestyle
Karate
Boxing
Muy Thai
Shamrock Submission Fighting

some of you guys train in ninjutsu? I want to learn it badly, no academies around though. I thought it's died out though.

Discussion starter · #69 ·
Venom said:
Ju-Jitsu
Judo Wrestling
Freestyle
Karate
Boxing
Muy Thai
Shamrock Submission Fighting

some of you guys train in ninjutsu? I want to learn it badly, no academies around though. I thought it's died out though.
depending where in NY you are there is one on longisland.. I used to attend it It was in the Babylon/north babylon area...Sensi Alberigo ( I think that is the spelling) Awsome school.. you actualy have to earn your white belt

Whats up guys...I train with the Wing Chun Kali Systems and the Behring Ju Jitsu Academy of Puerto Rico....

Wing Chun (the spinal cord of everything I do)
Kali (stick/knife fighting...the original dirty boxing)
Boxing
BJJ
Silat (some takedowns and sweeps)
I did some Southern Praying Mantis for about 4 months
One class of wrestling (looking forward for more training in it)

My training was mostly for street fighting but for a while I been modifying it to MMA....never had an organize bout (just some street fights and sparring) but been wanting to start fighting MMA....

Peace

Discussion starter · #71 ·
Deadly Poet said:
Whats up guys...I train with the Wing Chun Kali Systems and the Behring Ju Jitsu Academy of Puerto Rico....

Wing Chun (the spinal cord of everything I do)
Kali (stick/knife fighting...the original dirty boxing)
Boxing
BJJ
Silat (some takedowns and sweeps)
I did some Southern Praying Mantis for about 4 months
One class of wrestling (looking forward for more training in it)

My training was mostly for street fighting but for a while I been modifying it to MMA....never had an organize bout (just some street fights and sparring) but been wanting to start fighting MMA....

Peace
keep us posted if you get into an offical MMA fight perhaps some video if possible I would love to see that combination of style at work in an MMA fight..

The Don said:
keep us posted if you get into an offical MMA fight perhaps some video if possible I would love to see that combination of style at work in an MMA fight..
its gonna be hard I'll try....I might have to move to the states to get into official MMA fights...they had vale tudo here but they arent doing it no more...

Discussion starter · #73 ·
Deadly Poet said:
its gonna be hard I'll try....I might have to move to the states to get into official MMA fights...they had vale tudo here but they arent doing it no more...
hey regardless... good luck that jsut sounds like an interesting combo of styles.. I Like see odd parings like that.. everyone is training in the same basic stuff nowadays that fighters will all be thge same if new styles are not added

61 - 73 of 73 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.