Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shane Carwin almost did. That was as close as anyone will get for a long time. Lesnar is a machine that keeps getting better and better. There doesn't seem to be any other heavyweights out there that could beat Lesnar. Velasquez no, Dos Santos no, Overveem no, Fedor no. Fedor missed his chance, should've took it while Lesnar was still learning to fight. If Fedor were to ever fight in the UFC, Lesnar will be to dam good by the time he gets there. But theres always someone out there who is bigger and better. Theres got to be a guy out there to take Lesnar out?????

·
You're not terribly important to me
15,563 Posts
NO ONE mwahahahahahhaahahah

·
Premium Member
9,481 Posts
Anderson Silva if he goes back to Heavy Weight stands the best chance. The person who beats Brock Lesner is a BJJ wrestler with amazing scrambling abilities alla BJ Penn and amazing technical striking. Stick move scramble and run.

Oh and James Toney....because the answer is always James Toney.

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
But theres always someone out there who is bigger and better.
yep and that person IS Brock. I was not a fan of his originally but he has proven to be the real deal.

Who will beat him? Only Father Time. Until age gets him he will dominate the division. He is the best in the world by a large margin. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was watching a strongman competition on TV the other day and saw the 07 canadian strongman champ at 6'5 400lbs Dominic Filiou, with a little MMA training he could put some hurt on little Lesnar. Other than that nobody is right!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
6-8 months from now Lesnar will be talented enough to go toe to toe with Carwin. He blew his chance, rematch will be like Lesnar Mir 2, well not that bad but you get the point.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Carwin, Cain, Fedor, Overeem, JDS, maybe even Big country. I think Carwin, Cain, and Fedor would beat him. The others have a chance but I would favor Brock.
Lesnar is getting to good. These guys will only make him better yet and improve his record.

·
The Detective
1,338 Posts
yep and that person IS Brock. I was not a fan of his originally but he has proven to be the real deal.

Who will beat him? Only Father Time. Until age gets him he will dominate the division. He is the best in the world by a large margin. :thumbsup:
Lesnar is getting to good. These guys will only make him better yet and improve his record.
You guys do realize that Lesner got demolished in the 1st round and was only able to win because Carwin came out like a zombie in the 2nd right? You guys are acting like Carwin got dominated. Brock has the worst stand up I have seen since Marcus Jones. Sure he is going to get better, but so is Cain and JDS and Carwin will fix his issue of whatever caused him to gas like that. Brock can beat a lot of guys, but he did not look like the dominant monster you guys are making him out to be.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Lesnar has 0 stand up skills which I dont see improving to a great extend. You eighter know how to throw hands or you don't. Timing punches in combination with agility and speed cannot be learned and I didnt see any of that from Lesnar. He is going to stick with take downs as far as I can see.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I agree he is not a dominate monster yet, but is becoming one. Carwin is his only real threat out there but by the time he earns his rematch, which he will, Lesnar will be have improved his stand up defense.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Should be a better fight then. Until then these 2 guys are going to tear through Dana's heavyweight list.

·
15,563 Posts
randy couture is working with brock so he will help out his stand up and he might be invited to other camps like rashad's and he would get better.

·
Registered
332 Posts
You guys do realize that Lesner Got demolished in the 1st round and was only able to win because Carwin came out like a zombie in the 2nd right? You guys are acting like Carwin got dominated. Brock has the worst stand up I have seen since Marcus Jones. Sure he is going to get better, but so is Cain and JDS and Carwin will fix his issue of whatever caused him to gas like that. Brock can beat a lot of guys, but he did not look like the dominate monster you guys are making him out to be.
Exactly. Which is why I hope (for his sake) that his camp decides not to train him to fight southpaw anymore. He was terrible at it, even worse then standard style. I can understand why they did it for Carwin. But even then he couldnt take a fresh Shane Carwin to the ground.

The ONLY reason Brock won that fight was b/c Carwin gassed. Period.

I just dont see Brock's reign lasting that long. Unless he gets ad lucky like he did the other night.

·
15,563 Posts
Exactly. Which is why I hope (for his sake) that his camp decides not to train him to fight southpaw anymore. He was terrible at it, even worse then standard style. I can understand why they did it for Carwin. But even then he couldnt take a fresh Shane Carwin to the ground.

The ONLY reason Brock won that fight was b/c Carwin gassed. Period.

I just dont see Brock's reign lasting that long. Unless he gets ad lucky like he did the other night.
his reign has already been over a year and a half and he has already defended it 2 times, so i think it has lasted pretty long

1 - 20 of 37 Posts