Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm doing a research paper on the greatest heavyweights in combat sports I.e. boxing, MMA, Kickboxing, submission grappling, sumo, wrestling. etc.

just wanted to get some of your oppenions.
here what i got

Boxing - Ali/Tyson
Kickboxing - Ernesto Hoost
Greco-Roman wrestling-Alexander Karelin
Sumo - Akebono Tarō
MMA - Fedor Emelianenko
Submission Grappling/BJJ - ?????
Freestyle wrestling - ?????
Shootfighting(Pancrase for example) - ?????

can you guys help me out?
thanks

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
Submission Grappling - Roger Gracie.

The guy has an unbelieveable grappling record.

·
SikWithIt
2,539 Posts
Submission Grappling - Roger Gracie.

The guy has an unbelieveable grappling record.
I'm gonna go and say Submission Grappling - Fedor Emelianenko also since hes been a ***** champion from 93 till now.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Alexander Medved is considered by most wrestlers to be the greatest HW Freestyle wrestler of all time. 3 Gold medals and 7 World Championships.

·
MMA Patriot
4,003 Posts
Boxing - Ali/Marciano
this has been an on going argument for a long time as to who is better but they are both with out a doubt the two best.
Ali 58-5 38 ko's
Mrciano 49-0 43 ko's (26 or so in the first 3 rounds)
Kickboxing - Hug/Hoost
Andy died at an early age and didnt get a chance to win as much as ernesto did but when he was fighting he was a beast.
Greco-Roman wrestling-Alexander Karelin
Sumo - ???
MMA - Anderson Silva
as much as i hate to admit it he is the best.
Submission Grappling/BJJ - Roger gracie maybe. but honestly i dont know enough to say for sure.
Freestyle wrestling - too many greats to decide on one
Shootfighting(Pancrase for example) - ken Shamrock
say what you want about him now but back in his prime he ruled pancrase and beat bas rutten there twice.

·
Super Ultra Great Delicious Wonderful
6,517 Posts
I know a lot of people like to bitch about it but you have to put Semmy in there for kickboxing.

·
"Focus"
10,181 Posts
Tyson belongs no where near the best, tell me anyone he beat? It's Ali or Foreman.

·
MMA Patriot
4,003 Posts
Tyson belongs no where near the best, tell me anyone he beat? It's Ali or Foreman.
agree there is a long list of guys more deserving than tyson. and Forman is probably my favorite boxer however foreman is in the top 5 but the best is either ali or marciano.

·
"Focus"
10,181 Posts
agree there is a long list of guys more deserving than tyson. and Forman is probably my favorite boxer however foreman is in the top 5 but the best is either ali or marciano.
Foreman would be the best if Ali hadn't beaten him, but with the rumble you have to give the best HW to Ali. Rocky was great and he was undefeated, but his list of wins just isn't as impressive to me as Ali's, though it is still good, just not as good haha.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts