Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Fedor Emelianenko

Votes: 22 27.5%
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Who are your favorite current champions?

Brock Lesnar
Mauricio Rua
Anderson Silva
Georges St-Pierre
Frankie Edgar
Fedor Emelianenko

And why?

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
There aren't any current champions I don't like TBH. Frankie Edgar's my least favourite, but that's only because I don't know that much about him. If I had to pick 1 it'd have to be Shogun. Can't say I dislike any of them though.

·
Let Me Bang Bro
1,967 Posts
Hang on........ what is Fedor the champion of?

I voted Anderson

·
Premium Member
1,669 Posts
Silva can and is willing to dominate at 3 weight divisions, but Dana White doesn't want that to happen. He's the most dominant fighter the UFC has ever seen. He's the pulled off some of the greatest displays of brilliance the sport has ever seen.

Why not GSP - I dislike him now, no warrior spirit in him. He was great to watch before, but after Serra K.O.ed - his play it safe mentality will probably define his future wins the rest of his career. And also he's being tucked in to a saftey net of TUF by Dana White/Joe Silva - I dislike him because he's being protected. And 'I need atleast a year to move up a weight class.'

Why not Lesnar - I don't dislike him, don't like him. Just impressed.

Why not Rua - I like him, but I have a feeling he's going to keep the LHW belt merry-go-round going. And because Anderson would likely beat him.

Why not Edgar - Don't dislike him, great underdog, but he'll have his few months of glory till a rematch.

Why not Overeem - Don't dislike him, don't like him.

Why not Fedor - Cause he's shown no desire to fight the best fighters in the world and he's ridiculously overrated - he's a legend, today he's a 5-7 ranked HW, that's it. The UFC's talent pool of Mir, Carwin, Lesnar and Cain - would all destroy him IMO. JDS would be favored as well.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Fedor and Anderson. Unbelievable skills combined with an exciting style. And, for the most part, they finish fights. Anderson of course has his hiccups, but his fights are like watching art.

To be honest though, most of my favorite fighters don't or aren't currently holding a belt.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Why not Rua - I like him, but I have a feeling he's going to keep the LHW belt merry-go-round going. And because Anderson would likely beat him.

Why not Fedor - Cause he's shown no desire to fight the best fighters in the world and he's ridiculously overrated - he's a legend, today he's a 5-7 ranked HW, that's it. The UFC's talent pool of Mir, Carwin, Lesnar and Cain - would all destroy him IMO. JDS would be favored as well.

LOL @ Mir being better than Fedor. Fedor does not want to get involved with DANA. I am sure he would fight about anyone outside the Ufc.

Rua is a talented figher who was overdue for a title reign. The only people I feel that can beat is are Machida (they are 1-1) and Anderson after A LOT of training. The only people silva has fought in LHW has been greybeards and glassjaws.

so much for being objective.

·
Registered
431 Posts
1.Anderson Silva-Simply an exciting man to watch fight.

2.Brock Lesnar- Plays an excellent heel and is the real deal.

3.Shogun Rua-Not afraid to brawl. Excellent Muay Thai.

4.Fedor Eme...whatever-Hes good, but needs to fight Brock.

5.Frankie Edgar-..k

6.Georges St. Pierre-BORING fighter.. I just hate everything about him.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
I forgot to mention my favorite - Shogun and Fedor. The reason, I like their fighting style, they make it exciting practically every fight. Pure action.

Brock Lesnar is too arrogant.

Frankie Edgar is relatively unknown for me.

Anderson Silva has been very interesting in some of the fights, but in the others he was just bored and all the fans felt it too. He can do much more, but doesn't really want anymore.

GSP is good, but I rarely like victories by decision when it comes to earning them mostly using the superior wrestling skills and nullifying opponent's stand up. I wish he was stopping them.

Hang on........ what is Fedor the champion of?
PRIDE, WAMMA and the future Strikeforce champion:) but I just wanted to see where he'd be ranked among UFC champs.

I always wonder why they call him "Shogun"? Virtually every UFC fighter has a nickname, but nonetheless nobody calls them by their nickname more often then Rua (let alone displaying it instead of his first name while entering the cage), e.g Liddell (or Chuck), rarely "The Iceman", Franklin is called most of the time by his last name, nobody uses "Ace". Any thoughts on that?

·
Banned
7,811 Posts
I always wonder why they call him "Shogun"? Virtually every UFC fighter has a nickname, but nonetheless nobody calls them by their nickname more often then Rua (let alone displaying it instead of his first name while entering the cage), e.g Liddell (or Chuck), rarely "The Iceman", Franklin is called most of the time by his last name, nobody uses "Ace". Any thoughts on that?
I think it's just so easy to pronounce and also Sounds kinda flashy. Misterious maybe too..

Rua sounds alright.. little boring maybe.

Mauricio is just a tough name in general.

·
On a Rampage
1,845 Posts
I gotta go with Shogun. It's looks to me that the old shogun is back. You know the one that comes in and knocks everyone out.

Not Brock, although I don't hate him.

Not Silva, because that dancing around crap is annoying.

Not GSP, because he could finish guys but doesn't see the
point.

Not Edgar, because I didn't think he even won the title and don't think he'll keep it.

Fedor isn't really a champion and for whatever reason doesn't fight the best. I know Fedor fanboys: it's all Dana's fault, he's doing what's best for him, he's the best ever and always will be. I don't really want to get into it; it's just my opinion on why he's not my favorite.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.