Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What do you think is next for the fighters that competed at UFC live on versus 2?

Jon Jones: Dana said if he wins then he would get to fight a top 8 fighter, most of the top 8 have matches planned at the moments so maybe fight the winner of lil nog and bader.

Vladimyr: I honestley dont know but i see his next fight either being on the undercards of a UFC card or on one of the fight night cards.

Yushin Okami: Maybe damian maia. Belcher pulled out due to injury.

Takanori Gomi: Maybe now he could fight Joe Stevenson or somebody like Kurt pellagrino.

Cant really think of the others, what do you gys think?

·
Premium Member
1,669 Posts
What do you think is next for the fighters that competed at UFC live on versus 2?
Bones - Has to fight either Thiago or Forrest by the end of the year.

Okami - One big fight away from #1 contendership - Marquardt or Maia? Silva's destroyed/made a fool of everyone already - he can keep doing it for a few years. Okami would just get destroyed if he got a shot.

Gomi - Just good enough to be among the top 7ish. Dunham/Maynard/Edgar? As it stands, I don't see anyone beating Florian. I don't see Penn getting beat by anyone (again)........till Aldo comes in to the picture perhaps.

·
....Omar Comin'
4,797 Posts
Bones vs Thiago would be nice
Matyushenko vs Struve (loser gets cut)
Gomi vs Stevenson or Guida
Okami vs Belfort for no.1 contender

·
Registered
769 Posts
Main card fighters only:
Winners:
Rashad would be my #1 choice for Jones to face, however, they are teammates and likely won't fight each other. Also, Rashad is supposed to be going against Shogun, but there are conflicting reports as to when he is going to get back. Dana white says late spring, early summer, shogun says possibly december. If its more like what White is saying, I'd like to see Jones vs. Evans for #1 contender.
More realistically:
Jones vs. Thiago Silva
Okami vs. winner of Marquardt/Palhares for #1 contender after Belfort in late November
Ellenberger vs. loser of Hughes/Almeida
Gomi vs. loser of Maynard/Florian

Losers:
Matyushenko vs. someone irrelevant
Munoz vs. Belcher
Howard vs. loser of Hazelett/Story
Griffin vs. Stevenson

·
Registered
5,499 Posts
Just to clarify before anyone rips me apart, here is what I think the UFC WILL do, not should do, based on prior similiar situations.

Jones vs Thaigo Silva or Rich Franklin - After sacrificing Forrest to AS I highly doubt DW does it again against Jones
Okami vs winner of Sonnen vs Silva - It is too hard to keep these MW's from beating each other and keeping themselves away from title shots. That plus he knows Okami is one guy AS will fight to KO.
Vlad - Either straight cut or given to Liddel to beat and then cut
Ellenberger vs winner of Hughes/Almeida
Gomi vs Stevenson or Guida - Guys who will stand & bang and who can also wrestle to test Gomi further

I don't think Okami deserves a straight shot at AS, but he would have had his shot earlier if he didn't get hurt. I think Okami vs Leben could be a good war.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts