Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
The American Psycho
7,096 Posts
Considering how season 4 is going so far, I would have to say that cancellation is next!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Nah, when shows are going down the drain, they bring back an All-Star version... Bring back all the fighters people liked (not who actually is a good fighter) and make a reality show with fights in it. It's the same as any reality show except one of the fights each episode are in a cage.

·
The American Psycho
7,096 Posts
Choke_Wire said:
this show has done to much for ufc to get cancelled
I know, I'm just frusturated that the fights in season 4 are sucking so bad!

·
Registered
136 Posts
I'm sure they're going to avoid any "comeback" aspect for the next season. They'll probably go back to the regular rookies coming in, and having one head coach for each team. It worked better having two known coaches getting more air-time and more control over the teams. It seemed they wanted GSP to coach because Dana even assumed GSP would take Hughes and fans are more likely to watch if they "like" the champions. So by giving GSP a spot on the show, people would recognize him. Then all a sudden, GSP is hurt and the editors give GSP less airtime since he won't be fighting Hughes as soon. Conspiracy?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hmm...

I was wondering if they could do a gauntlet style season.
Instead of single elimination, they have each of the guys go through 4 outside opponents per weight class and the two in each weight class with the best record (ties determined by KO, Time, or Decision record) fight in the final.

Do most of us really watch for the drama? NAH.
We watch for the last 15 minutes when they fight, and to see some of the training. Cut out the manufactured drama, give me pure snippets of training, more prelim fights, and better analysis of styles and techniques.

I would be happy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.