Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Strawweight: Weili, Rose Namajunas, Joanna J, Jessica Andrade..........Uncertain at this point: Tatiana Suarez......OK fighters but not quite world class: Nina Ansaroff, Claudia Gadelha, Carla Esparza

Flyweight: Valentina Schevchenko....and no one else

Bantamweight: Amanda Nunes.....Ok but not quite world class: Aspen Ladd, Julianna Pena, Ketlen Vieira

Featherweight: no one other than the aforementioned Nunes.

Am I missing anyone?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I don't think Germaine De Randamie is very good despite having fought for the title. She won against Holm by CHEATING and she also has a fluke win over Ladd. Other than that she has a win over the completely underwhelming Raquel Pennington...

Holly Holm and Raquel Pennington are two other fighters that have been in the top 5 for a good while now due to low competition but who are in fact very underwhelming. I also hear some people say good things about Irene Aldana but her record and performance say otherwise.

·
Premium Member
6,818 Posts
Can check the UFC rankings to see if you forgot anyone.

There are names coming up like Pannie Kianzad, Amanda Ribas and Maycee Barber who could be dangerous in the future.

·
The Title Guy
17,185 Posts
I've known Tatiana Suarez since high school (she went by Tatiana Padilla back then) and I have no doubt that she is going to be a world champion eventually. She has the best wrestling in the women's straw weight division to the point that I think she could destroy Joanna in a similar fashion to Valentina Shevchenko.

·
Premium Member
6,818 Posts
There are so many up and coming fighters that are new to the UFC, its impossible to keep track of them all.

I've known Tatiana Suarez since high school (she went by Tatiana Padilla back then) and I have no doubt that she is going to be a world champion eventually. She has the best wrestling in the women's straw weight division to the point that I think she could destroy Joanna in a similar fashion to Valentina Shevchenko.
She's been on the injury bench for so long.

Wonder what happened.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There are so many up and coming fighters that are new to the UFC, its impossible to keep track of them all.

She's been on the injury bench for so long.

Wonder what happened.
Spine injury in the neck. She couldn't feel her left arm during the Ansaroff fight (or maybe just during the last round). That might explain the lacklustre performance....or she might be using it as an excuse.

·
Premium Member
6,818 Posts
Spine injury in the neck. She couldn't feel her left arm during the Ansaroff fight (or maybe just during the last round). That might explain the lacklustre performance....or she might be using it as an excuse.

I don't know if its possible to become a good wrestler without on some level loving the grind.

Those types of people love what they do, they enjoy competing and don't make excuses imo.

People who make excuses and play the blame game usually aren't honest enough with themselves to enjoy that level of success.

In my opinion anyways. Feel free to disagree.

Suarez watches and live tweets every UFC event. Looks like she's always studying and learning. Definitely one of the more dangerous and bright prospects but who knows what's going on with her injury situation.

·
The Title Guy
17,185 Posts
I thought she tweeted a while back about having a knee issue or something related to her leg. I might be wrong but I guess we'll see.

·
Premium Member
6,818 Posts
There are some who get a ---natural high--- off of the work and training most hate doing.

I wonder how common it is in MMA.

·
The Title Guy
17,185 Posts
Well I remember getting a good feeling when I work out and am sore after not working out for a while. Do you get that feeling?

·
Premium Member
6,818 Posts
There are some who pace themselves in training. They're scared of injuries, wearing themselves out, etc.

There are others who get a high off pushing themselves harder. They do it because on some level it feels good.

I think I'm more the 2nd type. Only bringing this up as I think its an interesting point I've never seen anyone mention before.

Many might not even be aware of this being a thing.

·
The Title Guy
17,185 Posts
Yeah I think the ideal fighter is somewhere in between because they can push themselves and remain somewhat injury free with exceptions of course. Being the former fighter type means that in a more intense fight said fighter can't withstand the heat. The latter has a tendency to get injured constantly like what was happening with AKA at one point.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts