Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

If Conor vs Dustin 3 does happen who wins?

• Dustin Poirier

• Conor McGregor

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys think is mostly likely up next in the chapter of Conor McGregor? He just lost to Dustin and wants an immediate rematch. Do you guys think he'll get that rematch? And if so who do you guys have winning this one? I personally feel like he should get another win at lightweight while Dustin fights for the belt. There are so many options at lightweight it's hard to go wrong. I think Ferguson vs McGregor would be fun or maybe even a Dos Anjos vs McGregor. I think after having only one fight in 2020 and then losing to Dustin he needs a win to show us that he is still at that elite level.

·
The Title Guy
17,920 Posts
Conor is out until I think June because of those calf kicks and Poirier might be getting a title shot earlier then that so if he wants a rematch it won't be coming anytime soon. My guess is that he'll need to get at least one rebound match in bbefore he gets the rematch against Conor.

·
The Title Guy
17,920 Posts
I would hope that Conor would do better against Jake then Ben Askren but then again, Ben Askren got knocked out so...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would hope that Conor would do better against Jake then Ben Askren but then again, Ben Askren got knocked out so...
Yeah but look at Ben Askren's career and then look at McGregor's career. Ben Askren has always been a wrestler and has always had comically bad striking while Conor has a very unique style and fantastic striking. He went 10 rounds against the GOAT in boxing and he clipped him with a good shot. I also think Conor was out-striking Poirier in their second fight but Dustin just had a great game plan to implement those calf kicks. So i feel like a boxing match against Jake Paul wouldn't even be close.

·
Premium Member
7,367 Posts
Conor was out-striking Poirier in their second fight but Dustin just had a great game plan to implement those calf kicks. So i feel like a boxing match against Jake Paul wouldn't even be close.

Conor fought as low as 145 lbs.

Jake Paul is boxing at 190.

People could look a few weight classes higher to find future opponents for Jake Paul.

·
The Title Guy
17,920 Posts
Yeah, Conor probably walks around in the 180s for fighting at welterweight. Either way he's probably going to need to be a little more proactive in making money considering he just sold off Proper 12. It may have been quite the pay day but it still means he needs to either invest that money or find a way to make money.

·
Premium Member
7,367 Posts
Conor sold proper 12??

Looks it up

Conor's worth more than $600 million now?

That's hilarious to me.

When is that "How to make money like Conor McGregor in 21 easy steps for dummies" book coming out?

·
The Title Guy
17,920 Posts
Apparently he was originally going to name Proper 12 "Notorious" but my guess is copyright issues probably prevented him from naming it that.

·
The Title Guy
17,920 Posts
I agree completely considering how easy it was for Dustin to use his calf kicks to basically hamstring Conor and Conor didn't have an answer for it. Reminds me of his matches with Khabib and Nate where he didn't have an answer for an opponents offense. Obviously we have talked about calf kick defense on here before but that's not standard defense.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts