Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i mean before tuf i didnt realy liked rashad,but in this season he was pretty cool,and realy good person,so from now on i will be his fan..and before this show i liked rampage,but man i dont anymore,so i am glad that i watch this season to findout who is rashad,and what kind of person he is,and same thing about rampage..sorry for bad english:)

·
Premium Member
3,705 Posts
I respected rashad as a fighter before but never really liked him, this show changed my opinion of him and he is one of my favorite fighters in the UFC now.

SAVE THE CHICKENS RASHAD!! SAVE THEM!!

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
i did not care one way or the other about Evans until the show.

now, i hold him in the same regard as a coach as i do Bisping: a-whiney-bitch

·
Fruits & Vegetables
2,580 Posts
I like Rashad's personality better since watching the show, but his fights have never really excited me. (I just don't associate his name with amazing fights when I hear it on a card.)

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Im not a fan of his. I think he will get exposed by any top striker in the lhw division just like he did against Machida. He has abandoned his wrestling to try and be entertaining, that is going to be a big mistake against Thiago Silva if he doesnt correct it. He seems like a nice guy and a good coach, but for some reason ive just never been a fan.

·
Banned
525 Posts
I thought he was a D-bag before this season-- I was so wrong. He's a cool cat. :thumbsup:

Rampage on the other hand... MAJOR :thumbsdown: D-BAG!!!
Rampage is not a douchebag. He spent most of the season pissed off because, until Marcus Jones, he had been associatted with nothing but losers. Sure, he's not a coach, he never claimed to be. In fact, he said in one of the early episodes, he's not a coach and that's why he brought coaches with him. I promise, if Rashad had been in Rampages place for most of the season, he'd be the douchebag. Bottomline, they were chosen as the coaches on TUF because they have name value and personality. Rashad just happens to be a good coach.

·
Registered
595 Posts
I liked Rasha d on TUF 2 but then a few of his fights after sucked and i didnt liken the way he was acting in the few interviews i saw with him but after this season i thin k hes a cool guy.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Never thought he was a "douche bag" or a "homo" or none of that folly, Rasta

alwasy thought he was a cool, upstanding brotha...

·
Registered
329 Posts
i mean before tuf i didnt realy liked rashad,but in this season he was pretty cool,and realy good person,so from now on i will be his fan..
I was a Rashad fan before, but that was mostly cause he was a relaitvely small dude who beat bigger guys. His coaching on the show has been a revelation. Didn't know he had that in him.\

HOW-evah .... here's an idea for some great theatre.

Now that he's had to coach a few egos, how about we get video of a Rashad-Matt Hughes 'beer summit'? Cause right now, Rashad has to realize it's not easy coaching a knucklehead (Matt Mitrione). The question is, does Rashad realize how much of a knucklehead HE was a few years back. Not that Hughes isn't a stubborn SOB either.

Great Theatre Idea #2 - Get the coaches of all the guys who've won TUF, and went on to win a UFC championship, together for a sit down on coaching.

·
Registered
92 Posts
i don't hate rashad, i hate the way the editing of the show is prtraying page to be such a douche and rashad a hero of mankind. please. it's also kinda sad to see so many people who can be easily swayed by the editing. i'll admit, in the beginning of the season, i was starting to hate rampage, but after a while it was just to much bullshit. i wonder, is dana talking to the pope to get rashad canonized after the season? he may be a nice guy, but TUF is making him look like an angel and page look like the devil. i doubt that this is the case.

·
Let Me Bang Bro
1,967 Posts
Before the show I hated Rashad and liked Rampage. My opinion has reversed.

·
Registered
329 Posts
i don't hate rashad, i hate the way the editing of the show is prtraying page to be such a douche and rashad a hero of mankind. please. it's also kinda sad to see so many people who can be easily swayed by the editing.
You make a good point about what editing can do. Edit it right, and Charles Manson comes off like Mother Theresa.

However, it's not like Rashad is one of Dana's cash cows. He's never been that popular with the fan base. What reason would Dana White have to prop up Rashad? And we've already seen Rashad through a season of TUF. Was that all editing too? Was he a great guy than, and they edited him into looking like an arrogant showboat?

Yes the show COULD be being edited to drastically change the reality of what went on. That's true of any documentary film project. But if you do that in a television format, you lose all credibility as soon as somebody starts complaining you mis-represented them. A lot of coaches and fighters have passed through TUF. How many have complained they were mis-represented?

·
Registered
248 Posts
i think the editor made rampage look bad and rashad look good..but u can see rashad was starting alot of the bullshit between him and rampage especially in the later episodes...rampage is still the man

·
Registered
156 Posts
I used to hate rashad until this season of TUF. Started to like the guy until I caught a re-run of his fights the other night and realized what a cocky asshat he is. I don't like him again.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts