Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How did his knee surgery go? Does anyone know his contract status with UFC?

I haven't read any news about The Predator since his fight with Anderson. I'd love to see him stand and bang with Hendo, heavy hands and granite chins would make for a fun fight.

Much love for anyone with any insight! \m/

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
He had to get a second surgury performed and is looking at an early 2010 return against an unknown opponent.

·
ROCKET FISTS
5,743 Posts
I've been wondering this as well. I like Cote, that guy has huge potential. I think he was never able to come into his prime due to the injuries.

Maybe in 2011 we'll see a prime beastly Cote tearing through fools, who knows.

·
Banned
2,638 Posts
i think he is still standing still waiting for Anderson to engage him and i think his fans are still thinking he is winning.

·
Banned
2,638 Posts
You're right. Because we know the only way to beat Anderson Silva is with the Griffin strategy. :sarcastic12:
at least griffin made the fight exciting, Cote stood there doing nothing at the biggest moment of his career then hurt himself, much more embarrassing then going after Anderson and getting knocked out if you ask me.

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
at least griffin made the fight exciting, Cote stood there doing nothing at the biggest moment of his career then hurt himself, much more embarrassing then going after Anderson and getting knocked out if you ask me.
Yeah, make the fight exciting and run at him swinging wildly its worked well for Griffen, Hendo, Leben, Irvin, everyone who has tried to push the pace gets hammered. Fact is Cote made Silva attacked and even if he wasn't winning on points (I believe Cote should have been winning the first, Anderson the second but the 1st could go either way due to the big knee) Cote was doing well by making Anderson come forward as the aggressor and maintaing his composure something Forrest should have tried.

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
He updated his facebook page last night with 'Bisping, spring 2010?' or something like that. Would love to see that fight.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Damn, that's a tough one for a comeback fight! Maybe he wants some Canadian vengeance for Kang's loss, ha ha.

Can't wait to see Cote back in action, I hope he gets another shot at the Spider but it looks less likely now than it did when he went out with the injury. Everyone's talking about fights for Silva at LHW (Shogun, Rashad) and Marquardt's at the top of the ladder too.

Cote fights I'd like to see (not necessarily his first fight back):
- Akiyama
- Bisping
- Kang
- Okami

Good ones for his first fight back might be Belcher, Leben rematch, Palhares.

·
ROCKET FISTS
5,743 Posts
Damn, that's a tough one for a comeback fight! Maybe he wants some Canadian vengeance for Kang's loss, ha ha.

Can't wait to see Cote back in action, I hope he gets another shot at the Spider but it looks less likely now than it did when he went out with the injury. Everyone's talking about fights for Silva at LHW (Shogun, Rashad) and Marquardt's at the top of the ladder too.

- Akiyama
- Bisping
- Kang
- Okami

IMO Cote, if he looks anything like he did right before he got injured, would make short work of Bisping and Kang.

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts

- Akiyama
- Bisping
- Kang
- Okami

I think Leben would make a good first fight back, altough its a fight that does nothing for his standing in the MW division to win it allows him to avenge an old loss and come back with an easier fight which in turn gives him some more time to get in shape before getting back in there with higher level of talent. I have little desire to see the fight with Palhares though as that to me is to close to the fight with Almedia and I think it would go pretty much the same way which many people didn't find exciting. Palhares got chin to.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Some good guy's for Cotes first fight back that are not already booked are Alessio Sakara, Nate Quarry, Jorge Rivera (TUF 4 rematch), Tim Credeur or James Irvin.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Saw him at Taco Bell drive through 10 minutes ago! Not shitting you guys!
Don't know about that, not too many Taco Bells here in Montreal ;)

Saw him walking into Tristar not too long ago with Loiseau. Didn't take a good look, so he may have had a can or a crutch, was going pretty slow. I'd like to see him face Bisping in his second match back. Cote - Leben wouldn't be too bad. Maybe the main event of a fight night.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts