Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im thinking cote or marquardt. I think marquardt will be a huge test and a favourite but i think stylistically Cote would be a good opponent for Bisping. Cote is just coming of a loss as is marquardt so both need to work their way up, so yeah i guess either of those 2 guys. I was impressed with Bisping but last night but i think he needs to fight higher ranked opponents. The above 2 are both big names at m/w and i think either of the fights make sense at the moment.

Edit : I forgot about the palhares Marquardt fight, so im guessing unless Bisping is going to wait a bit of time before he fights next it will probably be Cote

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
Marquardt has to get passed Palhares first I feel, personally I think Palhares is going get the victory and cause an upset in that fight, but we will wait and see what happens.

As for Cote, since he lost his last fight to Belcher, I would say Belcher is the more obvious opponent for Bisping, Maia vs Cote seems a more obvious choice.

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Marquardt has to get passed Palhares first I feel, personally I think Palhares is going get the victory and cause an upset in that fight, but we will wait and see what happens.

As for Cote, since he lost his last fight to Belcher, I would say Belcher is the more obvious opponent for Bisping, Maia vs Cote seems a more obvious choice.
Wow how dumb of me! I forgot about the Palhares fight, long night last night :). I personally think Palhares will take that fight as well, guy has an amazing chin and a great ground game. I watched him v hendo again and was really impressed and if the odds are good enough i will definitely put some money down on it. I think its gotta be cote then, i read somewhere Belcher was gonna fight Maia and with that i cant really think of other opponents for Bisping at the moment

·
Super Ultra Great Delicious Wonderful
6,517 Posts
Maia, Belcher, or Akiyama would all be interesting and probably entertaining. I think they should give Cote a guy below Bisping to let him try and get his feet back under him in the division.

·
The Forum Drunk
9,450 Posts
I'd like to see him get cote or belcher. If fights werent an issue I'd add sexyama and nate to that list.

·
Premium Member
4,430 Posts
if 120 is in England could be perfect for having Bisping, Hardy and Hathaway on the card which would be sick. I really liked mike in this fight. I didn't see much improvement against Kang but thought he looked better last night. If Bisping V Nate, Hardy V Thiago and Hathaway V Swick/Rumble are there then so am I!

·
M.I.A
2,550 Posts
Belcher makes great sense to me. Fireworks for sure, since Belcher brings it, and Bisping will have to deal with it.

·
Premium Member
2,384 Posts
I like the idea of Bisping Vs. Belcher more than Belcher Vs. Maia. But since that probably won't happen it will most likely be Cote or Akiama. Either way, I wish Mike would use his knees more, the guy clearly doesn't have KO power in his hands, but his clinch and Muay Thai knee game is severly overlooked and underrated.

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
He'll probably get another top contender with heavy hands. He'll go back to his tap and run tactic before getting badly rocked at the end of each round and either get KTFO again, or lose a decision. Then after that he'll fight another gatekeeper, look brilliant, look like he's found his KO power again, and repeat. Bisping is never going to be a champion in the UFC.

·
The American Dream
586 Posts
I see Belcher dominating Bisping on the feet and winning on the ground. It would be a bad fight for Bisping.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.