Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After his first loss in damn near 4 years, where does Babalu go from here? Who does the UFC give him to hopefully get him back into the title picture. Its pretty clear to me that Tito is #1 contender for the strap, but you'd still have to give Babalu some honorable mention. Maybe do what they did with Tito and put Babalu up against a former TUF guy? Maybe even a Forrest Griffin, a Michael Bisping, or for an easy win, Stephan Bonnar lol. Its interesting to see whats gonna happen with him from here, but mark my word I have a feeling Babalu will hold the LHW title one day (granted he doesnt have to go through Chuck to get it) haha
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
540 Posts
CTFlyingKnee said:
After his first loss in damn near 4 years, where does Babalu go from here? Who does the UFC give him to hopefully get him back into the title picture. Its pretty clear to me that Tito is #1 contender for the strap, but you'd still have to give Babalu some honorable mention. Maybe do what they did with Tito and put Babalu up against a former TUF guy? Maybe even a Forrest Griffin, a Michael Bisping, or for an easy win, Stephan Bonnar lol. Its interesting to see whats gonna happen with him from here, but mark my word I have a feeling Babalu will hold the LHW title one day (granted he doesnt have to go through Chuck to get it) haha
Whos next for babalu two words...Danny Abaddi!:D
 

·
I eat babies
Joined
·
7,647 Posts
MMA1990 said:
Whos next for babalu two words...Danny Abaddi!:D
Yea he needs someone to take his frustration out on. And who better than a flaming homosexual named Danny Abbadi??? A flaming homosexual named Kendal Grove? Or maybe that flaming homosexual Mike Stines? Then there's that other flaming homosexual Jesse Forbes. Oh and we can't forget that one flaming homosexual, what's his name, Rory Singer. Sorry to go off topic but I was just remembering how gay TUF3 was.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
we can always bring back Noah and feed him to Babalu lol....but then he will most likely have to leave halfway through the first round because someone told his girlfriend he was cheating on her with Babalu
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
77 Posts
who knows but i would like to see him fight tito. iv like sobral from 55 i dont know something stood out ...maby just my fav triange choke
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yellow man said:
who knows but i would like to see him fight tito. iv like sobral from 55 i dont know something stood out ...maby just my fav triange choke
Ive been a fan of him for a while, and actually had the pleasure of meeting him at 55, it was at the Mohegan Sun here in Connecticut. Seems like a very friendly guy, and after that he became one of my favorites......it also didnt hurt his cause that he triangled the life outta Chael Sonnen that night haha
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
540 Posts
CTFlyingKnee said:
we can always bring back Noah and feed him to Babalu lol....but then he will most likely have to leave halfway through the first round because someone told his girlfriend he was cheating on her with Babalu
LMFAO good one. sorry for kinda spamming your thread. I seriously dont see Babalu stepping back into the octagon again.I think hes had enough humiliation for one lifetime.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
MMA1990 said:
LMFAO good one. sorry for kinda spamming your thread. I seriously dont see Babalu stepping back into the octagon again.I think hes had enough humiliation for one lifetime.
haha its ok but i think you over-spammed w/ the comment about humiliation. The man is 27-6 and all of his losses were against big name guys: Liddell, Liddell, Hendo, Randleman, Fedor, Overeem. Hes got nothing to be ashamed of, esp beating big names like Horn and Shogun. I think he'll be back, I hope at least lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
540 Posts
CTFlyingKnee said:
haha its ok but i think you over-spammed w/ the comment about humiliation. The man is 27-6 and all of his losses were against big name guys: Liddell, Liddell, Hendo, Randleman, Fedor, Overeem. Hes got nothing to be ashamed of, esp beating big names like Horn and Shogun. I think he'll be back, I hope at least lol
good points.your right.OK im done hoging up the thread now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
369 Posts
No way does the post #1 contender for the 205 div not fight in the Octagon again. He'll get someone else, I think the only person in the UFC other than Chuck that would give him a hard time is Tito, Forest maybe. But anyone else he will dominate.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
77 Posts
i think it might be forest that he fights next cause tito is going be busy with liddell and shamrock (i know the liddel vs tito hasnt been made offical but what i think is next)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
794 Posts
Babalu just prolly needs some time off then get back into it again, to be honest i cant see anyone beating chuck right now. Im sure Babalu will be back....but he is better than almost all UFC fighters other than , well.....Chuck.

He is a top guy and a great MMA fighter, maybe go to PRIDE even....but no i think he will be back but not for 3-4 UFC's yet.
 

·
canadian champ
Joined
·
1,522 Posts
Babalu will have to fight forrest. That's the only smart thing. Or forrest fight's rhashed and the winner fight's babalu. Either way he isn't done. He still is a very good fighter.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
CTFlyingKnee said:
After his first loss in damn near 4 years, where does Babalu go from here? Who does the UFC give him to hopefully get him back into the title picture. Its pretty clear to me that Tito is #1 contender for the strap, but you'd still have to give Babalu some honorable mention. Maybe do what they did with Tito and put Babalu up against a former TUF guy? Maybe even a Forrest Griffin, a Michael Bisping, or for an easy win, Stephan Bonnar lol. Its interesting to see whats gonna happen with him from here, but mark my word I have a feeling Babalu will hold the LHW title one day (granted he doesnt have to go through Chuck to get it) haha
The bread line!!lol
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
2,161 Posts
The sad thing is, if chuck is smart he'll go out on top. Retire while the champ.

Sooner or later he will get caught, it always happen.

As for Sobral, the guy is pretty good. Has a great record, but he cant get past chuck liddell so what can he do :dunno: Nobody wants to be 2nd place their whole life. :thumbsdown:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
669 Posts
I'd like to see him fight another kickboxer/jiu jitsu fighter and that'd be Michael Bisping.

I don't think it will happen because Mike's only fought 1 official fight in the UFC and it was against a fat sloppy windmill fighter (for those that don't know windmilling is when you put your head down and just throw your arms around) who got lucky by not getting submited by jesse forbes who sucks even more then he does.

Anyways i hope sobral is back, i really would hate for him to go out with a naisty 0-2 record against chuck liddell. I personally think he'll fight Forrest Griffen just because of griffen's win, and griffen just fought tito a while back. So thats my best guest.

Or maybe even someone like Rashad Evans? who knows.

I do know one thing, UFC will be trying to match Evans up with someone that has never gone to decision in a fight. I know Lambert is a rumor going around for rashads next fight.
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top