Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was really impressed with him last night. When he got dropped i was thinking not this again but his bottom game was excellent. He neutralised Kang's ground game and recovered. The second round he came out, showed his versatility, took Kang down, controlled him well and then eventually finished him. For me it was his best perfmonance inside the octagon and im sure he will get more respect as a result of yesterday's performance.

The m/w division isnt that stacked, you have Silva v Sexyama, Sonnen v Nate. The people that come to mind for Bisping to fight are either Okami or Maia. I personally think Okami would be a bigger test for Bisping as hes a strong dude with a good all round game. Maia has an amazing ground game but i think Bisping would do the old stick move and eventually finish Maia.

·
Premium Member
3,705 Posts
Kang is over hyped, I dont think he is really that good... Bisping looked like he was in a different division when they were on the ground. Kang is 2 small to compete with the type fighters in that division.

I am not trying to discredit his win or anything but I really dont know whos next for him.

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I saw cote in one of Dana's video blogs and he was at 220 i think. I did forget about him tho, however i dont think he will fight for atleast another 4 months or so

·
Registered
436 Posts
Personally, I'd like to see him fight Wandy, Cote, Akiyama, or even Belcher would be decent; I like the sound of Bisping vs. Belcher or Cote.

I actually think if Cang came in, in shape, he would have won the fight. Quite frankly, I don't think Bisping was any threat to him until he was tired; but that's part of the fight game I guess - come in shape!

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Throw him into the deep end. Time to put him up against the MW title contenders and see if he can hack it. He failed against Hendo, let's see if he can hang with Nate Marquardt & the others, it's time for him to step up and fight the best.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'd like to see him fight a current threat rather than someone who's had their time. I think Okami or Marquadt would be a real test for him. Was really impressed with his ground defense night but his chin is still a little suspect.

Would like to see him put to the test against some tougher current threats as opponents to prove he's a contender.

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
Winner of Anderson Silva/Vitor Belfort.

:thumb02:

Seriously, the winner Sexyama/Wandy please.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Bisping still looked gun-shy on the feet, the only time he had confidence was after he had Kang really hurt and battered. That being said, he recovered well from the right hand, and showed solid jitz regaining guard and limiting damage when he was on his back.

The most impressive part of Bisping's game is his ability to jump on his opponent when they're hurt. He attacks fearlessly and frenetically like a Wandy or Belfort. I have been a fan of Bisping since he dropped to MW, he is very explosive at 185.

Belcher would be an entertaining matchup, and favorable to Bisping's style.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Bisping was impressive in his win over Kang. He looked awesome on the ground...

However, you can see that he is still not 100% confident in his stand-up game....

I would like to see Bisping fight Maia or Belcher.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Bisping was impressive in his win over Kang. He looked awesome on the ground...

However, you can see that he is still not 100% confident in his stand-up game....

I would like to see Bisping fight Maia or Belcher.
I agree with this. Think if the UFC give Bisping, Maia that would give him a chance to find his striking game on the feet again.

Think Bisping V Belcher would be a good fight but another fighter which Bisping would be expected to win.

Think Bisping would be a good oppenent for Cote when he is back fighting. Cote is better in my opinion but coming back from injury can be hard.

·
ROCKET FISTS
5,743 Posts
IMO Maia or Marquardt would be a really bad matchup for Bisping and it wouldn't be a great way to get him back on track.

Belcher would be a good match though.

·
Registered
4,806 Posts
WAND, wanna see Bisping sent to the floor again. After the TUF win and following victories Bisping got cocky as hell. Hendo put him in his place. He seems a bit toned down now though....Thanks Danny:thumb02:

·
Registered
520 Posts
yea I still would really like to see him fight Wand, I don't think Wand is the fighter he was in pride ya know, but it would def be a big test for bisping to prove if he is or will ever be a legitimate threat to the title

·
Registered
179 Posts
Sadly I still don't think Bisping's striking would be good enough for Wandy. As much as I'm out for the count in terms of support. ;)

Still though, if he could take him down, he showed an excellent ground game against Kang, off his back and when pounding.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts