Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know he did a bit of film work, but seriously where the hell has he gone? I know he isn't relivant to the HW title picture but he managed to go 3 rounds with Brock, is a better gatekeeper than someone like Kongo imo and would be a great test for an up and coming HW! I'm gonna go out and say it i miss Heath!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Is it really that easy to land a movie, especially if you're a C class fighter? I like him though so best of luck.
It probably helps that he's a big, tough-looking dude. I'd expect any UFC fighter with decent English could get a part (and even the crap parts paying scale give more money than fights if you've never been champion) if he's:

1. a heavyweight (enforcer/Ron Perlman support types)
2. ripped/good-looking (athletic marketable type)
3. has mad skills that look good on camera (this probably applies to stand-up more than grappling skills)

Of course, C-level movie roles don't last forever unless you're actually good at it or they find a good marketing angle you can build momentum on. Kinda like C-level fighters, really.

·
Banned
2,638 Posts
Jon Robinson: You had a human video game moment when you punched Heath Herring and sent him tumbling. What goes through your mind when you strike somebody that hard and watch as they roll?

Brock Lesnar: Finish the job. And you know what, that was one tough son of a b---- because he took another 14 minutes of ass whuppin' before I put him into retirement. He hasn't fought since I broke his f---ing head. I was surprised when the fight wasn't over after that first punch, but that is one tough dude.
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2010/4/14/1420734/brock-lesnar-talks-royce-gracie
brock smash

·
The American Psycho
6,946 Posts
I only saw Heath Herring act once and I have to say he wasn't bad. Then again it was in the movie Never Surrender.:doh01: Probably the only reason he looked so good in that movie is because everyone else was so terrible in comparison.

·
Registered
342 Posts
This isn't boxing, we don't need a weight class every five pounds. If you can't compete with HWs and your 225 or 230 cut and fight at 205.....
205-265 is a BIG gap.
I understand that size makes less of a difference at the higher weights (I wrestled at 275 when I weighed 230 in high school) but it still matters amongst equally skilled fighters.

Just for an example, think of Big Nog fighting against Brock.
Nog would have no chance against Brock at 265, but if he fought some theoretical wrestler that was as skilled as Brock but was 225 he would have a chance to sweep and sub him.

Heath is another guy who has good skills but isnt quite big enough for the true HWs. I doubt Heath would ever win a belt at 225, but he would be a contender.

If Cain and JDS end up ruling the HW division next year then I'll probably start to agree with you though.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.