Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
-NOW YOU SLEEP-
10,940 Posts
Probably back to fighting cans.

Edit: Damn it just came to me. He will fight Batista. That sounds about right for Strikeforce and Fedor.

Sounds about right for osmium and his opinion is more like it.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Possibly a rematch/ winner of title fight, KHARITONOV maybe, there isn't a whole lot of choice maybe an Arlovski rematch, just hope negotiations with UFC are easier now and we get to see him fight there, but would still like to see him v's Alistair.
Only in SF can a guy lose a fight and still win.

·
-NOW YOU SLEEP-
10,940 Posts
Good call mate.
Beating 6 guys who were champ or ex-champ in UFC/pride isn't enough for some people, excluding other decent fighters e.g Babalu.
You can't be talking about the same "Babalu" who has defeated Mauricio "SHOGUN" Rua?

Okay lets take a step back here. Babalu just beat Robbie Lawler so obviously Robbie Lawler was overrated because "STRIKEFORCE sucks"...... amirite!!

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Good call mate.
Beating 6 guys who were champ or ex-champ in UFC/pride isn't enough for some people, excluding other decent fighters e.g Babalu.
Babalu fights at 205, bro.

You can't be talking about the same "Babalu" who has defeatd Mauricio "SHOGUN" Rua?

Okay lets take a step back here. Babalu just beat Robbie Lawler so obviously Robbie Lawler was overrated because "STRIKEFORCE sucks"...... amirite!!

OH PLEEEEEEEEAAASE...Babalu is a good fighter, but let's not pretend that Shogun wasn't in his 4th fight ever at that point, was about 21 years old, and was fighting a 20+ fight vet. Shogun would absolutely murder Babalu now.

·
-NOW YOU SLEEP-
10,940 Posts
Babalu fights at 205, bro_OH PLEEEEEEEEAAASE...Babalu is a good fighter, but let's not pretend that Shogun wasn't in his 4th fight ever at that point, was about 21 years old, and was fighting a 20+ fight vet. Shogun would absolutely murder Babalu now.
The same way that he murdered Forrest and Mark Coleman?

·
Super Ultra Great Delicious Wonderful
6,517 Posts
Babalu fights at 205, bro.
And Robbie Lawler is a MW who was dwarfed by Babalu and got subbed by a WW in Jake Shields and was being handed one of the worst one sided beatings I have ever seen by Melvin before he caught him with a lucky punch.

I guess he is the greatest MW ever though. Anderson Silva wouldn't make him look like a complete joke or anything then move up and make Babalu look like a joke. FEDOR P4P GREATEST STILL! HE BEAT BABALU~!AND LINDLAND!

·
On a Rampage
1,845 Posts
All the Strikeforce announcers seemed to be pretty adamant, despite what Werdum said, that it would be Werdum vs Overeem. I don't know if Coker will let Werdum fight Fedor agsin. Fedor only has 1 fight on his contract. If he wins a rematch with Werdum and leaves the promotion, then who's the #1 contender? I guess Bigfoot is really the only option as far as HWs. King Mo has been calling out Fedor though. I know he's LHW, but that hasn't stopped Fedor before.

·
-NOW YOU SLEEP-
10,940 Posts
And Robbie Lawler is a MW who was dwarfed by Babalu and got subbed by a WW in Jake Shields and was being handed one of the worst one sided beatings I have ever seen by Melvin before he caught him with a lucky punch.

I guess he is the greatest MW ever though. Anderson Silva wouldn't make him look like a complete joke or anything then move up and make Babalu look like a joke. FEDOR P4P GREATEST STILL! HE BEAT BABALU~!AND LINDLAND!
And Nog twice , And Arlovski, And Coleman, and CroCop, And Syliva, ANd Randalman, And Herring, And Arona, and Rogers, and yeah Babalu too.

BTW don't take the Lawler loss to Shields too personally... Sheilds at middleweight has defeated Okami and Henderson as well. Jake is just that good.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Arona actually got robbed, and yeah, he and Babalu are actually LHWs. Won't really credit for a HW winning a fight he should've won. Kinda happens when you are a weight class bigger, especially when that weight is HW, and the other guy is fighting you in an openweight scenario.

And Brett Rogers sucks. A lot of the other people can be argued, but I just want to make sure the fact that Brett Rogers sucks is emphasized. He's the biggest sham I've seen in MMA. At least Houston Alexander didn't get a title shot.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts